My 48 LED Kanji Mirrors

Great site and great customer care too. Can't beat it!
smile.gif

Nice job!
beerchug.gif

You used a heat gun??? I can see how that would make it a PITA to put back in!

IIRC, (stupid me didn't save the original how-to) the recommended method is to put the entire mirror ass'y in the oven @ 350 for about 6 mins? This will soften the plastic to make removal / installation of the mirror glass easier.

Yeah heat gun was a PITA to use, but worked. I almost stuck mine in my oven but wasn't sure what to set it at and how long so before I melted stuff in my new oven, figured I'd just go the heatgun route.

Yep, bike's in the house... Oh so nice to work on it in the A/C! Plus I have a no wife to fuss.
beerchug.gif

(thepushercg @ Apr. 21 2007,20:49) InfiniteReality i went ahead today and tried this, i found it to be easy just time consuming.
i used a small oven set the temp at 325 put the mirror in for about 4/5 minutes, took a couple of thin flex knifes, poped the mirrors out. installed the leds, wiring placed back in the oven for about 4 minutes the glass poped back in.
sandblasting the kanjis was easy with your ideal. thanks for the post on this,now i can say i know how to do this mod..
Glad it worked out. I wished I'd used the oven method, just wasn't sure what to set the temp at and for how long. What color did you go with? Got any pics??

No, the xacto is to cut the vinyl sticker. Trace the Kanji onto the sticker and then cut it out. Apply the sticker to the back of the mirror - it will mask the entire 'mirror plating' except the kanji. Then sandblast the kanji cutout - the sticker is protecting the rest of the 'mirror plating' from getting blasted.

Back