cruisers

superbusaman

Registered
some may remember my post of wanting to sell my busa and get a m109. well iam still wanting to sell the busa, but i cant believe how sucky power is on cruisers. i got to ride a m109 today, my thoughts: hated it. clunky, not smooth, power wasnt there even though i didnt ride long b/c i just thought it sucked, was going about 30 downshifted and made the back tire lock up for a sec. now i know why some people mess up the tranny, u have to make sure to pull hard or push down hard on every shift. still a cool looking bike though lol. so then after that i have a friend that has a boulevard 90, nice looking little too old for me i think. but its comfy, and again no power. and iam not comparing the power to a busa, iam comparing it to my 02 fz1, so anyways iam just disappointed.
rant.gif

can't really get in a hurry on a cruiser,not even worth trying.for a cruiser the 109 is a beast.nothing compared to a fz1,had an 05.as far as the back tire locking up on a downshift,if you downshift into 1st too soon with a driveshaft bike,it will lock up.just something to get use too.my vtx will do the same thing if into 1st too soon and off the throttle.
if it's a v-twin cruiser,I call them v-turds.

You know I rode nothing but Harleys until I bought my
Busa. And I will tell you this much, if you expect to have
even close to the power and pull of the busa from a cruiser
(no matter what kind) think again. You are compairing apples to
grapes. Cruisers are just that CRUISERS. If I ride my softail after the Busa I feel like I'm on grandpa's motorcycle........ What I'm trying to say
is there is no comparison between the two types of bikes.....
Good luck though......

IMG_0008.JPG

Nope, cruisers for the most part are still just V-Twins.  They have torque, hence the rear wheel locking on a downshift, but you get used to that, but not alot of power.  I love my Roadstar, 1700cc's of comfort and everything I want from a cruiser...........but it is, and never will be something to compare to the Busa.

I myself am in a different boat where I'm thinking of selling the Busa because I ENJOY the rides on the cruiser with the wife far more than I do the solo blasts on the Busa.  I love the raw speed and power and adrenaline rush you get from a twist of the throttle on the Busa............but I much more enjoy the weekend rides, and evening trips for ice-cream the wife and I share on the Star.

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

I rode my buds M-109 last weekend . Also not what I expected. Wont be going that route if i buy a cruiser. The Roadstar is my favorite cruiser. Much more comfortable and suits my needs better. For distance touring I can totally get into the Roadstar. The 109 just didnt  have the comfort Im looking for. Not Bashing, just not for me. However I would trade with my bud for a few miles from time to time just for something different. I still love my Busa and will not trade for any cruiser. Must talk the wife into buying a 2nd though.  
wink.gif

1700 or 1800 cc V-twin is nothing to compare to a 1300 cc inline 4... remember its not always about the cc's... its about the cylinders... we have small car engines in our motorcycles... my busa has more HP than my car does...

I just got a cruiser to do that. Cruise around and use it to go to work. Had a V-star 650. Not smooth on the highway. Jerked around quite a bit and the engine just sounds like its winding out and has nothing left. This is at highway speeds. 65mph - 75mph. Not a bad bike but for the money there is better.

What's better at the entry level price. I just got my hands on a Suzuki C50. Same price if not lower and smooth on the highway. Gear shifting is solid. Almost too solid, can't get it into neutral as quick and easy. It has so much more than the V-Star. And still less expensive than the V-star.

It handles extemely well, I was a bit surprised. And it is comfortable. No high speed runs with this but it will tool you around the city and back and forth to work or just cruisen about.

Didn't want to spend a lot of money on a cruiser so this fit the bill. Removed the baffles and it sounds great. It does feel extremely different when hopping on this from a sportbike and vice versa. I almost forgot how to ride my sportbikes had to take it easy for a bit.

The M109 is the muscle or sport cruiser, check out the C109. It's more of a classic cruiser. Big thick meaty lookin.
race.gif

testspikepissing031.jpg
Have you guys ever even seen one of these Or road anything with 156 FTLbs at 2000 RPM????Busas are a rush at 160mph ,this is a rush at 20 mph....

My God that thing is huge looking - I don't think I've ever seen one before. Almost reminds me of a BossHoss it's so big.

Very cool bike!
bowdown.gif

That IS a bad ass lookin' bike!

I hear what you're saying about being disappointed with the power of a cruiser. Even, the "fast" ones are nothing compared to a 'busa. I listened to people rant and rave about how brutally fast these V-Maxes were and how they could "hang with" most sportbikes so I figured I'd give one a try. Don't get me wrong, it is fast and a blast to ride, I romped on it yesterday pulling out of my complex, shifted to second and smoked the tire for about 50ft but it's no 'busa. I like it though, I'm gonna keep it just because it reminds me of my old dirtbikes.
tounge.gif

Meh. I came here from a VTX 1800 which from what I know will still stomp or hang with any cruiser out there (at least the last time I looked). But it's no Busa.

Personally, if you want a touring bike (or a "cruiser" if you prefer), I would go with the BMW 1200 LT, a YZF 1300, or just bag out your Busa, and if you don't like those there is always a Goldwing, which seems to sort of sit out there in it's own little class (little being respective to it's class, not the size of the behemouth).

Cruisers are nice, but personally if I ever get one again, I am going to go build one myself or have something unique built. To me the cruiser class has a place on it's own platform as a "slow and show" group. But that's just MHO.

Well, I've only had my 109 for two days, so I can't give you a great assessment. But, I can tell you that it is what I expected. After riding a `Busa, there is no comparison, but I kinda figured that would be the case, I't might not feel quick down low, but roll on the throttle in 3rd gear and you're at 100mph quick!! So far I'm enjoying it, it certainly makes you fell different riding it!

DSCF2022.JPG

It's good to hear that you are enjoying it! There is nothing better than someone who loves riding bikes, no matter what it is that they ride.

(Nekosohana @ Jul. 27 2007,14:19) It's good to hear that you are enjoying it!  There is nothing better than someone who loves riding bikes, no matter what it is that they ride.
+1

Back