Interesting situation for a motorcycle shop owner. Would you give them your business

Re: Interesting situation for a motorcycle shop owner. Would you give them your busi

Well, if he knows how to steal bikes, there's a fair chance he probably knows how they work, so he should be able to fix them. Which would give him an advantage over the average snot-nosed apprentice working at a dealership.

Anyway, stealerships pretty much rob/rape you every time you walk through the front door, so this is completely appropriate, IMO.

Re: Interesting situation for a motorcycle shop owner. Would you give them your busi

Here is my opinion...

That scum should burn in hell!

No way in hell would I knowingly let someone like that by my motorcycle.

Here is my opinion...

That scum should burn in hell!

No way in hell would I knowingly let someone like that by my motorcycle.

Not only would I not want my bike there I wouldn't want the shop to have any of my personal info on file or in a computer. Would you give a reformed pedophile a second chance at teaching, a bank robber the job as a teller at a bank or a security position on armored car service??? I don't think anyone would. Do you give a convicted drunk driver a second chance at driving they all get a second chance and a good % of them go right back to driving drunk, not all do some make it and take full advantage of their second chance. Second chances are rare, good for them but I doubt all his customers will feel like giving him a chance because the odds are not in his favor.

Nothing good will come out of them hiring that guy. Is he the only mechanic in that area? Or is he that good that you would risk your business on it ?? Donate to a charity if you feel the need to help out less fortunate, Don't slap all your customers in the face by hiring someone that might of stole from them in the past..

Bad move . I wouldnt have my bike worked on by them ever

The guy is a glutton for punishment, first thing that goes wrong, he's gonna have a mob after him... Even if he didn't do anything wrong..

Is he still on parole or probation? Most have stipulations barring them from anything to do with their crimes. If not he has completely paid his debt and should be given a second chance. That may be his best bet at a successful path to a contributing citizen.

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

We had a similar situation in the metro NY area about four years ago: a bike ring, over 100 bikes stolen, everybody caught. They all got jail time, the main perp was released about two years ago. Last season, he was seen walking around a large bike meet holding his cell phone waist-high, and taking pictures of motorcycle license plates . . . he showed up in the same van he originally used, with the same crew. Yeah, different guy, different place. Once a thief, always a thief? I don't know, but I would never hire someone like that to work in my shop on anything! He wouldn't get in the front door . . .

It sounds like the couple that owns this shop are nice, and their hearts are in the right place. Unfortunately, when you are in business, you can't always think with your heart, and you can't always think of yourself. They made a big mistake being nice to the wrong person, IMO. . .

wow you guys are a little judgemental

Judge was judgemental and they probably had evidence to to lock him up to, you don't keep the wolf in the chicken coupe even he eats from your hands and lets you pet him. :rofl:

Well according to what I read he was convicted and served his time. Hopefully he'll stay straight.

I am a believer that every one makes mistakes and some learn from them and some do not, that said I agree he prolly does know what he is doing (mechanic wise:whistle) but he would not be working on my stuff or anyone else from that shop for. I also feel that is a very bad decision on the owners part from a buisiness stand point.

Well according to what I read he was convicted and served his time. Hopefully he'll stay straight.

On parole and has to pay back aprox 1/2mill in $$. He's not done serving his time per say. Biggest problem is he is working right in the heart where he committed the crimes. That will most certainly have an impact on their business.

Personally I think everyone is being a bit tough on our ex inmate.

He did wrong, did the punishment, served his time and has been given a second chance.

One can use the same rationale for us Busa guys getting caught speeding. How would you feel if you may never ride a motorcycle again?

Could turn the other way and consult on how not to get your bike stolen. I'm optimistic though.

The FBI is known for hiring some of the BEST Computer Hackers in Cyber-Crime History :whistle:

Personally I think everyone is being a bit tough on our ex inmate.

He did wrong, did the punishment, served his time and has been given a second chance.

One can use the same rationale for us Busa guys getting caught speeding. How would you feel if you may never ride a motorcycle again?

Missing the point though I think. How many Busa riders caught speeding take it easy for a while then go back to speeding? Why cause they enjoy it :rofl:

Missing the point though I think. How many Busa riders caught speeding take it easy for a while then go back to speeding? Why cause they enjoy it :rofl:

Exactly.... I would NEVER patronize that shop, ever.......

Back