Speedohealer settings?

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I put a new speedohealer V4(with top speed recall) on my 08/gen2 a couple days ago and I cannot get the correct setting.
I have 18/46 gearing, according to their website calculator I need it set at -11.4 . I did that, and it is entered correctly, but the speedometer is Wayyy too slow. It's reading 45mph at 75 to 80mph.
Does anyone know the correct +/- number for my year and gearing?
Thanks.:beerchug:

Where you lowered your gearing, the factory setting was probably pretty close to being spot on. Switch the healer over to B mode leaving it zeroed out and see how close it is.

Where you lowered your gearing, the factory setting was probably pretty close to being spot on. Switch the healer over to B mode leaving it zeroed out and see how close it is.

Nah, it was reading fast without the speedohealer. It has to be set to something. Where, I have no clue as their site recomendation is so far off.
I was told before that it needs to be 5.2, or 5.3, but I can't remember if that was + or - either.
Thanks though.

Lowering your gearing brings your speedo reading back to where it should be, you will need close to 0 with your gearing, or possible -1 or -2. Stock geared bikes start out around -9. I've played the game with +3 on the rear before.

Lowering your gearing brings your speedo reading back to where it should be, you will need close to 0 with your gearing, or possible -1 or -2. Stock geared bikes start out around -9. I've played the game with +3 on the rear before.

I'll play with it later when I can get someone to follow me with an accurate speedo.
I was just hoping someone knew exactly what it should be set to.
Thanks again.:beerchug:

I'll play with it later when I can get someone to follow me with an accurate speedo.
I was just hoping someone knew exactly what it should be set to.
Thanks again.:beerchug:

45 and actual speed of 75 is around 90% off. sure you dont have -114
Dont you have GPS on your phone to set it in? I used my phone to dial mine in.

45 and actual speed of 75 is around 90% off. sure you dont have -114
Dont you have GPS on your phone to set it in? I used my phone to dial mine in.

No gps in my phone, and I don't want to guess at where it should be set.
I'm actually kinda pissed right now. It is a straight forward install with simple instructions. I have triple checked it and set the speedohealer as it supposedly should be, and it's still no good.
My speedo was close without the speedohealer, but I wanted it to be correct.
Now it's so far off it's ridiculous. Maybe this one's a dud.
As much speedohealer hype that goes around the org I can't belive no one can confirm what to set it to for gen2 with 18/46 gearing.
I'm going to email Healtech and see what's going on.

Mine is pretty far off too. I'm running 17/43 on mine and it is showing I'm running 162 when I go through the traps at 143-144. Let us know what you find out from healtech please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is set at -11.4 Six and its pretty spot on. Mr8ball's i have set at 5.2 with his stock gearing(mine is +3) and we both have the same mpr reading side by side at 70mph

Mine is set at -11.4 Six and its pretty spot on. Mr8ball's i have set at 5.2 with his stock gearing(mine is +3) and we both have the same mpr reading side by side at 70mph

I got a response from Healtech this morning. They said to reset it, and it should be set to A-11.4 (where it is now).
They also said to make sure the ignition is on, yet mine won't power on if the ignition isn't on anyway. I did get the harness too, so it is hooked up right.
I'll give it one more try later today. If it doesn't work then I'm sending it back.
Thanks man.

Mine is pretty far off too. I'm running 17/43 on mine and it is showing I'm running 162 when I go through the traps at 143-144. Let us know what you find out from healtech please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do.
Their email is saying that my s.h. is set correctly where I have it too...:rofl:
There's no way yours should be so far off either.
I really think mine is bad.
One more try and then I'm sending mine back.

https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=18212

I bought the SpeedoDRD instead of the SH and have had no problems with it at all. Used it to a correct the factory setting, then changed it when I went 18/39 and will change it again this winter when I go to 19/39. Very small and easy to use, check it out if you send back your SH.

I will! I was sitting here trying to remember the name of that! Thank you sir.

is this a new gen model?

there usually super bits of kit but ive only used the v3&v4 model and never had any issues

SP,
I'm stock front and 45 rear and I'm set at -5.0 , I've has some on different bikes that just didn't jive according to settings suggested or same settings from another bike. So I would just have to grab a gps and go out and adjust as I went till it was right,set it, run it up to speed,compare to gps and then adjust if needed. I had one on a gen 1 I had to put well into a positive side setting to get to read right.

SP,
I'm stock front and 45 rear and I'm set at -5.0 , I've has some on different bikes that just didn't jive according to settings suggested or same settings from another bike. So I would just have to grab a gps and go out and adjust as I went till it was right,set it, run it up to speed,compare to gps and then adjust if needed. I had one on a gen 1 I had to put well into a positive side setting to get to read right.

Gen 1 or 2? Stock gen1 front is 17. I'm gen2 with a stock 18 front.
I'de have to borrow a gps and I really don't want to play hit and miss with this little p.o.s.
I'm really disgusted with it. Plug and play and program my a$$.
I'm going to give it one more try later today when I get time. If that doesn't work I'm returning it.
Thanks for the advice though.

Back