did the busa appear ugly

:thumbsup: Yup, me too! Still love that colour!

Never thought I'd own one because with all the up'n coming laws against speeding etc. "who in the right mind would buy a rocket when you can't use even 50% of it's potential"

... that was then. :laugh:

Now we're very-VERY selective as to the 'where & whens' as to opening her up.

The '99 copper was love at first site for me!!

First time I saw one was in Germany, 2000. MP had already put an exhaust on it and racing decals. We were behind him on the Autobahn leaving post, doing abut 200kmh. He looked back, threw up the V, and just disappeared over the horizon. Been a fan ever since. :bowdown::cheerleader:

When I first saw the 99's I thought they where different looking til I got smoked by a pair of them on I-81. Then I saw the blue and silver and said I would have one. I waited a few years and couldn't wait any more and bought a black 09, best move I ever made.

When I was in the market for one a couple of months ago, I was deciding between the ZX-14 and the Busa. I have owned a few Ninja's before and a Katana 600, but to be honest the Ninja's were twice the bike the old Katana was.

I thought the Busa looked very ugly and out of place when you get past the seat, very large and weird shaped. The more I looked at it thought, the more it grew on me. Reading all of the great reviews about them grew on me too, so it was a love/hate kind of thing for awhile.

The ZX-14 is a nice looking bike, but it looks cheap in some way. I think it is those fins on the side and as you get toward the back, it looks very sparce back there.

I love my 08 Busa and do not regret the decision in the least. I can't throw off on Kawi's though and I never had one issue on any I owned. Never had an issue on the Busa either so....

Now don't even ask me about the issues I have had on my 08 Buell 1125R :banghead: I will curl up in the corner and cry like a baby.........:lol:

Back