riding with cruisers

busa854

Donating Member
Registered
I went for a ride with some friends from work last saturday. All were on cruisers except me of course on an 05 busa. We rode about 2 hours to meet a friend of mine from out of state who rides an 04 busa. After some slow riding with the cruisers it was time for me and my buddy to open them up a little bit. We raced on a few straight stretches up to an indicated 185 on my speedo. The other riders were amazed out how quickly we became specs in the distance. Anyway my point is this; yesterday one of the guys bought a new r6 and one is getting a cbr 600 tomorrow. I think the busas made a good impression.

cool.gif

I ride with cruisers a lot. Particularly my wife.

Here's an undeniable fact:

The Harley guys that I've ridden with know the Busa, know what it can do, and give it considerable respect.

They're not going to be converted, and neither am I, but that doesn't mean we can't put some miles down together! Besides, it's a far more relaxing experience than riding with a wolfpack where folks are constantly upping the speed ante and taking silly risks... I honestly don't feel that at 35 I have anything to prove.

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123250298 -->

The Harley guys that I've ridden with know the Busa, know what it can do, and give it considerable respect.

They're not going to be converted, and neither am I, but that doesn't mean we can't put some miles down together! Besides, it's a far more relaxing experience than riding with a wolfpack where folks are constantly upping the speed ante and taking silly risks... I honestly don't feel that at 35 I have anything to prove.
Well put, Pacer. I ride with "wolves" quite a bit myself. The occasional easy ride is nice and is a good reminder of how versatile the Busa is
smile.gif

+1

I like to ride fast occasionally (on my own) but I also like to cruise with the wife on the back and/or with a group of friends. I'm just not interested in competing with other sports bikes on the street, it leads to dumb mistakes.

Haha. I remember going for a ride with my uncle on his HD Fatboy and me on my 05 busa... When his speedo was indicating 100-105mph, I downshifted and took off. He was amazed! He later told me that he felt as if he had shifted into reverse
laugh.gif

I ride with several cruisers, one of which is my wife's, and am always amazed and irritated by how slow they are, even in normal everyday riding conditions. I try not to rag on 'em too much, but tire of hearing about S&S this, Revtech that, etc. To each his own I guess, but my take on it is WHY? Why go to that effort & expense just to wind up with a slow, ill-handling noisemaker? Oh yeah, I almost forgot. They look cool. If you're in to retro, that is. Not trying to steal anyone's thunder, guess I'm just hopelessly addicted to sport bikes & sport tourers.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123286808 -->

Back