Heard my 1st Brock's system today!!!

LastBusa

Registered
Dropped my bike off at the dealership for 1st service this morning and there was a GenII with a Brock's sidewinder (baffle in) sitting there. They started it for me and rev'd it a little. I have to say, that was the most beautiful sounding exhaust I have ever heard on any bike. Not raspy in any way, just a low, clean sounding tone.

He only started/ran it for about 20 seconds then shut it off. It was like giving candy to a baby then ripping it back out of their hands.

worthless for the street unless you are going to turn your bike into a trike. i had a short alien head for awhile but changed it out for a full titanium akrapovic because the brocks shot un-burnt fuel and carbon all over my tail and chrome rear peg bracket and peg. they do sound good though. not just carbon either, it permanently discolored the chrome from the flames.

worthless for the street unless you are going to turn your bike into a trike. i had a short alien head for awhile but changed it out for a full titanium akrapovic because the brocks shot un-burnt fuel and carbon all over my tail and chrome rear peg bracket and peg. they do sound good though. not just carbon either, it permanently discolored the chrome from the flames.

Could your tune have been a little off?

I prefer the full system anyway, a little quieter

I'd get that tune checked, however they put my short meg on without a tune and the result was a very lean clean running bike. Three weeks later when they put the PC on with a base map the pipe looked new, inside and out. Over time it started looking like the factory tip ( brownish ) . After three years and 22K miles the only thing stained is the exhaust tip.

Another perfect example of how the dealership respects a customers bike.
Yeah sure I can let you listen to another persons bike and here I Will rev it up for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah sure I can let you listen to another persons bike and here I Will rev it up for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hear ya. If/when I ever bring my bike to a dealership, which is typically just for the 1st service, it's picked up within an hour of being finished. I have to give this guy credit though. He started it, let it idle for 10 seconds or so then blipped it to what sounded like no more than 2.5 to 3k, then shut it down. Honestly, I wouldn't have any issue if they had done the same to my bike.

Starting and shutting down are the worst things for ANY engine. That didn't help that bike out but at least you got to hear it!

Posted via Mobile Device

The more I think about this, the more I agree. I do have to admit however that I was probably just as out of line asking for him to start someone else's bike for me to hear.

There was a busa doing a hot run dyno check and he had an uncorked brocks on there and it was fricken loud.He pulled a little more power than I did but it was all over the place.My power curve was nice and smooth, consistent.His has drop offs all over but was told the open brocks caused surging.Did I mention is was fricken loud.

Back