Anyone here ride cruisers too?

Chris03

Registered
Just wondering if anyone here also owns and rides cruisers. I have a handful of friends and family members that ride Harleys, and always found riding the Hayabusa with them a little awkward - oddly, they seem to have no urge to open their bikes up on the straight-aways or accelerate through long sweeping curves...
tounge.gif

So, I just bought a used V-Rod for riding with them (and because I think it's a really cool bike to begin with), but the weather here in the north east will prevent me from riding it for at least the next several weeks. I'm wondering if anyone can share their experience with cruisers - any tips, major handling differences between them and the Busa, etc.

Thanks, and here's a photo of my Hayabusa's little brother...

That is one sweet looking bike. That will probably be the cruiser of my choice once I decide to purchase one. I will have to keep it along side the Busa, though. Don't think I could every just get rid of her like that. I have ridden my dad's Yamaha V-Star. It's just a different style of riding. Both are still fun as hell though.

I used to Ride a Valk and have my busa sold the valk cause i needed the money and i don't think i'll be in the market for a cruiser anytime soon again they just not my style of riding i like some of there looks but to slow and handle cruddy to me i'm to spoiled by sport bike handleing my valks pegs got some sevior grinding

Nice new ride
beerchug.gif

No tips other than just get used to the difference in handling between the two. Just remember one thing...

When you've been on the Busa, then go back to the H-D, there isn't ACTUALLY anything wrong...it just seems that way. I do it every time I get back on the Electra-Glide.
laugh.gif

Just remember one thing... When you've been on the Busa, then go back to the H-D, there isn't ACTUALLY anything wrong...it just seems that way.
Ha!! Yea, when I rev the V-Rod, I feel the vibrations all though the bike. If I felt that on my Hayabusa, I'd have some major engine work to do. but at least the engine in the V-Rod doesn't visibly shake like my father's Sportster does... you can't help but smile when you see those 45 degree twins rattling around in the frame going potato potato potato...

So which bike is easier to ride slow (like parking lot slow)? I can inch along on the Busa easily, but the seating position of a cruiser seems like it would make that much more difficult.

Superbusa, I'm just outside Poughkeepsie, about 70 miles north of New York City. We had a few nice days about a month ago, and I was able to put 400 miles on the Busa, but it turned back into winter and it's been cold as hell ever since.

I don't think I could sell the Busa either, the V-Rod would have to be one hell of a fun bike to ride to become my favorite. But it's likely to be my bike of choice when riding with the slower folks. I'm not the Harley type either, but there's just something neat about the V-Rod.

I had a Busa and then bought a Harley Softail.  I made the mistake of selling the Busa as my riding partners all had Harleys.  After 1 1/2 years I sold the Harley and just bought a new 2005 Busa today.  Boy did I miss the Busa.  The Harley was fun but didn't get the blood flowing like the Busa on the gas.  Glad to be back!!

I had a Busa and then bought a Harley Softail.  I made the mistake of selling the Busa as my riding partners all had Harleys.  After 1 1/2 years I sold the Harley and just bought a new 2005 Busa today.  Boy did I miss the Busa.  The Harley was fun but didn't get the blood flowing like the Busa on the gas.  Glad to be back!!
Welcome back to the club
smile.gif

I had the urge last year to get a cruiser for that alternative riding style.  Went out and test rode and then bought a Volusia LE to satisfy that urge.  Immediately realized the difference in riding position and style.  Enjoyed the laid-back feeling or riding it, but now am not sure if I enjoy it enough to keep it. Oh yeah, here's a pic.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110622558 -->

Converse___7.JPG

And one of the 2 of them together. They look so good together I just don't know what to do.
rock.gif

Baby_J_and_Converse___2.JPG

I've got both also, I have a Low Rider. Same deal a lot of my friends have cruisers. I like riding both of them.

Nice looking V-Rod! That would be my choice if I were to buy a Harley.

As for me, I had the cruiser before the Busa. A 2003 Yamaha Road Star Warrior. It's for sale.

I also have an '05 Yamaha Road Star for laid-back touring. Here's the Roadie:

New_pipes_small.jpg

I rode harleys long before I got into sport bikes. I still have a love for harleys. I have a choice Ultra Glide with a big bore 103ci. It does wheelies, but only in low gear. I can lift the tire in second but only a few inches. I think the V-Rod is probably the best choice of the harleys. It's actually a crossbreed between a cruiser and a sport bike. It is water cooled, which is a great advancement from the air cooled harleys. It also has decent power and fairly comfy to ride. I spent a little time on one and was impressed. I really don't get a thrill out of my harley anymore so she mostly sits in the corner and collects dust. But then my busa don't get out much anymore either since I got a GSXR1000. I have found the GSXR1000 to be the best adrinaline rush of them all as well as the most versitile.

My girlfreind rides a cruiser, and we ride together a lot. But on some days, me and the boys like to ride hard, and she stays home, but you know what they say, a couple that rides together, stays together.
tounge.gif

Thanks everyone, this is reassuring. It's good to know that each bike has it's own merits, and riding one doesn't spoil you to the other. The V-Rod seemed like the perfect 2nd bike - part cruiser, part sport bike (sort of), has that Harley character... When this one came along with only 500 miles on it, I couldn't resist.

BigBSBusa, those two do look good together. Mine should be similar, I have a silver/gray '03. Now if this wasn't the view out my window, I'd actually be able to enjoy them...

snow.jpg

I'm sure yours will look great together. We'll see which one gets the most time!
biggrin.gif

Back