To Kanji or not Kanji, that is the question.

SS4Luck

Registered
I wish I could just throw a poll up:

My
Bikes coming apart this weekend for some more cosmetic/weight reduction/go fast upgrades. Carbon headlight. New bars. Longer swingarm. New seat. I’m also going to paint correct and ceramic coat everything while it’s apart and I’m thinking of removing the Kanji while I’m in there. I know it’s kind of iconic, but it’s the last sticker that’s on the bike. I look at it as a few options:

1) leave it as is
2) get a red vinyl to match and have some cut
3) get some black vinyl and have black Kanji
4) remove it and don’t look back.

I will now hear opinions

0E5FA487-969C-4119-9637-982BBCA5A7D6.jpeg

54226513-1D48-4A0D-B5CC-1E5AC129B91A.jpeg

F86E9041-562A-428D-8615-80DF3CCFE5A2.jpeg

My
Bikes coming apart this weekend for some more cosmetic/weight reduction/go fast upgrades. Carbon headlight. New bars. Longer swingarm. New seat. I’m also going to paint correct and ceramic coat everything while it’s apart and I’m thinking of removing the Kanji while I’m in there. I know it’s kind of iconic, but it’s the last sticker that’s on the bike. I look at it as a few options:

1) leave it as is

I will now hear opinions

View attachment 1665149

View attachment 1665150

View attachment 1665151
Hi. My bike will not have the Kanji but this on the sides

20221012_061120.jpg

I'd replicate the Gen3 Kanji in red............ but just an outline. I've thought about this often for mine.

Make sure to not apply decals over the ceramic, the decal adhesive may have stick well. I ceramic coated my bike after I replaced decals on mine. When I put the emblems on, I used IPA to remove the ceramic to make sure emblems would stick properly.

I was leaning toward a red Kanji myself so this definitly helps.

I think a red would look good. Is the red on the vents the same color as the rear trim?

Anything but that gray which has no contrast against the white. That is the fundamental problem. Puh, so called "marketing design" people...
The red I all the same. It’s stock Suzuki trim from a silver bike.
If anyone has info on this bike, new decals like that in red and black May just be the ticket.

I'd replicate the Gen3 Kanji in red............ but just an outline. I've thought about this often for mine.

Make sure to not apply decals over the ceramic, the decal adhesive may have stick well. I ceramic coated my bike after I replaced decals on mine. When I put the emblems on, I used IPA to remove the ceramic to make sure emblems would stick properly.
An outline would look good too...present but subtle.....

Debadged-no-kanji-Busa's do not look right imo.

If you remove the kanji put it back with something even more interesting, iconic, sexy

View attachment 1665159
I wanted to swap my red trim for the '23 blue trim, and even made a Photoshop sketch that I wasn't really feeling, but now that I see that actual photo showing matte silver with blue, I realize I don't really like the combination. You unknowingly helped me decide to stay with the red. :D

I wanted to swap my red trim for the '23 blue trim, and even made a Photoshop sketch that I wasn't really feeling, but now that I see that actual photo showing matte silver with blue, I realize I don't really like the combination. You unknowingly helped me decide to stay with the red. :D
I’ve got my stock matte blue trim if you want all matte and dark.

My

1) leave it as is

I will now hear opinions

View attachment 1665149

View attachment 1665150

View attachment 1665151
How much longer are you going?

How much longer are you going?
I ordered a 4-8 and plan to set it up at 6” or whatever length the links will allow me. 1st gear hits on my 2-3” current arm are still a little too nosy happy for me.

Plus it should give me the space I need for boost and wheelie control

I ordered a 4-8 and plan to set it up at 6” or whatever length the links will allow me. 1st gear hits on my 2-3” current arm are still a little too nosy happy for me.

Plus it should give me the space I need for boost and wheelie control
Same chromoly arm or aluminum?

So looking at all these pictures again I realize it’s the left hand side decal that makes me want to remove them. I can’t stand how it doesn’t flow with the body lines. Why the hell would Suzuki be that stupid.

Back