Thoughts on cruisers??

Road King Special or Indian Chief Dark Horse. Gonna add one to the stable.

Do you plan on keeping remotely stock or tinkering with it???

Indian dealer near you???

I like what Indian is doing but the support and aftermarket products just aren’t there for me yet to consider one. Probably 6 HD dealerships within an hours ride from me. Some shops are even open on Sundays. I tour on my Roadglide so having a dealership in basically every major city was a factor in me choosing HD.

I also like to mod and customize and Indian still has a ways to go in that department.

Either way Indian and H-D are running specials right now on their bikes so now would be a good time to pull the trigger :beerchug:

Do you plan on keeping remotely stock or tinkering with it???

Indian dealer near you???

I like what Indian is doing but the support and aftermarket products just aren’t there for me yet to consider one. Probably 6 HD dealerships within an hours ride from me. Some shops are even open on Sundays. I tour on my Roadglide so having a dealership in basically every major city was a factor in me choosing HD.

I also like to mod and customize and Indian still has a ways to go in that department.

Either way Indian and H-D are running specials right now on their bikes so now would be a good time to pull the trigger :beerchug:

Just a few aftermarket parts. Theres only one Indian dealer near me with a couple others that carry them. Never owned either but I'm leaning more towards the road king but I like to be different. 9.5 out of 10 guys I know tell me to go with Harley and for no real reason hate Indian lol.
I did see the specials they're both running though. Looks like Harley started running some specials of their own after Indian were running theres.

Just a few aftermarket parts. Theres only one Indian dealer near me with a couple others that carry them. Never owned either but I'm leaning more towards the road king but I like to be different. 9.5 out of 10 guys I know tell me to go with Harley and for no real reason hate Indian lol.
I did see the specials they're both running though. Looks like Harley started running some specials of their own after Indian were running theres.

Yeah no hate on Indians from me bikes look decent and has some cool features. My thing is Harley has the dealer network and aftermarket support from all the big brands/companies. So down the road if Polaris grows the Indian brand more I might consider 1. I just think if you plan on touring or really customizing your bike Harley is the way 2 go right now

Hi. I have a 2019 Indian Road Master for sale 508-496-5680

Rode up to Erie for Roar on the Shore motorcycle rally. Got my Roadglide equipped with Pro-Action Suspension’s new line of performance rear shocks.

Now my Bagger has Piggybacks :firing:
EC6FD75F-5135-44B3-BFEB-978D32C23E2C.jpeg

AAC0A3C4-B8FC-451D-A58D-AF228B19582E.jpeg

72D8E375-BF74-49C0-AAA9-AD032466AA44.jpeg

You pick up the Road King?
Love mine

I bought a Yamaha warrior this spring and love it. I don’t like cause of the price and maintenance. I would buy a jap cruiser before buying a Harley. This thing takes a beating and keeps going strong. Runs good for a stock bike minus the gutted pipes.

A5F143D8-28EA-42AA-94AF-84C0014AD66F.png

AF01098F-8A8E-4C51-B1F2-8DBA94247F29.png

Last edited:
I read recently that Indian is coming out with a 122 hp water cooled four valve V Twin. Problem is, it’s going into a bike, like all the monster cruisers, that weighs near 900 pounds before you sit on it or pack it for a tour. I sat on a full dress Indian and it was like sitting in the middle of a Cadillac w/o a roof or doors. HUGE bike.

I bought a Yamaha warrior this spring and love it. I don’t like cause of the price and maintenance. I would buy a jap cruiser before buying a Harley. This thing takes a beating and keeps going strong. Runs good for a stock bike minus the gutted pipes.

Bought my 2015 Harley Roadglide Special for basically the same price as a Ducati Multistrada, BMW GS1200, Honda Goldwing etc.

Competed in a 24 hour Rally back in July. Clocked almost 1,300 miles and 26 checkpoints in 24!hours time not including the ride there and back. Only shut my bike off to get gas and piss a couple times. Don’t have a ton of miles on it because I only ride it when I go on trips and such. But I have over 20,000 miles and several 1,000 mile day rides and probably a dozen or more 500 mile day trips. I’ve had it in for repairs ZERO times and I’ve never been stranded on the side of the road........

Not really sure how much more reliable you can get than that???

I read recently that Indian is coming out with a 122 hp water cooled four valve V Twin. Problem is, it’s going into a bike, like all the monster cruisers, that weighs near 900 pounds before you sit on it or pack it for a tour. I sat on a full dress Indian and it was like sitting in the middle of a Cadillac w/o a roof or doors. HUGE bike.

I’ve test ridden an Indian Bagger before. It’s not any more or less than a Harley Bagger. Don’t know your stature but the touring bikes have never been an issue it’s the Honda Africa’s and Ktm’s with the massive skyscraper seat heights that give me trouble and I’m damn near 6ft tall!?!?

Bought my 2015 Harley Roadglide Special for basically the same price as a Ducati Multistrada, BMW GS1200, Honda Goldwing etc.

Competed in a 24 hour Rally back in July. Clocked almost 1,300 miles and 26 checkpoints in 24!hours time not including the ride there and back. Only shut my bike off to get gas and piss a couple times. Don’t have a ton of miles on it because I only ride it when I go on trips and such. But I have over 20,000 miles and several 1,000 mile day rides and probably a dozen or more 500 mile day trips. I’ve had it in for repairs ZERO times and I’ve never been stranded on the side of the road........

Not really sure how much more reliable you can get than that???
They definitely aren't the same bikes of even 20 yrs ago. I know many people who have lots of kms on their HD bikes with no more issues than any other bike.

When HD bikes were unreliable, many other brands were as well...I've been left on the side of the road on my Yamaha once and almost a couple times on my older Suzukis (I was able to cobble them together to get me home).

I’ve test ridden an Indian Bagger before. It’s not any more or less than a Harley Bagger. Don’t know your stature but the touring bikes have never been an issue it’s the Honda Africa’s and Ktm’s with the massive skyscraper seat heights that give me trouble and I’m damn near 6ft tall!?!?

More or less? Than a half ton? :laugh: Even those that weigh 700-750+ are just too heavy to suit me. They would have to be a certified rocket at that weight to get me interested. Even Arch’s BMW had to be ‘uncorked’ to get the full benefit of that bike as nice as it is from the factory. Hayabusas are around a quarter of a ton. I know what you mean about those super tall bikes. I’m about 6’1” and 240 so my weight lowers their seat a bit and I can touch down with both feet but they’re too tall for my comfort level, especially off road. I have to get all Bruce Lee with a high kick just to get my leg over!:eek::laugh: Here’s some Indian info, even has hydraulic lifters!:firing:

My 3000 mile Harley Fatboy had an oil leak from the oil cooler. At 4500 miles it developed a handlebar shake where I had to replace the bushings. It got SO hot at red lights that I wanted to just jump off and stand far away from it. I went to a Jap cruiser... still love the look of the Harley but I feel like I jumped forward 20 years. The Harley was a 2011, the Jap cruiser is a 14.

More or less? Than a half ton? :laugh: Even those that weigh 700-750+ are just too heavy to suit me. They would have to be a certified rocket at that weight to get me interested. Even Arch’s BMW had to be ‘uncorked’ to get the full benefit of that bike as nice as it is from the factory. Hayabusas are around a quarter of a ton. I know what you mean about those super tall bikes. I’m about 6’1” and 240 so my weight lowers their seat a bit and I can touch down with both feet but they’re too tall for my comfort level, especially off road. I have to get all Bruce Lee with a high kick just to get my leg over!:eek::laugh: Here’s some Indian info, even has hydraulic lifters!:firing:

The weight of these bikes really don’t matter once you get moving. I actually like the weight when I’m touring. I feel planted on the highway and don’t get blown around nearly as much like my lighter bikes. The only issue I see is if you are trying to back out of a parking spot on an incline. But the remedy for that is to just back in when you park so you can ride out. Other issue is if you drop it I can see how the weight could pose an issue to some having to pick it back up.

But on the flip side I’ve seen instructional videos where a 5”3 135lb woman picks up a full dresser off its side. Just gotta know the proper technique to do so

Back