Gen 2 side fairing

Panhead35

Registered
Hi there. I’ve only just picked up my 2016 gen 2 and it’s a beauty, can’t wait until the weather improves so I can take it out.
While it’s in the garage I’m going to get a few scuffs repaired on the side fairing. I don’t have a manual for it yet and I’m heavy handed.
Apart from the silver bolts holding the fairing on, are there any other clips that I need to be aware of and un do before I can remove it?
Thanks

Hi there. I’ve only just picked up my 2016 gen 2 and it’s a beauty, can’t wait until the weather improves so I can take it out.
While it’s in the garage I’m going to get a few scuffs repaired on the side fairing. I don’t have a manual for it yet and I’m heavy handed.
Apart from the silver bolts holding the fairing on, are there any other clips that I need to be aware of and un do before I can remove it?
Thanks
You will get lots of practice removing at least the right side panel as this is necessary to do an oil filter change....

Some say they can do this change without removing the side panel by prying it out but I always err on the side of caution because with the luck I have, something would snap if I did that....

Basically on the side panels, start at the very bottom underneath the bike with the push pins and move to the front behind the front tire and remove those push pins then use the allen keys to take off the bolts on the side and top of the panel. It lifts off and rotates slightly to the front to disengage the nose cone...gentle hands is a good piece of advice...heavy hands cause things to break.

Back