The busa presence!

I pulled up to the Kawasaki dealer here in town to see the big Ninja in person. When I walked in the salesmen say to each other, "yeah, he came in to buy a real bike". I stood in front of the 14 for a minute without saying a word. As I turned to walk out, the salesman asked "So?"...I just said "I was just hoping that it would look better in person...there's still nothing like a 'busa."

Looking in my latest issue of Cycle World...the 14 was named Best Open-Class Bike of 2006. A bike that has been out for all of two months. Funny stuff...

Leave it to the Rev to bring our egos back to down to earth. Is it just me or does Rev just have a lot of fun raining on the parade?
I swear I am not trying to Rain on the Parade, really. It's just that since buying the Busa, the amount of sillyness surrounding it has surprised and irritated me... Sometimes both at the same time.
smile.gif

I have to agree with Revlis on this one. Reputations are tricky.

I remember telling one idiot I ride a Busa...he said, "Isn't that the bike all the brothers lower and chrome?"

Ugh.
rock.gif

Leave it to the Rev to bring our egos back to down to earth. Is it just me or does Rev just have a lot of fun raining on the parade?
I swear I am not trying to Rain on the Parade, really.  It's just that since buying the Busa, the amount of sillyness surrounding it has surprised and irritated me...  Sometimes both at the same time.
smile.gif
I'll agree people can get silly from time to time.. Just realize it isn't that way all the time. Every now and then, I (as well as many others) enjoy sharing our enthusiasm for the Hayabusa..

Besides, this site is called "hayabusa.org" and not "sportbike.org" ..
biggrin.gif

I really like this site..

Thanks..
Ray (rtvegas)

Careful Gentlemen, it's threads like this that lead the rest of the sportbike community to believe that Busa owners need to get over themselves and their bikes.  

Don't you look at just about every bike as it goes by, don't you check out the Gixxer 750 or whatever?  OK, the Busa is no different in that respect.  

Yes it has a reputation, but you want to know what else the Busa is infamous for, what A LOT of other bikers think of the Busa and the people riding it?  POSERS, arrogant, no riding skill having, Posers...  I hate to say it, but it's out there in abundance...  There are folks out there that are fans, and there are those that are just haters, but there is a large percentage of folks who believe that the busa is little more than the Poser Flavor of the day, and unfortunately there is some truth in it.  So many Busa's are purchased because some believe that by purchasing the bike, they themselves become "Better" somehow, better riders, or will get more "Props", more respect.  It's like the Turbo kit's and nitrous flying off the shelf, for 90% of the buyers it has little to do with performance, hell they cannot use everything the stock Busa offers, it's about image, bragging rights, or the hope that they can "purchase skill", or street cred...

It's why I flinch everytime somebody posts up about their NEW Busa being their FIRST Bike.  It's like "Oh great, another newb wobbling around making the Busa look lame..."  Falling over in the parking lot, etc...

The Busa is a great bike, it's alot of fun, it's fast, handles well, and is over all a terrific do-it-all sportbike.  But this gets overshadowed by the Hype, and the good and Bad PR...  

It's important to remember, that the Busa is just a Sportbike, NOBODY CARES about the rider, they are LOOKING AT THE BIKE. NOT the person sitting on it.  Sure it feels good to get checked out at a light, but it's important to remember that for 90% of the folks looking they are just looking at "a Bike"  it has nothing to do with it being a Busa, or the rider being a "Stud" for being on the damn thing...  
laugh.gif

Not bagging on anyone, just saying that we as Busa owners need to learn a little humility, and understand that the world by and large could give a Rat's A$$ about our pretty go fast bikes...  That's all.    

*Hugs*

Rev
What year is your Busa? It seems to have failed to deliver you into Busa Madness. What a shame... For being a moderator on a Busa Board your comment is curiously out of place. Perhaps you should head over to a Harley or Buell website to talk smack about the Hayabusa Rider mentality.

It seems that you have yet to have the full Hayabusa experience. All these guys have had it, as have I. This board is all about the Busa, nothing wrong with having some pride in your ride. That is what the website is all about. I have had numerous bikes in the last 15 years and nothing compares to the Busa. I still have 2 bikes.

Nothing compares...

This is not hype, it was and is a revolutionary motorcycle according to the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, the Science Channel, the Speed Channel and countless motorcycle magazines.

As an after thought; there are posers in everything. But the bike is revolutionary and anyone who has the balls to ride it, especially the over 30 crowd, has my respect.

When riding: Respect the Busa and what it can do to you and you will be okay. Don’t respect it and it will punish you.

I'd have to agree. I've had several bikes over the yrs & the Busa I've purchased twice. Yes, I'm in the over 30 crowd & I love the hell out of this bike. If I buy anything else it will be a MV Augusta b/c I think it's just as sexy as the Busa. I think I will always own a Busa no matter what Kawi or anybody else puts out.

P.S. It irritates me that a moderator on this board would over generalize and negatively stereotype why a motorcycle rider buys a Hayabusa. In light of how many of these riders on this very board have supported one another and helped each other out. That does not sound, to me, like an image fixated, apotheistic, Newb-poser trying to purchase skill or street cred. I have met some of the members of this board, albeit a small contingent, and your analysis is way off base. In fact, most of the Busa riders I have met are not the type of person you have outlined as ‘so many Busa purchasers.’ Normally ignorant internet chatter does not bother me but your comments seemed misplaced, poorly formulated and negligent. There are good people on this board that have gone above and beyond for others and your comments slander, not only them, but Busa riders everywhere.

This would have not have bothered me and I would not have posted anything if you were not a moderator on this board. I expect more from the moderators of this site. For those that have the power to censor, delete and ban I expect them to rise above this type of commentary.

All “hugsâ€￾ aside, if you don’t understand what the Busa is all about, why it is so popular, why it was so innovative and why it still has so much relevance then perhaps this is not the message board for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I believe that everyone with an opinion they feel like sharing should have a well informed, well thought and somewhat objective opinion.

Sorry for the rant. I’m just tired of over generalization, slander and trash talk about good people. It disappoints me the most when I see it from someone who is a representative of this site.

soapbox.gif

P.S. It irritates me that a moderator on this board would over generalize and negatively stereotype why a motorcycle rider buys a Hayabusa. In light of how many of these riders on this very board have supported one another and helped each other out. That does not sound, to me, like an image fixated, apotheistic, Newb-poser trying to purchase skill or street cred. I have met some of the members of this board, albeit a small contingent, and your analysis is way off base. In fact, most of the Busa riders I have met are not the type of person you have outlined as ‘so many Busa purchasers.’ Normally ignorant internet chatter does not bother me but your comments seemed misplaced, poorly formulated and negligent. There are good people on this board that have gone above and beyond for others and your comments slander, not only them, but Busa riders everywhere.

This would have not have bothered me and I would not have posted anything if you were not a moderator on this board. I expect more from the moderators of this site. For those that have the power to censor, delete and ban I expect them to rise above this type of commentary.

All “hugsâ€￾ aside, if you don’t understand what the Busa is all about, why it is so popular, why it was so innovative and why it still has so much relevance then perhaps this is not the message board for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I believe that everyone with an opinion they feel like sharing should have a well informed, well thought and somewhat objective opinion.

Sorry for the rant. I’m just tired of over generalization, slander and trash talk about good people. It disappoints me the most when I see it from someone who is a representative of this site.

soapbox.gif
Rev wasn't talking about the people on this board in his post. You talk about people coming together on here to help each other out in a time of need. The moderators of this site do it for free! They keep this board clean and usually take alot of crap for it. He was just stating a fact that there are people out there that just buy a Hayabusa to say that they have a bada$$ bike and if you look at the back tire the wear strip ios about three inches wide. If you choose to stick around here long enough you will see what he means by someone buying a busa as a first bike and people dropping them in the parking lot becasue they are too big for a new rider most of the times. Before you go bashing a Mod on here you should at least know what kind of person they are that way you will know where they are coming from.

All “hugs†aside, if you don’t understand what the Busa is all about, why it is so popular, why it was so innovative and why it still has so much relevance then perhaps this is not the message board for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I believe that everyone with an opinion they feel like sharing should have a well informed, well thought and somewhat objective opinion.

soapbox.gif
Rev wasn't talking about the people on this board in his post. You talk about people coming together on here to help each other out in a time of need. The moderators of this site do it for free! They keep this board clean and usually take alot of crap for it. He was just stating a fact that there are people out there that just buy a Hayabusa to say that they have a bada$$ bike and if you look at the back tire the wear strip ios about three inches wide. If you choose to stick around here long enough you will see what he means by someone buying a busa as a first bike and people dropping them in the parking lot becasue they are too big for a new rider most of the times. Before you go bashing a Mod on here you should at least know what kind of person they are that way you will know where they are coming from.
I have been here since 2004 but I have not been posting the whole time. I was not bashing, I was citing what he wrote and how I interpreted its application to other Busa riders. I could have been in error, but I was still disappointed. The only way I can know him is from what he writes and what he wrote bothered me and I felt I had to say something.

I have been around long enough to see people buying a Busa a first bike. It bothers me too but I would not make the assumption that they are all “posers.†I have seen a lot in my years of riding and working in Healthcare.

I am not trying to incite anything. I was just disappointed in his comments regardless of his contributions to the site. I felt his comments were “bashing†busa riders everywhere. As I said, I might have misinterpreted his meaning. If so, I apologize. All I had to go on is what he wrote.

That's cool man I just misunderstood what you were trying to say and the mods and board members have been very good to me here. Sorry about that.
smile.gif

I could really care less about other bikes! For Lamb it's all about the missile!
biggrin.gif

I remember telling one idiot I ride a Busa...he said, "Isn't that the bike all the '''''''''''''brothers'''''''''''''' lower and chrome?"

Ugh.
rock.gif
''''Brothers'''    wht do you maen ?
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
What do you think he means dumbarse? African American gentlemen, Boyz in the Hood, etc.

Unfortunately so many people customize the Busa to the point where it elimantes everything the bike was made for. They put extended swingarms with 240 rear tires and have a 1" ground clearence, not to mention the carnival airbrush artwork. Best place to ride a bike like that would be on a flat putting green.

Just gives the bike that wannabee, trying to be hard, please look at me world showboat impression. That is all.

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

i ride it cause i like the looks...i dont care what anyone else thinks..what is faster what looks cooler..it gets me off and that is all i need to know..ps the wife prefers its looks too

All “hugs†aside, if you don’t understand what the Busa is all about, why it is so popular, why it was so innovative and why it still has so much relevance then perhaps this is not the message board for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I believe that everyone with an opinion they feel like sharing should have a well informed, well thought and somewhat objective opinion.

soapbox.gif
I have been here since 2004 but I have not been posting the whole time. I was not bashing, I was citing what he wrote and how I interpreted its application to other Busa riders. I could have been in error, but I was still disappointed. The only way I can know him is from what he writes and what he wrote bothered me and I felt I had to say something.

I have been around long enough to see people buying a Busa a first bike. It bothers me too but I would not make the assumption that they are all “posers.†I have seen a lot in my years of riding and working in Healthcare.

I am not trying to incite anything. I was just disappointed in his comments regardless of his contributions to the site. I felt his comments were “bashing†busa riders everywhere. As I said, I might have misinterpreted his meaning. If so, I apologize. All I had to go on is what he wrote.
I'd recommend just chilling out, and taking a long hard look at a good number of the folks you see out there on the streets and on the board. You'll see what I am talking about clear as day. No need to get all excited, no need to write a long diatribe, it's just the truth.

The Busa attracts ALOT of highly skilled experianced riders looking for something a little more comfy on the streets than their wore out Gixxers. This is true.

BUT

ALL DAY at the Dealership I see one Numbnut after another throw his leg over the Busa, get all sprung thinking he's a super hero now, only to have it come back two days later all mangled. I dunno how much time you spend at your local dealership, and I don't give a shid, I spend hours watching the sales floor and I believe I am in a pretty damned good position to know exactly who is buying Hayabusa's and why. I have seen about 3 go out the door in the last year that are being put to good use. The others? Fuggin Shattered dreams and Posers, looking to impress SOMEBODY cause Mama didn't love em' enough, I dunno...

SO, seeing as I am actually in the Industry, previously as a Parts Guy and now again as the Art Director for the Largest Multi-line Dealership in the NorthWest I think I know of what I speak, and it's unfortunately what I see a whole lot.

You can go get fugged with your Harley/Buell Comments though, and I don't feel I have to justify the Breadth and depth of my "Hayabusa Experiance" IT'S a GREAT BIKE... BUT It's JUST A BIKE! GET OVER IT!

It doesn't make us cool, It won't make us smarter or more handsome, and despite what you've heard or was hoping was true... NOBODY GIVES A FUG ABOUT US OR OUR BUSA'S outside the .org, it's true.

It's arrogant, VERY ARROGANT of Busa OWNERS to assume that so many other folks wish they were on Hayabusa's too, or that other riders are "JUST Envious". It's just not the case. The Busa is a great bike, but it's not exotic, any fool can buy one, they are made by the thousands. But, lots of people simply have NO INTEREST in a comfy, fast "Sport Touring" bike.

We love it, we love the people that are into it but beyond that nobody cares, it's just another Rice Burning "Crotch" rocket, or Fuggin Bulletbike. The General populace doesn't care...

Sorry to let you down, sorry you got your feelings hurt. I'll buy you a Latte or something...

smile.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Rev

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149832733 -->

Rev has a really good point. Albeit, harsh, but straight to the point. I see many wannabes with Busas in my area who don't know sh*t about the bike and have never gone past 5K RPM to know what a Busa can really do. Then they talk about how they're gonna add a stage 3 turbo kit so no other bike can touch it. sheesshh.

Very few will ever see the Busa at it's full potential stock, unless you drag race or do track days or race or ride El Mirage and Bonneville. If you do it on the streets, you're just a dumbazz who is breaking the law and don't have the guts to take it to the track (or strip, or flats). And you still won't see it at its full potential on the streets b/c most riders are concerned about coming back alive so they "instinctively" back off a bit. You don't have to do that with closed course.

But the Busa is a wonderful machine. We just gotta remember the attention it gets is b/c of the bike, not the rider.

Back