Finally purchased a new gen

@Hauie, I was looking for some pets for another member and took some pics of the levers. They are black with gold adjusters and the clutch side shows a little fade on the finish from normal use. These are a little over $200 new, Just message me if you want them.
B27BF65A-7E85-40C3-9848-DA62AB4B8CBB.jpeg

BCFC0BF2-0DF7-4DCE-A838-C22787806B83.jpeg

Oh crap, I'm still fairly new to this format but thats amazing. I guess I'll be talking to Boosted Cycle about that map and switch
This is a great idea! I have wondered if the 2017 ABS power could be switched too.

@Hauie, I was looking for some pets for another member and took some pics of the levers. They are black with gold adjusters and the clutch side shows a little fade on the finish from normal use. These are a little over $200 new, Just message me if you want them.View attachment 1586871
View attachment 1586872

Sorry, I've been busy recently. I'm still thinking about them because my bike's scheme is dark satin gray/red once I wrap it, and I feel like the gold might put it out of place. But on a related topic, how are those compared to stock? And why did you swap them out?

Also - did you use helibars on your hayabusa? I'm thinking about running those, but not sure if I have to run new lines.

Sorry, I've been busy recently. I'm still thinking about them because my bike's scheme is dark satin gray/red once I wrap it, and I feel like the gold might put it out of place. But on a related topic, how are those compared to stock? And why did you swap them out?

Also - did you use helibars on your hayabusa? I'm thinking about running those, but not sure if I have to run new lines.
Took them off when I switched to brembo master MCs. I would think adjuster could be bought from Pazzo Racing in any color dirt cheap, but never tried ordering them myself. I ran helibars, then added a top clamp spacer, but I had already insralled longer lines with my brembos, in anticipation to modding the handlebars. Helibars fit without changing lines and even some top clamp spacers combined with the helibars fit. I have a 3/4 inch spacer and lowering links listed for sale in the classified, if you want to get a spacer and helibars combo

Took them off when I switched to brembo master MCs. I would think adjuster could be bought from Pazzo Racing in any color dirt cheap, but never tried ordering them myself. I ran helibars, then added a top clamp spacer, but I had already insralled longer lines with my brembos, in anticipation to modding the handlebars. Helibars fit without changing lines and even some top clamp spacers combined with the helibars fit. I have a 3/4 inch spacer and lowering links listed for sale in the classified, if you want to get a spacer and helibars combo

I'm thinking about it, although, I still don't understand the full purpose of it.
Are they for guys that are really tall and need both the lowered pegs and raised bars? Or short guys to help them reach the bar?

I'm thinking about it, although, I still don't understand the full purpose of it.
Are they for guys that are really tall and need both the lowered pegs and raised bars? Or short guys to help them reach the bar?
You sit more upright, since the bars are higher and angled differently.

You sit more upright, since the bars are higher and angled differently.

Oh, so it has nothing to do with arm reach and height? Hmm I have to do more research. I might have to drive by the dealership and see if they had a busa with raised + heli bars to see if I like the position. Being small/short allows me to easily tuck under the windshield, not sure if raising my stance would help or hurt.

Oh, so it has nothing to do with arm reach and height? Hmm I have to do more research. I might have to drive by the dealership and see if they had a busa with raised + heli bars to see if I like the position. Being small/short allows me to easily tuck under the windshield, not sure if raising my stance would help or hurt.

I lowered my pegs due to having a bad knee from a crash years ago. I’d already ridden nearly 60,000 miles though. They are much better for my knee but my boot gets kicked up in the twisties if I’m not careful but it’s really not a problem. I have a 37” sleeve so the reach to the bars has never been an issue but I put on helibars recently to ease my neck stretching as I ride in the mountains. Although I can’t really feel any difference in my riding position, I do think my neck feels better after a ride. I’m also older than dirt and with age, comes other related issues with joints and muscles.

The ends of the Heli-Bars are higher than stock bars, that's what causes a different angle.
Sit on your bike, make both fists like you're holding the grips, and let the bottoms of your fists touch the tops of the grips. If you find that more comfortable, then you'll like risers, and/or Heli-bars.
If you do buy either and don't like them, they are parts that are easily resold, and with little to no loss on what you paid.

Back