The Coach has Gone GREEN

ridercoach

Post ***** King & Local Safety Guru
Donating Member
Registered
Long time no post, but I do come around to read the current news and what’s going ons.

As some of you older .org members know I sold my Busa a while back and purchased a Yamaha Warrior. Well I've done it again and went out and purchased another bike.

I went out and purchased a 2007 ZX-14, Black. I pick it up today and will post some pics.

So before the posts from the new guys start about hating the 14 please let me say this.

I am a bike lover, not necessarily a brand lover. I have owned Suzuki' my whole life, minus the Warrior.

I had one of my Experienced Riders Course Students bring a ZX-14 to the class, so of course I had to ride it. After I explained to him there is no machine out there that feels as good as the Busa to me. He let me take it for a long enough time to get a good evaluation of it.

Now for a true un-biased look at the 14 compared to the Hayabusa, without all the numbers and hype.

1. Its ugly (now people said the same thing about the busa when it first came out and some still say it to this day) but as the busa it is ugly for a reason. Aerodynamics.  The 14 has it as does the busa at high and low speeds. No wind fatigue.

2. It has power. Now the war between who is faster ends with me. Its BS to me, I do not take my bike to the drag strip nor have a need to. I am a rider coach and take safety serious, but I am human and love speed (for those of you on here who rode with me know, sometimes I just have to put the rider coach to the side). Both the Busa and the 14 have plenty of it. I do not care who can win on the track or a road race. Get over it.

3. Ergonomics, now after riding the busa and customizing it for my 5'-10" 175lb frame, it was comfy. I felt very comfortable on the 14 from the get go, actually more comfortable than the busa after I modded it.

4. Weight. I know both bikes are very similar in weight, but for some reason the 14 feels lighter, probably because stock it’s a little lower. Not a big deal to me because I can hold up a gold wing.

5. Brakes. The stock brakes on the 14 feel better than the busa to me. That’s just how I feel.

6. Handling, now here is the decision maker for me. I have seen videos on you tube showing the 14 lacking in cornering ability compared to the Busa.  I felt, and feel, the 14 handles better. Plain in simple, to me it handles better.

7. Options. Here the 14 reigns supreme for a sport touring motorcycle with power. The digital display gives you plenty of information, from instant fuel mileage to what gear you are in. I am not going to list all the info it gives you but it’s a lot.

This is pretty much a basic break down, no numbers, no dyno stats, just a rider talking about the bike with minor comparisons.

As a rider coach you learn that everyone has different taste and you can never be biased to another motorcycle. One of the perks of the job is the trust students have in you and their constant need for you to ride there bikes. So, in order not to insult them I ride there bikes.  
biggrin.gif
 I find each back has its qualities.

I have found some great people on the .org site and I have seen some people on here hate other peoples rides (more recently then before) I do not believe the motorcycling community should ever be that way, but supportive of everyone’s choices in rides.

The .org family has always been the best forum for true motorcycle lovers, not just if you own Busa. But it is a Forum for motorcycle lovers of all kinds. For that alone I will never leave. Not to mention we have some the best members out there bar none.

See you the last weekend of BIKE WEEK…..  
race.gif

KawasakiNinjaZX-14-1.jpg

Congrats
beerchug.gif
Nice ride, I agree with you its what ever one likes and is more comfortable with. Even if Zuki comes out with a new Busa, I may not like it if they change the looks of it! I don't care about who has more power, I fell in love with the looks!

Good to see you posting again Coach. Congrats on the new purchase. You know the rules, get some pics up of the new scoot when you get it. Congrats again.

The only big complaint I have against the 14 (I have not ridden one) is that Limited Edition color scheme. FUGLY!!

Don

Wow, someone we haven't seen in a while
smile.gif

Congrats on the new Kawi! No haters here; well, perhaps a couple LOL

...just glad to see you around again
biggrin.gif

I've only sat on a ZX-14 and it felt like a yacht; surprised to hear you say it felt lighter than the Busa. I think I'm just so used to my bike, anything would feel strange to me...can't wait to hear your impressions after getting a few miles and oil changes behind you
cool.gif

(05BusaLe @ Mar. 08 2007,02:05) Congrats  
beerchug.gif
 Nice ride, I agree with you its what ever one likes and is more comfortable with. Even if Zuki comes out with a new Busa, I may not like it if they change the looks of it! I don't care about who has more power, I fell in love with the looks!
I didnt like the way the busa looked at the start, now I LOVE the way it looks. The 14, I hate the foreman grills on the side, hence why I got it in black, not it just flows with it.
biggrin.gif

I just wish Suzuki gave me an option this year to compare to the new 14. Who knows maybe if Suzuki changes the Busa Ill like it better and trade in the 14.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I promise Ill post some pics, im picking it up today at 11:30.

Don, I think they were smoking something funny when they made the limitied colors. Someone needs to be fired at Kawai.

Ill keep you all posted on the impressions after breakin and a few oil changes.

So who is at bike week? I need to make some calls and find my .org brothers and sisters over there.
beerchug.gif

Congrats on the new bike and thanks for the comparo
beerchug.gif
. It's always nice to keep our perspectives wide and ever pliable
egitarre77.gif

Don't worry about it, rc.. if everybody was perfect we'd live in a boring world~ We won't hold it hold it against you for turning to the dark side~
firedevil.gif

Glad to see you back around~
beerchug.gif
I've missed the monthly rc reports and lessons~

Nice ride there coach.

as you said we are human. if we didnt joke around and "pick" on people about riding 13.5's, we would be considered in the same boat as those who ride the american brand.

i think i can speak for a majority of the people here when i say this ..........

as long as you are riding on two wheels, it all good in my book!

Thanks for the comparison
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
super.gif

(GJoker @ Mar. 08 2007,02:55) Don't worry about it, rc.. if everybody was perfect we'd live in a boring world~ We won't hold it hold it against you for turning to the dark side~  
firedevil.gif

Glad to see you back around~  
beerchug.gif
I've missed the monthly rc reports and lessons~
Joker,

Check out the safety post, I added a new one for Florida Law Changes in 2008

Dave (Coach)

Alright, I just picked it up and had its maiden voyage on I-4 in Orlando. I have that same feeling as when I picked up my first Busa. The ride was incredible, felt stable and strong just like the Busa. I did not get on it, because I am one of those believers in the break in period...yeah yeah I know. It’s an all around good motorcycle. Two Thumbs up as of right now, Ill keep you all posted
biggrin.gif
Going to take some pics...

Dave (Coach)

nice...
I like the reviews, and yes, some ppl hates other brands...
rock.gif
I even call "hardly" time to time...but, I prolly go for it later when I hit 60 or 70...
enjoy your new ride...(I used to have a ninja) every company have their prime time, zuki had almost 10 years...of their time now its time for others.
I don't believe in one way...in n out, up n down...etc.
super.gif

Back