I think I’m screwed!

Remember not everyone here is a welder & aluminium is not for your average welder. Usually a pipe fitter, metal sales/ fab place, any welding shop has a guy & that is all they weld or every other welder recognizes a single welder is the best at aluminum. There are different levels of welders also. Yes tig welding we are talking about & there are tricks that allow one to weld further inside by cutting or grinding a V at joint then welding from further inside out building upon welds as you go. Lots of time not cheap but c10 did correctly point out a steal mount could be made to do same job for cheaper & would just be a heavier part that bolts on after damaged mount is ground flat. I don't know everything but am a welder just go up & talk to the guy wearing the craziest welding hat colors that look silly means he is the most confident. You have a couple options is all.

I also weld the V groove as stated is the way as stated. Keeping everything straight is a concern. V groove one side 1/2 way through, fully weld other half top,bottom, and side to hold straight while while welding groove. Then other side can be ground out and welded. Hot metal in a v groove pulls hard as it cools. A good weld is stronger than the parent metal, but care has to be taken not to damage the parent metal on either side of the weld. Yes it can be tricky

6 pages in and no wise guy is yet to mention jb weld? :thumbsup: jk
I would go along with most suggestions I've read so far...put back to stock, take it to the dealer and be honest what happened and see if they can help at all. Probably cant. Next search the internet far and wide and try to locate a clean gen 2 frame and title until all search is exhausted. If you have some time and patience, mechanical ability, buddies with mechanical ability, tools, clear spot to work....swapping frames would probably be better for value of the bike in the long run. You will have to be honest with the next owner either way. He/she will surely feel alot better about a frame replaced vs welded on.
If u dont care about the value or plan on keeping it forever...take it to the best of the best welder and have them fix it and contunue on. Theres good welders out there that kno what their doing that will fix that.

Update for all.... I spoke with the dealer and regional rep (last year when this happened). I was upfront about everything. I didn't hide that I was working on it or modifying for an extended swingarm. They were straight with me and good to work with.

The regional rep looked it over in-person long and hard and stated it was a mfg defect. When he said that, I didn't ask too many questions and I was eager to hear the next steps.

He said he's seen this happen once or twice before but definitely not often. He gave me a brand new scoot and had this one shipped to California for further research/assessment. This all happened last year, I just have been working so much I haven't been on the org recently.

Been loving the new scoot and having a blast. It's one of a kind and I can't go for a ride without getting thumbs up/complements.

I enjoy working on them as much as I do riding. Unfortunately I'm thinking about selling her and taking a break for a bit. I've been working so much I don't have time to ride and it's been taking away from the family time. So thinking hard about listing her for sale.

Right Side.jpg

Left Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Swingarm Right.jpg

Right Rear.jpg

Back