The busa presence!

P.S. It irritates me that a moderator on this board would over generalize and negatively stereotype why a motorcycle rider buys a Hayabusa. In light of how many of these riders on this very board have supported one another and helped each other out. That does not sound, to me, like an image fixated, apotheistic, Newb-poser trying to purchase skill or street cred. I have met some of the members of this board, albeit a small contingent, and your analysis is way off base. In fact, most of the Busa riders I have met are not the type of person you have outlined as ‘so many Busa purchasers.’ Normally ignorant internet chatter does not bother me but your comments seemed misplaced, poorly formulated and negligent. There are good people on this board that have gone above and beyond for others and your comments slander, not only them, but Busa riders everywhere.

This would have not have bothered me and I would not have posted anything if you were not a moderator on this board. I expect more from the moderators of this site. For those that have the power to censor, delete and ban I expect them to rise above this type of commentary.

All “hugs†aside, if you don’t understand what the Busa is all about, why it is so popular, why it was so innovative and why it still has so much relevance then perhaps this is not the message board for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I believe that everyone with an opinion they feel like sharing should have a well informed, well thought and somewhat objective opinion.

Sorry for the rant. I’m just tired of over generalization, slander and trash talk about good people. It disappoints me the most when I see it from someone who is a representative of this site.

soapbox.gif
Rev wasn't talking about the people on this board in his post. You talk about people coming together on here to help each other out in a time of need. The moderators of this site do it for free! They keep this board clean and usually take alot of crap for it. He was just stating a fact that there are people out there that just buy a Hayabusa to say that they have a bada$$ bike and if you look at the back tire the wear strip ios about three inches wide. If you choose to stick around here long enough you will see what he means by someone buying a busa as a first bike and people dropping them in the parking lot becasue they are too big for a new rider most of the times. Before you go bashing a Mod on here you should at least know what kind of person they are that way you will know where they are coming from.
I have been here since 2004 but I have not been posting the whole time. I was not bashing, I was citing what he wrote and how I interpreted its application to other Busa riders. I could have been in error, but I was still disappointed. The only way I can know him is from what he writes and what he wrote bothered me and I felt I had to say something.

I have been around long enough to see people buying a Busa a first bike. It bothers me too but I would not make the assumption that they are all “posers.†I have seen a lot in my years of riding and working in Healthcare.

I am not trying to incite anything. I was just disappointed in his comments regardless of his contributions to the site. I felt his comments were “bashing†busa riders everywhere. As I said, I might have misinterpreted his meaning. If so, I apologize. All I had to go on is what he wrote.
I'd recommend just chilling out, and taking a long hard look at a good number of the folks you see out there on the streets and on the board.  You'll see what I am talking about clear as day.  No need to get all excited, no need to write a long diatribe, it's just the truth.

The Busa attracts ALOT of highly skilled experianced riders looking for something a little more comfy on the streets than their wore out Gixxers.  This is true.  

BUT

ALL DAY at the Dealership I see one Numbnut after another throw his leg over the Busa, get all sprung thinking he's a super hero now, only to have it come back two days later all mangled.  I dunno how much time you spend at your local dealership, and I don't give a shid, I spend hours watching the sales floor and I believe I am in a pretty damned good position to know exactly who is buying Hayabusa's and why.  I have seen about 3 go out the door in the last year that are being put to good use.  The others?  Fuggin Shattered dreams and Posers, looking to impress SOMEBODY cause Mama didn't love em' enough, I dunno...  

SO, seeing as I am actually in the Industry, previously as a Parts Guy and now again as the Art Director for the Largest Multi-line Dealership in the NorthWest I think I know of what I speak, and it's unfortunately what I see a whole lot.

You can go get fugged with your Harley/Buell Comments though, and I don't feel I have to justify the Breadth and depth of my "Hayabusa Experiance"  IT'S a GREAT BIKE...  BUT It's JUST A BIKE! GET OVER IT!

It doesn't make us cool, It won't make us smarter or more handsome, and despite what you've heard or was hoping was true...  NOBODY GIVES A FUG ABOUT US OR OUR BUSA'S outside the .org, it's true.

It's arrogant, VERY ARROGANT of Busa OWNERS to assume that so many other folks wish they were on Hayabusa's too, or that other riders are "JUST Envious".  It's just not the case.  The Busa is a great bike, but it's not exotic, any fool can buy one, they are made by the thousands. But, lots of people simply have NO INTEREST in a  comfy, fast "Sport Touring" bike.

We love it, we love the people that are into it but beyond that nobody cares, it's just another Rice Burning "Crotch" rocket, or Fuggin Bulletbike.  The General populace doesn't care...

Sorry to let you down, sorry you got your feelings hurt.  I'll buy you a Latte or something...

smile.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Rev
Hey Rev, uhhhhhh my feelings were hurt too.... I will take a Java Chip frap....
poke.gif
those things are like a freakin frozen coffee dessert though.....
tounge.gif

I took what Rev said like many others on the board. It seemed like you were bashing the busa owners. Bottom line, I love my bike, riding it, and being on this board. There are many other bikes that are nice, but I have loved the busa since day 1 and now that I own one. I am glad that I made the choice. I have riden many different bikes and none of them compare to the busa. I am big guy and I like to be comfortable. The busa is long, heavy and comfortable. I tell people all the time I would have bought it with a 600cc motor because I love the look that much. (Well, maybe a 1000cc:)) It wasnt top speed for me, it was being comfortable for long rides.

I am proud of what I have and so is everyone else on this board.

Just my 02.

Funny.  What most of you have forgotten is that your vehicle choice is a personal preference.  What you do to or with it is also a personal preference.

Some people like lowrider trucks and cars, some people raise them up to the sky.  Neither way is all that practical, and both ways can render the original vehicle's intent useless.

Some people customize their vehicles because they like the way it looks, some people do it for performance.  You really can knock either position.  It's all personal preference.

All you lowriding, extended swingarm, fat tire kit and dare I say 'brotha' hating people probably haven't even come close to realizing the full potential of this beautiful machine on the streets or on the track.

Sometimes people on this board crack me up.  They post the dumbest shiz like look at my latest mod, I changed the air pressure in my tires!  Get real people. No one complains when someone puts 50 lbs of gear, beetle bags, bar risers, lower pegs, larger windscreen and makes their busa more touring than sport!

So whether or not you THINK someone wants 'street' cred or is a wanna be, you're forgetting the common thing here.  We all love motorcycles, in particular we love our Busas.  You bought a machine you can't REALLY use, you are no different, brotha.

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149857796 -->

Simple as this:
With all B.S. aside almost everyone with a brain knows the Busa is tops!
No more needs to be said!

cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

Yesterday I had a coworker from another dept call me because he's purchased an M109...he talked about his bike a lot, but kept going back to the Busa and he too called it an icon
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
Have you sat on the M109 yet VA?  That thing is a BEAST, it's Huge...  Looks nice though, I think it'll be a hit.
I have a silver 109, and an '06 red/black busa, both are great bikes.

It doesn't make us cool, It won't make us smarter or more handsome, and despite what you've heard or was hoping was true...  NOBODY GIVES A FUG ABOUT US OR OUR BUSA'S outside the .org, it's true.

Sorry to let you down, sorry you got your feelings hurt.  I'll buy you a Latte or something...

smile.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Rev
What??!!!
You mean my Hayabusa doesn't make me smarter or more handsome??!@!!??!!  DAMN IT!!  Why didn't anybody tell me!!

Oh.. I'll take a Venti Iced Chai...

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Funny. What most of you have forgotten is that your vehicle choice is a personal preference. What you do to or with it is also a personal preference.

Some people like lowrider trucks and cars, some people raise them up to the sky. Neither way is all that practical, and both ways can render the original vehicle's intent useless.

Some people customize their vehicles because they like the way it looks, some people do it for performance. You really can knock either position. It's all personal preference.

All you lowriding, extended swingarm, fat tire kit and dare I say 'brotha' hating people probably haven't even come close to realizing the full potential of this beautiful machine on the streets or on the track.

Sometimes people on this board crack me up. They post the dumbest shiz like look at my latest mod, I changed the air pressure in my tires! Get real people. No one complains when someone puts 50 lbs of gear, beetle bags, bar risers, lower pegs, larger windscreen and makes their busa more touring than sport!

So whether or not you THINK someone wants 'street' cred or is a wanna be, you're forgetting the common thing here. We all love motorcycles, in particular we love our Busas. You bought a machine you can't REALLY use, you are no different, brotha.

I'm pretty sure we are arguing the same point from slightly differen't directions...
soapbox.gif

But, my point is still valid and really it applies to most Sportbikes out there. Public roads are really poor places to even TRY to ride a modern sportbike at it's limits. The difference here is that some of us know that the Busa is already overkill for public roads, and others want to keep packing on mods they cannot use. While it's true it's fun and entertaining and there are definitely guys who just Modify to modify and that's cool. It's the guys that Modify and turbo etc because "the stock Busa is just slow", yadda yadda (instert chest thumping BS here)

As for the Lowriding, extended... "Brotha" hating thing, I don't think so, and I know I didn't make the "Brutha" Remark here. But I gotta tell ya, the Slammed fat tire extended swingarm thing is a crime against nature and all that is good.
smile.gif
It's like Spinners on a fuggin Ferrarri, or 26" wheels on the H2, "ClownShoes". But it's not a Brutha thing, it's a bucket-head thing, I dunno where you got Brutha from...
thumbs-up.gif

I have buddies and friends here on the board and out in the world that turbo em', slam em', and Chrome em', hell even remove brakes for appearance sake... WTF? But what are you going to do, they are friends with different tastes and different Ideas about what is cool. Simple, and I haven't lost sight of that, and that isn't really what I'm talking about.

What I am talking about are the folks who didn't purchase the Busa because "THEY" liked the way it looked, or liked the comfort and performance. NOPE, I'm talking about the people picking them up because of the "Hype", the percieved "IMAGE", and the "I'll be faster than (insert name) Now by Golly." People who make the purchase for "Image", or "Lifestyle", similar to a lot of Harley's customers.

You know em, you've seen em' out on the roads, and you know what I'm talking about probably.

Look, if the shoe fits, get upset and b!tch at me, but for the most part I don't think many of us here on the board fit my description too well. I understand a healthy love for the busa, hell I talk to Lilah like she's going to answer back, and she's parked in a place of honor on nice carpet and is never fed anything but the best so I understand the obsession. It's the silly assumption that other people out there give a rats a55 about what you're riding that cracks me up. It's the "I'm cool" because people are looking at me mentality that's comical, and that is what I am talking about. It's total Harley too, check out my big Manley bike... Sheesh. NOT so much the being obsessed so much as thinking that the rest of the world gives a fug. We all get looked at out on the bikes, but this doesn't MEAN WE ARE COOL... It's just a neat looking bike and that is all that 90% of the people looking are thinking, just as if they were looking at any other bike or Car. It's the delusion that riding the Busa makes you tougher, cooler, smarter, prettier, whatever, that I am talking about and it's pretty common.

Thus my comment, the Busa is just a fuggin bike. A great Bike, and personally I think it's one of the best ever and so do a lot of others. But it doesn't mean shid to the rest of the world by and large...

rant.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149870661 -->

It doesn't make us cool, It won't make us smarter or more handsome, and despite what you've heard or was hoping was true... NOBODY GIVES A FUG ABOUT US OR OUR BUSA'S outside the .org, it's true.

Sorry to let you down, sorry you got your feelings hurt. I'll buy you a Latte or something...

smile.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Rev
What??!!!
You mean my Hayabusa doesn't make me smarter or more handsome??!@!!??!! DAMN IT!! Why didn't anybody tell me!!

Oh.. I'll take a Venti Iced Chai...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Yeah I know I was pretty Pissed off too... But A Flashy Helmet can divert a lot of attention away from my mug so that helps...

It's the helmets that make us more sexy...

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Rev
Hey Rev, uhhhhhh my feelings were hurt too.... I will take a Java Chip frap....
poke.gif
those things are like a freakin frozen coffee dessert though.....
tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]
Java Chip Frap, no worries but you are going to have to come get it...
thumbs-up.gif

Goes for the rest of you bastids too, if you need a hug and Latte' come see me...
smile.gif

He he... Hugs are going to cost ya a $1 though.

I have been on the site for a couple of months now and tell everyone about how great it is, HOWEVER this thread has just made me question my opinion.

I am first very surprised, that as a moderator, Rev would use vulgarity or pseudo vularity in his responses. I know there is no pay for such work, but I still expect the moderators to set an example here. Considering my 15 yr old son enjoys looking through the threads as well, I just don't see a need for vulgarity in writing.

The second thing that upsets me is the constant "pointing of fingers" at a guy who buys a Busa for his first bike. What is the big deal? The great thing about this country is you can do what ever you want within the rights established by our great constitution. So a guy wrecks, falls over in a parking lot, etc does that mean he does not have or is not developing a passion for motorcycles? By the way, I have a 3 inch wide wear mark in my rear tire.....That means I should sell my Busa? For me it means that I commute 200 to 500 miles per week on a freeway. I have just decided that one of these get togethers may not be a good thing. Maybe I am not as good of a rider as others, maybe I cant touch a knee in a corner, maybe I dont' have all the right gear, I don't know as much about mechanics....This site is staring to sound like if you are not an expert in all aspects of the motorcycling world, you are really not welcome here.

I hear talk how those new buyers are suffering from emotional trama as a child, but I am starting to hear people on this website that might be good riders but are suffering as well. If you want an exclusive club for "racers" then call it that. If you want a site that welcomes anyone that is "in love" with the Busa or starting to fall in love, then accept anyone whether they are new, novice, customizers, etc. This is actually what I thought the site was about. It gives a new guy a wealth of knowledge, not to mention experience riders who they can ride with.

Please tell me everyone is just having a bad day!!

I have been on the site for a couple of months now and tell everyone about how great it is, HOWEVER this thread has just made me question my opinion.

I am first very surprised, that as a moderator, Rev would use vulgarity or pseudo vularity in his responses. I know there is no pay for such work, but I still expect the moderators to set an example here. Considering my 15 yr old son enjoys looking through the threads as well, I just don't see a need for vulgarity in writing.

The second thing that upsets me is the constant "pointing of fingers" at a guy who buys a Busa for his first bike. What is the big deal? The great thing about this country is you can do what ever you want within the rights established by our great constitution. So a guy wrecks, falls over in a parking lot, etc does that mean he does not have or is not developing a passion for motorcycles? By the way, I have a 3 inch wide wear mark in my rear tire.....That means I should sell my Busa? For me it means that I commute 200 to 500 miles per week on a freeway. I have just decided that one of these get togethers may not be a good thing. Maybe I am not as good of a rider as others, maybe I cant touch a knee in a corner, maybe I dont' have all the right gear, I don't know as much about mechanics....This site is staring to sound like if you are not an expert in all aspects of the motorcycling world, you are really not welcome here.

I hear talk how those new buyers are suffering from emotional trama as a child, but I am starting to hear people on this website that might be good riders but are suffering as well. If you want an exclusive club for "racers" then call it that. If you want a site that welcomes anyone that is "in love" with the Busa or starting to fall in love, then accept anyone whether they are new, novice, customizers, etc. This is actually what I thought the site was about. It gives a new guy a wealth of knowledge, not to mention experience riders who they can ride with.

Um, No worries man, just take a deep breath and relax. Seriously.

Rubbah is on his way and he'll get you a Latte' and a Hug.
smile.gif

OK OK, (Shhhhh, Don't tell anyone but this is what's called "Rev stirring the pot.")

It happens once in awhile, give the board members that are feeling froggy an opportunity to pounce. It's kind of like fishing but I use a differen't bait. As for the "fug" and "shid" they are what IS sorta acceptable here on the board. Go anywhere else and you'll hear far worse. This is a great board, just don't be so ready to get your feelings hurt.

If this place was for Experts only there would be about a dozen members.
thumbs-up.gif
But if you read what I've written and you get your feelings hurt then maybe you should consider why you bought the Busa and see if you really fit the description. If you do then I'd recommend selling the Busa and getting something more suitable, like a Vespa or a Corvette. If NOT and what I am carrying on about doesn't fit? Then I wouldn't worry about it and have a Latte'...

Rev

Oh and Just an FYI, I'm kinda the SOB moderator. I do ALOT of house cleaning, so you could call me the SOB Janitor of H.org.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149873170 -->

smile.gif

I am first very surprised, that as a moderator, Rev would use vulgarity or pseudo vularity in his responses.  I know there is no pay for such work, but I still expect the moderators to set an example here.  Considering my 15 yr old son enjoys looking through the threads as well, I just don't see a need for vulgarity in writing.

The second thing that upsets me is the constant "pointing of fingers" at a guy who buys a Busa for his first bike.  What is the big deal?  The great thing about this country is you can do what ever you want within the rights established by our great constitution.  So a guy wrecks, falls over in a parking lot, etc does that mean he does not have or is not developing a passion for motorcycles?  By the way, I have a 3 inch wide wear mark in my rear tire.....That means I should sell my Busa?  For me it means that I commute 200 to 500 miles per week on a freeway.  I have just decided that one of these get togethers may not be a good thing.  Maybe I am not as good of a rider as others, maybe I cant touch a knee in a corner, maybe I dont' have all the right gear, I don't know as much about mechanics....This site is staring to sound like if you are not an expert in all aspects of the motorcycling world, you are really not welcome here.

I hear talk how those new buyers are suffering from emotional trama as a child, but I am starting to hear people on this website that might be good riders but are suffering as well.  If you want an exclusive club for "racers" then call it that.  If you want a site that welcomes anyone that is "in love" with the Busa or starting to fall in love, then accept anyone whether they are new, novice, customizers, etc.  This is actually what I thought the site was about.  It gives a new guy a wealth of knowledge, not to mention experience riders who they can ride with.

Um, No worries man, just take a deep breath and relax.  Seriously.

Rubbah is on his way and he'll get you a Latte' and a Hug.
smile.gif

OK OK, (Shhhhh, Don't tell anyone but this is what's called "Rev stirring the pot.")  

It happens once in awhile, give the board members that are feeling froggy an opportunity to pounce.  It's kind of like fishing but I use a differen't bait.  As for the "fug" and "shid" they are what IS sorta acceptable here on the board.  Go anywhere else and you'll hear far worse.  This is a great board, just don't be so ready to get your feelings hurt.  

If this place was for Experts only there would be about a dozen members.  
thumbs-up.gif
 But if you read what I've written and you get your feelings hurt then maybe you should consider why you bought the Busa and see if you really fit the description.  If you do then I'd recommend selling the Busa and getting something more suitable, like a Vespa or a Corvette.  If NOT and what I am carrying on about doesn't fit?  Then I wouldn't worry about it and have a Latte'...

Rev

Oh and Just an FYI, I'm kinda the SOB moderator.  I do ALOT of house cleaning, so you could call me the SOB Janitor of H.org.  
smile.gif
Wow...

I believe that any productive discourse has long since been covered now. After reading through this thread I don’t feel that anything else positive will likely come from me engaging in further debate.

I think I just need to let this go.

AlohaBusa, I did have a bad day yesterday. I would not worry about a meet up with the people here from the org. In my experience, the behaviors and judgments of the members of this board that I have met are not concurrent with what I have read throughout this thread. No worries; come out and meet us. I like meeting other bike owners, especially Busa owners, and seeing their rides.

afro.gif

smile.gif

Well.. It appears everybody's shared their opinions.. Very good.. Time to move on..

Just as long as we keep the 'man hug' references to a minimum..
smile.gif
ie.. "hayabrokebackbusa.org"....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Well.. It appears everybody's shared their opinions.. Very good.. Time to move on..

Just as long as we keep the 'man hug' references to a minimum..
smile.gif
ie.. "hayabrokebackbusa.org"....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Aww, so Soon?

No Man Hugs?

ROTFL...

How about hearty "GoodGames?"

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The second thing that upsets me is the constant "pointing of fingers" at a guy who buys a Busa for his first bike.  What is the big deal?  The great thing about this country is you can do what ever you want within the rights established by our great constitution.  So a guy wrecks, falls over in a parking lot, etc does that mean he does not have or is not developing a passion for motorcycles?  By the way, I have a 3 inch wide wear mark in my rear tire.....That means I should sell my Busa?  For me it means that I commute 200 to 500 miles per week on a freeway.  I have just decided that one of these get togethers may not be a good thing.  Maybe I am not as good of a rider as others, maybe I cant touch a knee in a corner, maybe I dont' have all the right gear, I don't know as much about mechanics....This site is staring to sound like if you are not an expert in all aspects of the motorcycling world, you are really not welcome here.
Don't feel that way...and don't let one thread taint your view of this board or its members.  We have a great group of members here, all willing to step up and help.  You won't find a larger group of people trying to act like adults when you have questions...

As for meeting up with guys and gals from here?  I have yet to meet a member from the org that I didn't like, and Revlis was the first LOL  Poor Rev...I've met many, many members from this site, all amazing people, some better riders than others, some more mechanical than others, some younger or older than others...pretty much guys and gals from all walks of life that are a blast to ride with, to talk to, to hang out with...I can tell you that the members I've met DO NOT judge except in jest (believe me, they poke fun at my chicken strips on a daily basis here, but deep down, I know it's all in fun and I don't take it to heart)...trust me, you won't meet/ride with a better group than you'll find here...

smile.gif

Alohabusa... As with all parts of life there are somethings you just shrug off. I think this post is a great example of one of those things. As for sensorship, you stated that, "The great thing about this country is you can do what ever you want within the rights established by our great constitution" so why be concerned that you 15 year old son see some vulgarity, once again a part of life, he I am sure will read right through the vulgarity and hopfully see the diveristy of opinions on each and every subject on this board. Don't let one post (even if it has strayed off track) sway your decision to leave such a great wealth of knowledge behind. Just my two cents.

Enjoy the ride.
beerchug.gif

Dang!!! What's going on with all of the negative remarks. Brutha this, brutha that. I think all of us have lost focus of what the post was. I myself have a very high esteem of the Busa motorcycle and I am confident to say that the other owners of this bike feels the same way. Sure there will be people that purchase this bike as their first bike (whether by word of mouth or their own experience) and there are others that purchase it because of comfort or whatever suits your fancy.

I have been an owner of the Blue Devil for 2 years now and I love my bike the same way I did since day 1. The mods that many people do is to make the bike their own and that includes lowering, stretching, custom paint jobs, engine mods, ect. Heck we all will do something to make our bikes stand apart from the next bike. Look at this way, Suzuki have made several hundreds of bikes through the years that look the same. So I myself DO NOT want to be like the next guy that has a 01 Busa. Will others feel the same as me? Maybe.....Maybe not...It doesn't matter.

What makes this board great is that all of us share a common interest and that is that we are proud owners of the Hayabusa motorcycle. Yeah, there will be some out there that had different intentions on why they got the bike but I am confident that the person that started this thread did not have the intent of where this has gone.

Let's get back to the crust of the matter and that we are here on this thread (IN PARTICULAR) to have a chance of how proud we are to be an owner of a Busa (customized or not).

Peace out....from a Brother (not Brutha)

Back