A motorcycle shop owner who has both a 14 n a busa

thanx for the post , one of my close friend's got an 06 Zx14 and i've made several miles with it , it doesn't feel like a sportbike , the feeling when you're riding is closer to a cruiser bike , performances are very similar not too much difference , but i have to say Zx14 is better than busa in front brakes ...

in my opinion Busa is the best in it's class , i will never trade a busa for a Zx14 ...

(1300hemibusa @ May 14 2007,23:55)
(DaCol. @ May 14 2007,17:31)
lurk.gif
all_coholic.gif
I've rode the 14, and really don't agree with him EXCEPT on paper. The 14's guages and bars look and feel alot more forward to me than my Busa. And as far as the LOOKS
SHOCKED.gif
, I still don't like the grills or the rear end. So, opinions are just that, opinions
wink.gif
! My opinion, the Busa is still the best. I noticed that he didn't mention the 14's cylinder block which I understand can't be honed for enlargement because of the way the cylinders and block is made. So, what's so great about the 14 over the Busa, well I think it's like my buddies 14, IF YOUR A KAWA-SAKI GUY, that's all that's needed. If not (like me) , the 14 isn't such a big deal
beerchug.gif
It can and has been bored 2 or 3 mill over .. Carpender offers a 1417 kit as well as a stroker 1500+ kits ..

I just don't know where you guys get this bad info ...
Not familiar, are they replacing the jugs to increase the bore
rock.gif

(dadofthree @ May 16 2007,08:59) Not familiar, are they replacing the jugs to increase the bore
rock.gif
They are pulling the engine out of the frame and splitting the cases to do it whereas the Busa can be worked with the engine in frame .

The 14's cylinder's are cast intregal into the upper case half . Yamaha as I recall was first to do that with the early R1 engine but went back to a conventional block in 2004 ------ they must have learned something  .

Anyway new technology smew technology . The 14 is built typical Kawasaki style with hotter cams and more compression than most their comparitive competitors . I realized early on that Suzuki could have built the Busa with more compression and better cams than those Subaru type things they put in the bike so I took a new 2005 model with stock exhaust and did just that long before the 14 was released and I ain't looking back or looking to trade down anytime soon .

Stock to stock the GSXR1000 is reigning king of the streets anyway  
biggrin.gif
 It always somehow gets forgotten so it seems .

And there are plenty standard bore Busa's running in the 8's . It's don't take a 1397 to do it .

Steve Jester is just one of them

(mountainmotor @ May 16 2007,07:50) And there are plenty standard bore Busa's running in the 8's . It's don't take a 1397 to do it .

Steve Jester is just one of them
NOS
rock.gif

Nope on the nitrous but there are plenty of those too.

Stock pipes and engine , a good dry shot and they are off into the 8's
smile.gif

Good info from an unbiased person. But considering the mentioned better braking and more power I am still not even remotely swayed to buying a 14 over a Busa.

My analogy: The Busa is like the hot, tanned, mini-skirt wearin' busty blonde walking into a club that grabs everyone's attention. While the ZX-14 is more like...

her ugly friend.  
crazy.gif

Sure maybe one will put out faster. But which one do you really wanna hit?  
wink.gif

laugh.gif

(nocturnal @ May 23 2007,18:54) Good info from an unbiased person. But considering the mentioned better braking and more power I am still not even remotely swayed to buying a 14 over a Busa.

My analogy: The Busa is like the hot, tanned, mini-skirt wearin' busty blonde walking into a club that grabs everyone's attention. While the ZX-14 is more like...

her ugly friend.  
crazy.gif

Sure maybe one will put out faster. But which one do you really wanna hit?  
wink.gif

laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
thats one funny analagy man but probly true

I own a 14 a stock busa and a turbo busa. Granted i haven't gotten in alotta seat time this year But my opinion is i actually like both of them looks wise the busa a bit more but as far as performance and handleing. I feel it comes down alot to the rider. As far as twisties go with either bike I think there pretty equal with what riding experince i have had. they are right the 14 dose feel lighter then the busa but when your railing a bikes you don't notice the diffrence that much. Granted i do feel the 14 is a bit more harder on the wrist in stock form and is a bit more cramping on the legs is where i notice it the most. more so then over the arm part. Granted if your shorter then 6'2 you probly won't complain.

Well thats my piece anyways i got each and well i like them both in there respects.

as far as milage goes my 14 actually dose about the same as the stock busa. but the 14 is also geared higher outta the factory then the busa also.

beerchug.gif

Back