Thoughts on cruisers??

Some prefer that riding position due to their particular back problems. In a straight line forwards are comfy and completely safe. Pull back bars are better suited to the ride vs apes of any height though IMO.
I can see that, I just don't feel in control riding in that position.

All good points my brother but the VMax is a V-4. They are a good bike in whatever year, the original "85s weren't neutered though.
Yes originals are apes( v-4 correct forgot that looking at bike from the side for so long) straight line Quarter they held record as 1/4 mile King stock production till 1991 or so at least that's when I stopped reading the mag comparisons and bought my 1st street bike GSX-R 750 black & purple.

I love the Concours engine, but IMO the Honda ST1300 is a better bike because of the handling and all around feel. I was really surprised at how good a bike the ST is.
That said, the Busa isn’t going anywhere :)

Thats a bad mofo! Any more pics of it from the side?

Only other pic I got saved on my phone
0B082B0D-FC55-41EC-95B6-95FDBCF6D1BA.jpeg

He hates the bags because they mess with the lines on the bike but it was a necessary evil for an 800 mile road trip. They are detachable so he doesn’t leave em on

I find it interesting how many people own and ride bikes with forward controls and ape hangers...and seem to have no major issue riding them, I guess they have to know their limitations.

It’s really not as hard or difficult to get used to as you think. Forwards allow you to stretch out your legs and be in a relaxed position. I rode nothing but dirtbikes and crotch rockets for years. Then I found a deal on my H-D Nightrod. It was was close to 2hrs away. So I get there check out the bike sign the paperwork and they hand me the keys. Never rode a H-D before or a cruiser for that matter. Felt awkward @ 1st but a bike is still a bike. Clutch brake throttle etc.....

10 minutes into getting used to it I’m on the interstate doing 75mph and the sky opens up and blesses me with a torrential downpour!!! The heavy bike handled surprisingly well in the rain and the 240 rear tire gave me plenty of traction.

It’s really not as hard or difficult to get used to as you think. Forwards allow you to stretch out your legs and be in a relaxed position. I rode nothing but dirtbikes and crotch rockets for years. Then I found a deal on my H-D Nightrod. It was was close to 2hrs away. So I get there check out the bike sign the paperwork and they hand me the keys. Never rode a H-D before or a cruiser for that matter. Felt awkward @ 1st but a bike is still a bike. Clutch brake throttle etc.....

10 minutes into getting used to it I’m on the interstate doing 75mph and the sky opens up and blesses me with a torrential downpour!!! The heavy bike handled surprisingly well in the rain and the 240 rear tire gave me plenty of traction.
Rain will find a way to ruin fun each and every time...

I tried to ride a bike with forward controls but it's not my thing. Just couldn't adapt to the position.

I'd hardly call that a cruiser, more like a hooligan bike like the BKing

I understand your point. Definitely not a Road King or Heritage Classic, but a cruiser nonetheless...performance cruiser. HD’s new FXDR 114 is taking a run in that direction.

I understand your point. Definitely not a Road King or Heritage Classic, but a cruiser nonetheless...performance cruiser. HD’s new FXDR 114 is taking a run in that direction.

That FXDR is a dud..... I love Harley and all but the price vs performance just don’t add up. They totally missed the price point on this model. To claim it to be your performance flagship model and it doesn’t even crack 100HP @ $22k is blasphemy :crazy:

It’s a solo seat 240mm rear tire no traction control no rider aids it doesn’t even have Brembo front calipers like the touring models do. Your gonna see a lot of these sitting on showroom floors mark my words.....

Definitely cool looking but the damn things cost more than Harley’s and twice as much to get fixed.

There’s a ton of them for sale around my way with less than 5k miles on em and asking for half what they cost new......
I agree with that. I did extensive research on this bike on the forums for the diavel and ran into a lot of posts discussing issues and warranty work being VERY costly. Belt replacement was nuts in price from what I remember.

That FXDR is a dud..... I love Harley and all but the price vs performance just don’t add up. They totally missed the price point on this model. To claim it to be your performance flagship model and it doesn’t even crack 100HP @ $22k is blasphemy :crazy:

It’s a solo seat 240mm rear tire no traction control no rider aids it doesn’t even have Brembo front calipers like the touring models do. Your gonna see a lot of these sitting on showroom floors mark my words.....
Agreed. Seems the Harley crowd doesn't think much of it either. Spoke to a few friends and none of them had any real respect for the bike and felt it wasn't a "true Harley".

My biggest problem was getting of my cbr1000 and onto the m109r.
Jump on, stand up, into gear and away..
Then I'd fold my feet up under me looking for my foorpegs, (which aren't under me at all) and knock the damn side stand down and stall the blasted thing...
Took awhile and repeating to myself, "feet out front, feet out front"...

My biggest problem was getting of my cbr1000 and onto the m109r.
Jump on, stand up, into gear and away..
Then I'd fold my feet up under me looking for my foorpegs, (which aren't under me at all) and knock the damn side stand down and stall the blasted thing...
Took awhile and repeating to myself, "feet out front, feet out front"...

Did the same thing a few times initially but stopped after getting used to it. Now I can hop off my cruiser onto my Busa or vice Versa and not miss a beat

Agreed. Seems the Harley crowd doesn't think much of it either. Spoke to a few friends and none of them had any real respect for the bike and felt it wasn't a "true Harley".

It’s a Harley it’s just WAYYYYY overpriced!!! Not spending $22k+ for an 80 HP cruiser..... Rather spend that on a brand new Bagger. Damn near same HP but comes with bags, stereo, and passenger seat

If it was lighter and had more HP and around $16k then it would be badass

I agree with that. I did extensive research on this bike on the forums for the diavel and ran into a lot of posts discussing issues and warranty work being VERY costly. Belt replacement was nuts in price from what I remember.

Any time you see a lot of a certain model of bike with low mileage for sale there’s something going on there.....

Back