Noob questions on TRE/Speedohealer

jgitt

Registered
Hello all, i did some researching and was unable to find the exact answers i want. I'm wanting to get a speedohealer (preferably healtech), and also a Smart TRE. I was looking at the Ivan made smart TRE, then i found healtechs TRE which is also smart but would require me to cut one wire unlike the Ivan made. When looking at healtechs speedohealer, and TRE it looks like the they have the same plugs, and it looks like you can hook them in parallel. My question is to run both a speedohealer and a TRE will i need to get the same brand or can i go with a cheaper speedohealer like the 12O'clocklabs. Ill post some links down below to show the ones im looking at. And if anyone on this forum sells any of the above id like to hear some prices and get something ordered. Any other brand suggestions or if you run any of these please share your experience.
Thanks,

Healtech Electronics Speedohealer

X-TRE for Suzuki

https://www.motomummy.com/chain-kits-with-steel-front-and-rear-sprocket/12-oclocklabs-speedodrd/

You can use a ecu editor for tuning / better than the tre part# no matter what brand to remove the top end limiter. the ecu deal allows you to manipulate the ecu in numerous ways...provided you know what you / the tune knows how. The speedo healer corrects gearing combinations...it sounds good in theory but if you go the speed of traffic / use a smart phone gps you can figure out what speed you are really going.

What ecu editor would you suggest. I have a PCIII and want to upgrade to the PCV with the LCD display eventually. I didnt know if either of those would allow me to edit.

a powercommander does not modify they ECU, it only modifies the signals being sent to the injectors. ECU Editor is a stand alone program that allows you to actually change the timing maps on the ECU. for people with money, i would recommend to send it off to MPS or Schnitz Racing OR another forum member and they can do the job for you. TRE's are old technology and a laughable item around here. Speedo-healer can be a nice addon because it changes the frequency that is sent to the gauge cluster. the ECU knows nothing about actual wheel speed.

Don't waste your time or money with a TRE. The healtech speedohealer is great idea. The best thing to do (in my opinion) is get rid of the pair valve and put on block off plates, put in aftermarket air filter, change the stacks in the air box, put in the PC V then take it to a reputable shop and have them flash the ecu to get rid of the speed limiter and raise your redline and then have them do a tune on the bike (I am not talking a tune that you can get off of a website either). There is a shop in Olathe, KS (which is mascially in Kansas City) that can do the work and does a good job.

Smithers Customs
513 E Kansas City Rd
Olathe, KS 66061
(913) 768-8667

Gitt - we have sold many, many, many Speedohealers to the members here through the years. It's a quality product that has been around a long time & works great.

Order up if you want one :thumbsup:
http://www.pashnit.com/product/speedohealer.html

Img_0340_600.jpg

Img_1076_speedohealer_plug.jpg

Img_1083_speedohealer_plug_hayabusa.jpg

Img_1089_speedohealer_750.jpg

Img_0340_600.jpg

Img_1076_speedohealer_plug.jpg

Img_1083_speedohealer_plug_hayabusa.jpg

Img_1089_speedohealer_750.jpg

Thanks everyone. Looks like ill go ahead a grab a speedohealer and save the other $100 for an ecu edit/tune rather than the TRE. I more or less just wanted something to smooth out the throttle rather than the on/off feeling. Long term goal is to get a stage 1 RCC kit so i dont want to spend money on something im not going to need down the road. US MARINE, Olathe KS, is a little drive for me but do you happen to know what they'd charge for a tune. Im in Columbia, MO, and there is a shop ive heard a lot of in Tipton, called Ghetto Superstar cycle center, any word on them?

I understand that he may be a little further than you would like to travel, but I mentioned him because I (and other's on here) know he is honest and does great work. He works on many busa's and even owns/races a few. I think it costed $250 for the edit and tune. I went ahead and purchased the PC V from Smithers (cost of $300) and he installed it. He will also check over things on your bike to make sure it is ready for the tune (air filter, rear tire pressure and spark plugs). Even though my plugs were not very old I was burning so much fuel before the tune that it ruined them in a short amount of time. I have never heard of the place you mentioned, I do not know if anyone else has on here or not.

I'm not an expert, murderout07 was offering to Flash your ECU for $50 not long ago. That would take care of your restrictions and a bunch of other things. PM him about this. You ship the ECU to him versus taking the bike to him. Sixpack is another member that seems to know a good bit about this.

The only way to make your bike perfect of course is to find a good reputable tuner and have them unleash your ECU and dyno tune your bike through the ECU and your PC.

I'm not an expert, murderout07 was offering to Flash your ECU for $50 not long ago. That would take care of your restrictions and a bunch of other things. PM him about this. You ship the ECU to him versus taking the bike to him. Sixpack is another member that seems to know a good bit about this.

The only way to make your bike perfect of course is to find a good reputable tuner and have them unleash your ECU and dyno tune your bike through the ECU and your PC.

Thanks Dad,
I actually know about 2 to 3% of what Ecu Editor can actually do:laugh:
I can however flash restrictions off Gen2's and B-Kings by mail(I have a bench flasher), and can do gsxr's in person(ecu plugs are different and can't use same bench flasher, need to put jumper harness on bike).
I cannot do gen1's, as they need a completely different flash box/Ecu Editor.
Freebie to org members, just send a paid return shipping label.
I'm somewhere in the 20's now in the last 3 years. So far so good.
Sorry, no air/fuel adjustments, that's dyno only. Anyone who says otherwise is guessing; or one of a handful of great tuners that could make a good a/f base map based on experience alone without being on a dyno. And they'll tell you, dyno tune it for A/F.
Turning the restrictions off is just a couple clicks, simple and noticeable. The restrictions are only there to tame the bike down to sell it to the masses anyway. So the great aggressive throttle response was there all along. Just like like 186mph limit is safe, and 187 is dangerous:laugh:

Thanks Dad,
I actually know about 2 to 3% of what Ecu Editor can actually do:laugh:
I can however flash restrictions off Gen2's and B-Kings by mail(I have a bench flasher), and can do gsxr's in person(ecu plugs are different and can't use same bench flasher, need to put jumper harness on bike).
I cannot do gen1's, as they need a completely different flash box/Ecu Editor.
Freebie to org members, just send a paid return shipping label.
I'm somewhere in the 20's now in the last 3 years. So far so good.
Sorry, no air/fuel adjustments, that's dyno only. Anyone who says otherwise is guessing; or one of a handful of great tuners that could make a good a/f base map based on experience alone without being on a dyno. And they'll tell you, dyno tune it for A/F.
Turning the restrictions off is just a couple clicks, simple and noticeable. The restrictions are only there to tame the bike down to sell it to the masses anyway. So the great aggressive throttle response was there all along. Just like like 186mph limit is safe, and 187 is dangerous:laugh:

Im pretty sure the Gen1 is the exact same box but just a different pigtail that connect to the ECU.

Back