Timing Retard Eliminator on an 11 Busa?

I put a TRE on my 08 and had nothing but problems with it. My Temp gauge would shoot right up to the top for no reason, and my Gear shift indicator would often show CHEC. This is due I believe to having to splice one of the wires to the ECU module on the bike, which I now regret doing. They told me I had a faulty TRE unit when I talked to Healitech and they did send my a new one, but I sold that on eBay and just installed the jumper which bypasses the TRE wiring. I am now getting the same issues without the TRE and when I move the wires where I had spliced for the TRE the Temp gauge and CHEC light return to normal.
My recommendation is if you want the functions of the TRE without the issues, get the ECU editor from Smithabusa one of the site sponsors.

Peace.

Rumble

Ecueditor is alittle more but does a safer job of getting rid of all the restrictions

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I had a great experience with mine but I would do the ECU Editor now. Not as much risk of screwing something up and you can put it back to normal very easy.

Do the ECU editor, the TRE tricks your bike to thinking its in a different gear to get rid of the top speed limiter. It runs 5th gear fuel mapping all the time, which some people say smoothes the bike out; however, most will disagree. Get the ECU editor, it fixes it the right way and it allows you to do so much more like turn your fans on sooner to keep the bike cooler, and change the rev limiter. The TRE is the old school way and all it does is trick your bike, the Editing the PC is 100% better. Do a search for Bubbasmith and you can read all about it.

Back