LED Mirror Mod... Wheres the link ?

KevLar

Registered
A while back when I first registered on this forum there was a link to a mirror mod for the 'Busa.  The person had cut out the Kanji logo from the inside surface of the mirror and put red LEDs wired to either his brakes or turn indicators (?) as can be seen in the attached pic.
The link is now dead and I can't find anything on it
sad.gif

-->
I've got a couple of "spare" mirrors with slightly scratched housings thanks to a few idiots who backed into my bike over the years and I want to play around with them, but so far I can't figure out how to remove the mirror piece from the housing.
Has anyone done this mod ?  I'm not worried about the LED electrical stuff which is pretty straight forward, just unsure how to go about getting the mirror out, and also how to cleanly remove the "mirrored" surface from the inside of mirror piece so the LEDs shine through.
Thanks for any help
smile.gif

KeVlar

MirrorKanji2_RazoRRBlade_hayabusa_org_375.jpg

Not a good question on this particular board at this particular time,Pm heavybusa or pusher....They will steer you in the right direction.
super.gif

Thanks for the help NJ, it helps to have eyes on both boards.

<a href="http://www.extremebusa.com/extreme/showthread.php?t=1464" target="_blank">
Yo Kevlar if you want to swing by ExtremeBusa click this link to get all the info on the Mirror Mod.
super.gif
</a>

Feel free to PM me on either board if you need anything.
beerchug.gif

Huh.......I actually had a thread on here about my 24 LED Mirrors I did like that myself and how I got the mirror out. It was on here for a while, but apparently pissed someone off because it's gone now and I wasn't even selling them!!

(InfiniteReality @ Jun. 07 2007,12:46) Huh.......I actually had a thread on here about my 24 LED Mirrors I did like that myself and how I got the mirror out. It was on here for a while, but apparently pissed someone off because it's gone now and I wasn't even selling them!!
We should chat.

Infinite Reality - there is some background there that I will explain to you if you are interested...

Back