The busa presence!

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
I was riding the bike today and I have to smile when I pass other bikes, they always give a look. I feel like I am on a Dodge Viper of the motorcycle world.

With all the talk of the 14 being the fastest, and the liter bikes being just as fast, the busa still has the reputation of changing the motorcycle world forever. I love that. It will go down in history as an icon. The 14 may never even get that chance when the new busa comes out next year!

It is one bad a*s machine. When you ride you are noticed. Sometimes you can't tell the liters and the 600's apart.
Thought I would share my thoughts.

cool.gif
Amen, Brother!
cool.gif

cool.gif

A Busa is the Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini of motorcycles. All others pale in comparison...
bowdown.gif

It is because its legend has been around for years and grown over the years in the biking community.
smile.gif

Yesterday I had a coworker from another dept call me because he's purchased an M109...he talked about his bike a lot, but kept going back to the Busa and he too called it an icon
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

I was riding the bike today and I have to smile when I pass other bikes, they always give a look.  I feel like I am on a Dodge Viper of the motorcycle world.

With all the talk of the 14 being the fastest, and the liter bikes being just as fast, the busa still has the reputation of changing the motorcycle world forever.  I love that.  It will go down in history as an icon.  The 14 may never even get that chance when the new busa comes out next year!

It is one bad a*s machine.  When you ride you are noticed.  Sometimes you can't tell the liters and the 600's apart.  
I agree.. There's something special about owning the motorcycle that changed the industry as we all know it..
What other motorcycle is featured on the learning channel, the history channel AND the Science Channel... Not many..

Just the Hayabusa..

Period...Paragraph !!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Careful Gentlemen, it's threads like this that lead the rest of the sportbike community to believe that Busa owners need to get over themselves and their bikes.

Don't you look at just about every bike as it goes by, don't you check out the Gixxer 750 or whatever? OK, the Busa is no different in that respect.

Yes it has a reputation, but you want to know what else the Busa is infamous for, what A LOT of other bikers think of the Busa and the people riding it? POSERS, arrogant, no riding skill having, Posers... I hate to say it, but it's out there in abundance... There are folks out there that are fans, and there are those that are just haters, but there is a large percentage of folks who believe that the busa is little more than the Poser Flavor of the day, and unfortunately there is some truth in it. So many Busa's are purchased because some believe that by purchasing the bike, they themselves become "Better" somehow, better riders, or will get more "Props", more respect. It's like the Turbo kit's and nitrous flying off the shelf, for 90% of the buyers it has little to do with performance, hell they cannot use everything the stock Busa offers, it's about image, bragging rights, or the hope that they can "purchase skill", or street cred...

It's why I flinch everytime somebody posts up about their NEW Busa being their FIRST Bike. It's like "Oh great, another newb wobbling around making the Busa look lame..." Falling over in the parking lot, etc...

The Busa is a great bike, it's alot of fun, it's fast, handles well, and is over all a terrific do-it-all sportbike. But this gets overshadowed by the Hype, and the good and Bad PR...

It's important to remember, that the Busa is just a Sportbike, NOBODY CARES about the rider, they are LOOKING AT THE BIKE. NOT the person sitting on it. Sure it feels good to get checked out at a light, but it's important to remember that for 90% of the folks looking they are just looking at "a Bike" it has nothing to do with it being a Busa, or the rider being a "Stud" for being on the damn thing...
laugh.gif

Not bagging on anyone, just saying that we as Busa owners need to learn a little humility, and understand that the world by and large could give a Rat's A$$ about our pretty go fast bikes... That's all.

*Hugs*

Rev

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149790240 -->

Yesterday I had a coworker from another dept call me because he's purchased an M109...he talked about his bike a lot, but kept going back to the Busa and he too called it an icon
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
Have you sat on the M109 yet VA? That thing is a BEAST, it's Huge... Looks nice though, I think it'll be a hit.

Everyone will stop and look . I've pulled up next to city buses and the driver will be looking so hard he didn't see the light change. I caught my employer eyeballing my bike one day and walked up on him and he didn't even know I was there until I said something , It was like he was in a trance. He's always talking about buying a Goldwing . He says, I know that thing is fast but I wouldn't want to drive to Califonia on it . I say , Hell I wouldn't want to drive a car to the coast. Thats punishment either way you go.

quick busa.....DON'T EVER COMPARE THE BUSA TO A DODGE VIPER AGAIN OR YOU WILL BE BANISHED FROM THIS FORUM.....LAMBORGHINI, FERRARI.....IS MORE APPROPRIATE.....VIPER....UGH....

ARE WE CLEAR?

biggrin.gif

cool.gif
Have you sat on the M109 yet VA?  That thing is a BEAST, it's Huge...  Looks nice though, I think it'll be a hit.
I have yet to see one in person, but the guy that called me yesterday should bring it by work sometime soon...kind of worrisome really, he's a very NEW rider, done tons of research on the different bikes, had TONS of questions for me as if I'm an expert LOL He didn't sound like he had a ton of confidence in riding, but is taking the MSF course soon, has putted around on the M109 some...I hope he gets himself together enough to bring it by because I want to sit on one...

Hey, the M109 even caught the eye of my hubby months back, before they came out...he wanted to sit on one, but found an "affordable Harley" before that chance came...
laugh.gif

I was riding the bike today and I have to smile when I pass other bikes, they always give a look.  I feel like I am on a Dodge Viper of the motorcycle world.

With all the talk of the 14 being the fastest, and the liter bikes being just as fast, the busa still has the reputation of changing the motorcycle world forever.  I love that.  It will go down in history as an icon.  The 14 may never even get that chance when the new busa comes out next year!

It is one bad a*s machine.  When you ride you are noticed.  Sometimes you can't tell the liters and the 600's apart.  
I'm living the similar things when riding , every rider i pass always give a look , sometimes although i wasn't riding too fast they always give me a room for passing them
smile.gif
I love my Busa ...

With 7 years to design something to compete w/ the Busa & the "14" is all they could manage - not a chance it will even be mentioned in the history books.

biggrin.gif
cool.gif
Have you sat on the M109 yet VA? That thing is a BEAST, it's Huge... Looks nice though, I think it'll be a hit.
I have yet to see one in person, but the guy that called me yesterday should bring it by work sometime soon...kind of worrisome really, he's a very NEW rider, done tons of research on the different bikes, had TONS of questions for me as if I'm an expert LOL He didn't sound like he had a ton of confidence in riding, but is taking the MSF course soon, has putted around on the M109 some...I hope he gets himself together enough to bring it by because I want to sit on one...

Hey, the M109 even caught the eye of my hubby months back, before they came out...he wanted to sit on one, but found an "affordable Harley" before that chance came...
laugh.gif
They Look Real nice, have a nice wide rear tire and a huge motor... BUT... DON'T LET THE HUBBY tap on the fenders...

Yup, Still plastic...

Leave it to the Rev to bring our egos back to down to earth. Is it just me or does Rev just have a lot of fun raining on the parade?

Sat on the M109 today when I went by the dealership. Felt light and well balanced. I wish I could afford a second bike cause I can't trade the Busa for it.

Back