I'm starting to think the manufacturers are afraid

The Big Red One

Registered
I'm starting to think maybe the reason the 14 and new Busa aren't the major league steps up in power is because the manufacturers are afraid of angering world governments and gettin the wrong kind of attention like they did back with the original busa. It woulda been easy for Suzuki to make a true 1400 cc bike without anymore weight gain then the 08 has, and Kawasaki coulda did the same. Instead we get slight upgrades in power that can barely keep the liter bikes off their back  
rock.gif
 The 07 gixxer 1000 runs a faster 1\4 than the 14. And the ZX-10 runs the same time as the 14 but a higher trap speed. What is the world coming to  
laugh.gif

Personally I can't match any of those times using any of those bikes
blush.gif
. So, to me it's totally irrelevant
rock.gif
! Guess I'll just have to keep riding my POKIE Busa  
race.gif

laugh.gif

(DaCol. @ Jul. 28 2007,22:23) Personally I can't match any of those times using any of those bikes
blush.gif
. So, to me it's totally irrelevant
rock.gif
! Guess I'll just have to keep riding my POKIE Busa  
race.gif

laugh.gif
+1  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I consistently beat a stretched GSXR1000 with my stock Hayabusa the other night before I completely fried the clutches. It all depends up the rider.

As for the big bikes not making the power they could be; well, I don't have an answer. I only know we could definitely go faster if need be.

I think it would be cool to see the new Generation of Hayabusa to include a Special Edition bike that holds nothing back. Cost should be irrelevant. People will pay $30,000 for a stock bike that stomps all others into the ground. Plus a price tag like that would keep most of the kids from buying.

Yea... the busa is so slow... I might have to trade it in or sell it...
tounge.gif

There arent but a few people on this board that even use the Busa for its full potential. Why be worried about if it has a 1400 cc engine or not? It is still the fastest street bike there is... the engine gets any bigger than it is now and the legal system will get involved when people start dying, more than they already are...

lurk.gif

i usta mod the he11 out of every bike i ever owned...until i bought my busa...and i'm still not sure why i put the pcIIIusb and full exhaust on'er....oh...that's right....now i remember...

weight savings and sound!
laugh.gif

(Revvv @ Jul. 28 2007,22:47) I consistently beat a stretched GSXR1000 with my stock Hayabusa the other night before I completely fried the clutches. It all depends up the rider.

As for the big bikes not making the power they could be; well, I don't have an answer. I only know we could definitely go faster if need be.

I think it would be cool to see the new Generation of Hayabusa to include a Special Edition bike that holds nothing back. Cost should be irrelevant. People will pay $30,000 for a stock bike that stomps all others into the ground. Plus a price tag like that would keep most of the kids from buying.
Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not saying the current busa is slow by ANY stretch of the imagination  
wow.gif
My slightly modded busa is crazy fast...I'm just starting to adjust to the power. I guess I just wanted to see the next big thrill of power and speed....see the busa do again what it did in 99  
tounge.gif
simply crush the competition. And I would like to see the big bores hold a def advantage over those pesky little liters (where's my fly swatter lol). But in all honesty I suppose the hp wars need to slow down some voluntarily before the gov'ment steps in  
sad.gif

The only area I never get enough of is straightline acceleration (its a sickness I think lol )....I just love the g-forces of massive tire lofting in every gear, hang on for dear life forward thrust....the more the merrier. I guess I need a turbo  
laugh.gif

It would take a hell of a rider to ride a stock Busa to it's full potential.. I know I'll never be able to do it, and I've been riding for over 32 years. I think the HP war is all about bragging rights... I enjoy my busa and do 99.9% of my riding
by myself.. Except when I dust some jerk that thinks he has a fast bike..

Back