Cruiser Torque Versus Hayabusa

BravoZulu1

Registered
I've never owned a monster cu-in cruiser. Is the torque at very low rpm higher than the Hayabusa? If you do a roll on at low rpm (2-3k) does the big v-twin pull a little harder initially? I'm not suggesting a cruiser is faster, I'm just curious about power curve comparison at very low rpm.

Sure they do, that's all they have is a grunt down low. Look at Top Fuel Harleys, they make roughly 1000hp, idle @ 3000rpms and redline @ 4800

Grunt down low isn’t all a T/F Harley has. Ever watch them drag race? The last few yards they (really) come on. The inlines seem to gain gain gain but the big twins gain gain GAIN. Imagine the amount of air those huge pistons are displacing @ their relatively lower revs.

The Harley's you see run on TV. V-Rods or the Top fuel bikes are nothing most of us will ever ride. I have an old Harley Big Twin. Middle 90s. An 04 Busa. And a 06 1000 gixer...
For an older V Twin 2 or 3k RPM is not low. My Harley is begging me to shift at 4k. Yeah it has a lot of low end. But I don't think it pulls any harder then the Busa down low. And to be honest when you get past 3k you're just making noise with an older Big Twin. A Buell or V-Rod will go to a much higher rpm. I've had both. They are fun. But they don't compare to a Busa. The Busa goes to the drag strip now and then. The Gixer is geared very low. Slick and wheelie bar. Just goes to the strip. And is the weakest of the 3 at low end. But once you get to 2nd it more then makes up for it...

I'm not buying it. Yes you can build a fast HD. But my BMW has a little more torque, a lot more HP and it's lighter than a HD and the Busa will flat smoke it. People say a HD has power down low but who rides at less than 2K unless they are on a HD?

HD's are cool but I get tired of people trying to justify how slow they are. They have many charms but moving quickly is not one of them.

Rocket III is a crazy ride. 2.4 liters or something crazy and car-like! There was a rumor it was the fastest stock bike on the planet to 60 feet for years. Yes it's a pig and very heavy, but 2.4 liters?!!!!!!

PS: Imagine if Ali got hold of one and turboed it!

I had a 2016 Low Rider S for a year. It had 98hp and 115lbft of torque. I swear it could take my Busa across an intersection but maybe just barely. After that obviously the busa smokes it. The low rider had the look and the sound and was a blast to drive until I hit the freeway. Then it handled like garbage.

When I had a 600 my favorite thing to do was let the beefed up HDs get out front and then blow by them in s wheelie in first gear. HDs are not fast 10ft 60ft or 1,000ft. They have a purpose and it’s not speed. These new 300 would prob beat at a fully build HD.

I own a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard M109r and a '14 Busa.
I came from a vfr800 and a cbr1000

Haven't ridden the Busa yet as it's new to me and waiting for the weather to dry up and the mods to be completed.
I can say the '9 when set up right will pull like a steam train, (and hard) out of corners.
And torque off idle is an addictive thing with it.
Not a huge top end in the way of outright speed, but massive fun getting there.

Rocket III is a crazy ride. 2.4 liters or something crazy and car-like! There was a rumor it was the fastest stock bike on the planet to 60 feet for years. Yes it's a pig and very heavy, but 2.4 liters?!!!!!!

PS: Imagine if Ali got hold of one and turboed it!
Part of me wonders how much money it would take to buy that inline 5 Eskedal built... but i don't wanna insult the guy either.

Back