Finally purchased a new gen

These arrived today, I’ve never installed these LEDs before, but first time for everything.

image.jpg

These arrived today, I’ve never installed these LEDs before, but first time for everything.

View attachment 1586312
Wow! You sure found some fancy projectors to use. As for the aftermarket air filter, I installed a K&N one on my bike and my silicon content (dirt in oil) went up on the oil lab results I was running every 5k miles. Not sure if I messed up on the oiling instructions or the aftermarket filters simply allow more air, but also contaminants in. I ended up going back to stock.

Wow! You sure found some fancy projectors to use. As for the aftermarket air filter, I installed a K&N one on my bike and my silicon content (dirt in oil) went up on the oil lab results I was running every 5k miles. Not sure if I messed up on the oiling instructions or the aftermarket filters simply allow more air, but also contaminants in. I ended up going back to stock.

Yeah, frank said not to go K&N and just go with bmc. So I listened lol. He said it’s the best one.

I run the stock air filter because it’s ridden in all weathers and traffic conditions (and) I want to keep the bike for years. I believe it filters better than aftermarket race filters. Based on years of experience using K&N air filters on my CBXs (171,000+) miles and on my supercharged Caddy which just turned over 100,000 miles, I have nothing bad to say about them.

I run the stock air filter because it’s ridden in all weathers and traffic conditions (and) I want to keep the bike for years. I believe it filters better than aftermarket race filters. Based on years of experience using K&N air filters on my CBXs (171,000+) miles and on my supercharged Caddy which just turned over 100,000 miles, I have nothing bad to say about them.

The KN filter for my car is actually horrible. Most of my parts are AMS and I’m making 600WHP+. It just depends on the platform. The KN for my Honda was amazing, so was takeda.

Wish I would have found this thread before I ordered a K&N filter. I have used them in almost every car or SUV I owned. Never has any issues.

Never would have thought it would be different with a motorcycle.

I've never owned a high performance vehicle or "tuned" vehicle.

Wish I would have found this thread before I ordered a K&N filter. I have used them in almost every car or SUV I owned. Never has any issues.

Never would have thought it would be different with a motorcycle.

I've never owned a high performance vehicle or "tuned" vehicle.
I've used K&N in almost all my motorcycles since the 80s with no issues. Everyone has their preferences of course. We had a rep from K&N visit us in the sand-box as most of our vehicles used these filters even though the sand was like talcum powder, we had no issues at all with the filters.

I trust them.

Great !! I was just searching for issuing K&N in motorcycles, now I don't have to worry.

Just make sure to follow the cleaning and re-oiling procedures properly and don't worry if they get dirty, the rep said they filter well when dirty.

I have K&N air filter in my truck and all my bikes with no problems sleeping at night.

When I ordered the K&N for the Busa, I ordered two. So when filter does need cleaning I can pop it out and replace with other that has been properly cleaned and "re-oiled & colored."

Then I can take my time cleaning, "re-oiling & coloring" and drying the soiled filter.

When I ordered the K&N for the Busa, I ordered two. So when filter does need cleaning I can pop it out and replace with other that has been properly cleaned and "re-oiled & colored."

Then I can take my time cleaning, "re-oiling & coloring" and drying the soiled filter.
That's smart. I just pick a day for maintenance but your idea is much better.

Make sure to get the order correctly, it’s clean, dry, oil, not clean re-oil & color? and then dry.:laugh:

May I ask members that have owned both, a Gen I & Gen II, to give thoughts on difference.

I couldn't find a thread on topic, maybe this is the right thread.

How is it “horrible”?

For my Q60 redsport, the after market intakes have to be a certain way for the car to actually gain power without compromising safety since it comes twin turbo’d already. Especially if I’m tuning it for 21+ PSI maps on pump gas, that’s why stillen and KN filters for that car sucks. They don’t make good filters for certain platforms.

I experienced the same for my corvette and g37S when I had it. I just stuck to CZP, HKS, Z1 and AMS since then. Speaking of cars, once my bike is off stand, I can finally install new parts on the car and retune it on the dyno for 650+ WHP. those parts came in last week and I have too many projects going on atm.

image.jpg

Back