Yoshimura RS-3 without baffle

Kool_Papa

Registered
I have a 2000 busa and it has a Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust system. Have anyone taken the baffle out? What kind of sound and performance did you get? I was thinking of trying this or something to modify the can to get a more deep throaty sound.

If your refering to the baffle that is held in by the two allen bolts at the end of the can, I took it out immediately and never even ran it with in, I am happy with the sound level, not terrible riding around but not to quite when you nail it, take it out, you can always put it back in.
"O"

Left mine in, since I live in the city. If you remove them, you may need a new map for the ECU, as well as a new air filter.

I had one, with no baffle , shortened, gutted, repacked with TRS race inners. It sounded real good and very throaty without that annoying cracking sound. If you want PM me i will tell you how to do it.

i took the baffle out and i like the sound, but i know it needs remapping. i have a PC II on a 2000 busa, can anyone give me any suggestions on what map to install?

You might PM Greg at HPC, his screen name is GPW. He's done a lot of dyno runs with a lot of equipment and might be able to help. Smithbusa, Johnnycheese are a few others that might be able to help. Good luck :thumbsup:

Back