Finally purchased a new gen

Hauie

Bought my 2018 hayabusa last Thursday, and I’m looking to get mods for the bike.

So far, I’ve purchased
- Yoshimura r77 slip ons (I actually like my neighbor and I don’t want an exhaust that’s overly loud, it’s more for the weight reduction)
- Puig Z racing wind screen
- Some ram mounts

Mods on my buy list:
- Pit bull stand
- HID projector conversion headlight kit or full replacement
- USB charger
- MAYBE some light mods after I wrap the bike dark satin gray to match my car

If you guys have any other must have mods, please let me know.
50DB0E05-54A7-4BC2-AB63-CF6D02B4ED99.jpeg

Hi there Hauie , welcome to the Org. mate . Great pic of your tasty vehicles , they look like a great ride / drive combination !!
Well your off to a good start in regards to your mods , your Busa is sure getting some great enhancements , and I'm sure the good Org people will help you add to your mod tally . Look forward to more future pics and posts of your Busa , stay safe and take care mate .
Toad

Bought my 2018 hayabusa last Thursday, and I’m looking to get mods for the bike.

So far, I’ve purchased
- Yoshimura r77 slip ons (I actually like my neighbor and I don’t want an exhaust that’s overly loud, it’s more for the weight reduction)
- Puig Z racing wind screen
- Some ram mounts

Mods on my buy list:
- Pit bull stand
- HID projector conversion headlight kit or full replacement
- USB charger
- MAYBE some light mods after I wrap the bike dark satin gray to match my car

If you guys have any other must have mods, please let me know. View attachment 1585309
Nice rides sir! Welcome to the forum. As for HIDs, I tried them and ended up doing a projector retro fit. Do some reading on the forum, so that you can make an informed decision. You’ll see that several have had issues with gauges resetting when the ballasts on the HiD systems come on.

Nice rides sir! Welcome to the forum. As for HIDs, I tried them and ended up doing a projector retro fit. Do some reading on the forum, so that you can make an informed decision. You’ll see that several have had issues with gauges resetting when the ballasts on the HiD systems come on.

That's what I figured, I didn't want HIDs without the projector retrofit because all it'd do is just bleed bright lights all over, blinding everyone on the road and not really giving me much vision.

I saw some complete kits for around 500$ price range where they just send you an entirely new harness/light assembly. I was just trying to see if shops are doing retrofits yet. But thats one of the biggest upgrades for these bikes, kinda bad on suzuki's part to not have projectors for low beams.

Also if anyone can confirm if setting your sag for your suspension super important for street/highway riding? I have already broken in the bike, and pushed it past 180 mph. I'm 160-190 lbs depending on if I'm bulking or shredding. Probably 165 with gear on average.

I've never set the sag on mine. I average about the same as you weight wise and never had a problem.

There is a company here in Atlanta called The Retrofit Source and they may do the projector install for you. They also sell the full projector kits.

As for the Infiniti....more info. :thumbsup:

Also if anyone can confirm if setting your sag for your suspension super important for street/highway riding? I have already broken in the bike, and pushed it past 180 mph. I'm 160-190 lbs depending on if I'm bulking or shredding. Probably 165 with gear on average.
You could look for the really good suspension setting thread on the forum. I believe it was titled “jinkster attack suspension” or something like that. At least you won’t have to get heavier springs at your weight.

That's what I figured, I didn't want HIDs without the projector retrofit because all it'd do is just bleed bright lights all over, blinding everyone on the road and not really giving me much vision.

I saw some complete kits for around 500$ price range where they just send you an entirely new harness/light assembly. I was just trying to see if shops are doing retrofits yet. But thats one of the biggest upgrades for these bikes, kinda bad on suzuki's part to not have projectors for low beams.
I bought a DIY kit from the retrofit source for around $300 and went to work. A couple of other members have done retrofits too and is pretty scary when you start cutting the shroud and brackets inside to get them to fit. I now have 2 low beams and Teo high beams. My only complaint is that you have a sharp horizontally cut off line when using low beam only, so imagine what that line does when you lean her into a curve at night...! I believe the kit I bought came with the mini h1 projectors.

I bought a DIY kit from the retrofit source for around $300 and went to work. A couple of other members have done retrofits too and is pretty scary when you start cutting the shroud and brackets inside to get them to fit. I now have 2 low beams and Teo high beams. My only complaint is that you have a sharp horizontally cut off line when using low beam only, so imagine what that line does when you lean her into a curve at night...! I believe the kit I bought came with the mini h1 projectors.

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of too, and coming from a 650 and 1000, I do take her into corners at higher speed. Should I just buy that 500$ kit already assembled and just replace? Seems like it’s worth it for all the hassle avoided. I just never found anyone that actually bought one so I can get reviews/feedbacks on it.

I've never set the sag on mine. I average about the same as you weight wise and never had a problem.

There is a company here in Atlanta called The Retrofit Source and they may do the projector install for you. They also sell the full projector kits.

As for the Infiniti....more info. :thumbsup:

Its an 18 Q60RS. FBO with:
Z1 HKS BOV and upgraded lines
AMS intake
AMS HE
CZP CBE with AMS 3” downpipes
Upgraded twin turbos from AMS
CF drive shaft upgrade
AMS red alpha tune

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of too, and coming from a 650 and 1000, I do take her into corners at higher speed. Should I just buy that 500$ kit already assembled and just replace? Seems like it’s worth it for all the hassle avoided. I just never found anyone that actually bought one so I can get reviews/feedbacks on it.
$500 is not bad when you price parts, a headlight assembly and labor. I have more time than money, so I just butcher my OEM headlight and did the conversion on it, but $500 is not a bad deal, especially if you sell your stock unit to recoup some of your money.

$500 is not bad when you price parts, a headlight assembly and labor. I have more time than money, so I just butcher my OEM headlight and did the conversion on it, but $500 is not a bad deal, especially if you sell your stock unit to recoup some of your money.

You’re completely right, I found these while researching https://www.xdcycle.com/motorcycle-headlights/hayabusa-projector-headlight-08-16.html

Although, I planned on just wrapping up my OEMs and just putting it in the attic because I have a habit of keeping all OE parts in case I do sell my cars or bike. I’m just not sure how reliable this assembly is because it’s hard to find reviews.

It’s also a little loud for my tastes. I’ve moved passed the gaudy halos, honestly if the busa light wasn’t in a single cover and split between both sides, like the zx, it’d look good with halos.

Last edited:
You’re completely right, I found these while researching https://www.xdcycle.com/motorcycle-headlights/hayabusa-projector-headlight-08-16.html

Although, I planned on just wrapping up my OEMs and just putting it in the attic because I have a habit of keeping all OE parts in case I do sell my cars or bike. I’m just not sure how reliable this assembly is because it’s hard to find reviews.
I’m sure you could ask them to build it without all the extra “show bike” lighting and just make you a functional headlight, but like you said, without reviews you will be our Guinea pig. :lol:

Back