10 reasons why the Busa is King.

It is the bike all others are compared to.....
a. more hp than a hayabusa
b. faster top speed than a hayabusa
c. quicker 1/4 mile than a hayabusa

I wanted one right they when came out in '99! Sold my ZX-11D and got this. :thumbsup:

Img_1565_busa.jpg

Img_1565_busa.jpg

My friend called today. He is a Harley rider, but still appreciates his time on the old crotch rockets. he said he wandered into a Suzuki dealership today and walked over to a new Busa. The salesman told him he was looking at " the gentleman's superbike".

I hadnt heard that one yet.

I always wanted one since I heard about it in 1999.

finally got one two years ago and I am still happy with it. Of course I am thing turbo now. My friends wonder if I have a screw loose. What can I say I am addicted.

I think now that the Busa has succumbed to the liter bikes in the HP and top speed wars the Busa takes top spot the category it initially set out to achieve, a fast, efficient and very comfortable sport touring bike, not to mention its exclusive styling..

the Busa got caught up in the speed/power drama due to its engineering and overall flexibility in modifying to extreme power..

but lets not forget the gen1 base model in all its glory, a low compression big bore capable of 50mpg on the freeway, rubber isolated rear sets and clip ons for unheralded comfort with styling that has yet to be matched...

how many remember the colossal chubby that copper silver inspired the first time you set eyes on one sitting there on the dealer floor?

I hadn't even heard of the Busa when me and my cuz stumbled onto one at Aurora Suzuki in Seattle, copper, 2 days old, I remember when the 86gsxr750 hypnotized me, the Busa put me in a trance and has basically commanded my life since I first set eyes on it, I couldn't sleep at night, it was the 5 aces of the sportbike world, in 2002 it was mine, i felt like Chuck Yeager on an Apollo mission, changed my life!

I think now that the Busa has succumbed to the liter bikes in the HP and top speed wars the Busa takes top spot the category it initially set out to achieve, a fast, efficient and very comfortable sport touring bike, not to mention its exclusive styling..

the Busa got caught up in the speed/power drama due to its engineering and overall flexibility in modifying to extreme power..

but lets not forget the gen1 base model in all its glory, a low compression big bore capable of 50mpg on the freeway, rubber isolated rear sets and clip ons for unheralded comfort with styling that has yet to be matched...

how many remember the colossal chubby that copper silver inspired the first time you set eyes on one sitting there on the dealer floor?

I hadn't even heard of the Busa when me and my cuz stumbled onto one at Aurora Suzuki in Seattle, copper, 2 days old, I remember when the 86gsxr750 hypnotized me, the Busa put me in a trance and has basically commanded my life since I first set eyes on it, I couldn't sleep at night, it was the 5 aces of the sportbike world, in 2002 it was mine, i felt like Chuck Yeager on an Apollo mission, changed my life!

You hit it right in the bull's eye! The copper and silver was the best color scheme to date not to mention the styling of the bike!

I never even wanted a Busa, didn't care much for the bulbous styling, couldn't figure out why anybody would need that much power. But then I made the mistake of actually riding one and could not get it out from under my skin.

I wish all my mistakes were this good! :beerchug:

- Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles[/url]

bking? :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been a few sportbikes over the years that have claimed to out perform the Hayabusa since 99. Overall, the facts and legend of the Hayabusa cannot be denied as king. Its great to be a part of history!
Posted via Mobile Device

"HAYABUSA" is D@mn near a household word in my neck of the woods...or should i say "swamps"...say it...and 9 x's out of 10 eveyone from kindergartin kids too housewives know exactly whatcher talk'in 'bout...conversly?..mention the competition and they're like..

ZX what? :laugh:

oh...ya mean a ninja?...

weren't they made like back in the mid '70's? :rofl:

and as a result?..the aftermarket for the busa is of epic proportions...and while i've seen literally dozens if not 100's of turboed busa?..i've yet to encounter my 1st turboed 14..in real life...not pics off the net.

That said?...I have a very close friend who rides a ZX14..nice bike buts it's bugging him out cause his grey scale digital info just took a shid on him..analog tach & speedo still works but...all else is a dead screen..and he's somewhat of a silverspoon perfectionist...so now he swings by in his Black convertible BMW 650I..i really like that car! :thumbsup:

Back