Derestricting

Greg (smithabusa) you have mail (actually at your sales@ address), let's get the Spudleybusa wired and fired !!!!
super.gif

GPS = Gear Position Sensor makes the bike think it's in 5th even if in 6th thus no limit on upper speed. The good ones show 1st through 5th but not when you are in 6th.

I had my bike run on the dyno after they ran a 06 gixxer 1k. Everytime that bike hit 186 mph it was like it hit a wall. The guy was there for a custom mapping. Bike ran killer hp. I was up next and was looking in the window with a few friends of mine when he brought the bike up near 11k than let off. Everyone was motioning to the guy to let her rip but he would not. It indicated 200+ mph when he let go of the throttle. He told me he didn't let her run to max speed because it wasn't there for a top speed run. TEASE. It's a 2000.

top speed on a dyno is meaningless
For some, one could say that derestricting a busa is meaningless. Wouldn't a top speed run on a dyno show how fast a bike is geared to go but of course not how fast it would go on pavement or at the salts? Meaningless to me yes. I'll never go near that fast but it was nice to see the bike was unrestricted as I read more than once that not all year 2000's were.

No the "deelio" (I got that one from Gofaster), is that the dyno would give you potential top speed of Busa without wind resistance. That, in essence, is good knowledge but that doesn't give accurate top speed while slamming the Busa into air pressure acquired while pushing the bike through it's paces in a tucked aerodynamic posture cooperating with the aerodynamic design of the Hayabusa at speed. That's why horsepower numbers are misleading. If you're running a machine that will, on dyno, go 200mph, but you're sitting up the whole way "slowing the bike down", you don't really have a bike that will go 200mph. That is, until you cooperate with the aerodynamics and allow the horsepower to be used successfully to it's best potential. Even then, the moto may not reach top speed possible due to atmosphere, weather (i.e. wind), and conditions. It will always reach it's best top speed at any given moment. You can de-restrict the electronics and fuel injection and still not see the machine at it's full potential. LSR's are always declared, in that, they give weather and all the other related conditions that allowed the machine that set the record to perform at that level.

Now are we all trying to break into the 200mph club
rock.gif
.... no, but we need to consider all effects to attain the best end result in the pursuit of best-usable HP, and top MPH.
super.gif

This confuses everyone, there are 2 things i can do with a gps

1. 1N23455 Mod for De-Restriction for those who don't like TRE's
2. Modify a gps to output ground signals to run things like gear indicators, boost controllers etc. When I do this i have to wire the sensor up like a TRE (Sends 5th gear signal back to the ECU all the time. Once you start grounding LEDs, relays, solenoids, etc through the sensor it messes up the signal and i have to hard wire a resistor (5th gear value 99.9% of the time) near the suzuki 3 pin connector under the tank. This makes it work like a standard TRE.

Zuki,

I think there is a misunderstanding on what you want vs what i can build. In order to make a gear indicator work they way i do them anway, i can't make your sensor output 1N23455 to the ECU, it has to be 5th gear all the time (your LED's will still come on like normal though).

let me know if this isn't going to work before I spend any more time building it and not what you are looking for.

Greg

Hey Greg,
hijack.gif
hijack.gif
hijack.gif
.....let's talk about that question I asked you.  What will a stock ECU do, imbedded with a stock fuel map, when we're pushing 180+ and the signal is 5 instead of 6 from the GPS
rock.gif
.....I'm still curious if I need to buy something to go with the Modded GPS you're gonna build me.......CAN'T WAIT by the way !!!
super.gif
GONNA BE AWESOME.....

Sent Johnnycheese an inquiry to see what his perspective is also.....

Curiousity is killing me....if the motor naturally richens up to accomodate the load in 6th at XXXmph, what will it do at 6th gear speeds while it thinks it's in 5th
rock.gif
??.......

Anyone.....anybody
rock.gif
?.......

hijack.gif

hijack.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

There are tons of LSR guys out there who run 200 + mph with 5th gear mapping, I think you will be okay. If you are really curious you could dyno the bike in 5th gear, then unplug the GPS sensor (makes the bikes ecu default to 6th gear) then do another pull and look for differences in A/F.

That's what I was thinkin'....
super.gif
...SpudleyBusa on a DYNO !!!!!!!!!!

At least I'll have a comparative to go on.....

Greg,

Installed my GPS tonight....THANK YOU....will put it through it's paces tomorrow.  BTW, talked to Johnny, and he gave me the straight on the fact that 5th and 6th share the map.  No further mods necessary.  Unless, of course, I find a spare 05' ECU...THEN, I'm going for the extended RPM fix.  

They've also, finally, hacked the process by which we can remap our own ecu's.  No more PC, no more anything.  Just a guy who mods your current ECU, and sends you the software by which to install new maps.  A couple guys over on bikeland.com have hacked both the Kawi, and Zuke ECU's !!!  Just awesome work.....

Back