??? for previous Cruiser Guys

Harley motors also fire both cylinders on the same stroke where most other vtwins move the powerstroke to opposite ends of the 4 cycles... a big part of the unique sound of a harley is the   bang/bang on the same revolution
They did fire on the exhaust stroke until the V-Fire III was phased out, and up until the first Magneti-Marelli EFI (now Delphi) was used. Not any more.

You can retrofit an older model with a single fire system. You could even set up dual points if you want. The days of the "waste spark" have been gone for several years. If you like LOTS of spark, you can MSD your bike
laugh.gif

You can get a Ducati to sound pretty much like an H-D, but the Ducati has a 90 deg. cylinder angle, and the H-D has the power limiting 45 deg. cylinder angle. Ducati's also have pretty large pistons, so you can just hear the displacement, as well as feel it resonate through your body. But then again, why would you want a Ducati to sound like a Harley?

Ya, the road stars are air cooled pushrod twins> I had a warrior with a roadhouse on it and I got complements ( even from harley guys) on the way mine sounded.
The vtx's just don't sound good piped to me (and I have installed a few). Most sound like a cross between a boat and farting.

Well, we rode this weekend, following him Saturday the bike sounded more like a gattling gun than a Bike exhaust. We came home and and removed the baffles and punched a 1/2 diameter spike through the center which opened up alot of the flanges/baffles inside and the bike sounded better. Rode some again today and following him was much better. So it appears to be a baffle issue. After looking inside my Roadhouse Pipes, and my neighbors Screamin Eagle pipes, we can see where the baffle design is greatly differebt between ours and his. So, a diiferent style baffle is being oreder and we'll see. So far We've neglected any air/fel modulator but theres enough popping I don't think he's going to be able to get away without it.

On a good note.............First rides this year and it was great to get out.
beerchug.gif

Back