A motorcycle shop owner who has both a 14 n a busa

I don't really care which bike is the fastest...they are both TOO fast  
beerchug.gif

I would hope that the one with 9-10 years of technology advancements would be a bit faster, better handling, and stop better  
super.gif

A lot of people are completely missing the point here.The bottom line for us is that when manufacturers compete US (the consumers) ALWAYS win.
Why? Because that makes them get off their asses and design something newer and faster.Dont you wish suzuki makes another faster hypertouring bike? They will HAVE to if other manufacturers start making similar bikes.
Look at the literbike market.Every 2-3 yrs something significantly better is made compared to the previous generation.That wouldnt be happening if the big 4 jap companies were not competing with one another.

British "Performance Bike" magazine posted big comparison on both. I think that they not biased. Brits don`t like Busas in general. They not popular bikes there, maybe because of insurance rates, i dunno.

according to that magazine busa is still the first. They rode them at the track and Busa was first.
I can scat the article is somebody want.

good write up..heres My 2 cents..

the Kwack is a little faster..(should be)but to Me still doesnt have that planned/finished look..rear subframe and those stupid round things on the rear pegs,ulgly side profile just to name a few!!and fely really wide to Me..

I didnt ride one yet but sat on a few at the dealer(dealer said sold some 14s and lots of Busa's still!!)....also said alot of people are waitin on the new Busa...

its a fast bike and I welcome the challenge..maybe now Suzuki will finally do something!!..But IMO it will never Be as easy to work on or Build as the Busa..the bodywork(from what I hear)and everything else is a pain to take off..not to mention the intergrated block ect..gives whole new meaning to "Im going to take my motor apart for a piston kit?"yeah..and your crank too and send You whole cases out to get bored!!//screw that!!!

and I know your going to find this part hard to believe..I have a stock motored modded 04 GSXR1000,bike has a lot of gear and alot of small tricks..went out riding with 2 buddies who own 14's(who have pipes,pc gearing close rider weight ect and know how to twist the throttle) and wasnt impressed!!..they kept coming up next to me on the highway at about 80mph(when I was in 6th)they would slap down a few gears,then I would have to react..and I pulled them more than once On My little giggy!!

they swore My 1k was built ect ect ect!!!..yes I know at faster speeds the biger bike would pull..but just the stuff I seen that day wasnt too good,hardly the results them or i thought would happen from a much bigger  bike!!

the 14 is a bad bike no doubt..the Busa is a legend..and icon!!! and will most likly be along time for the 14 to reach that level............I like (could tolarate)the ALL black 14 lowered with some mods..and the looks like said will grow..but it will be beatin in the future for sure when the new bsa finally comes out!!_

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

For me this is all about love ! I know I love my Busa and don't like hearing how another bike is "BETTER". I know I couldn't always be the best in icehockey growing up,but I'm sure my POP wouldn't like hearing how this guys son is "better" than me.

TO ME, MY DAUGHTER IS PRETTIER THAN YOURS !!!!!!!!

are you going to say "yeah, she sure is" ? HE11 NO !!!!!

(BA BUSA @ May 15 2007,01:09) I don't really care which bike is the fastest...they are both TOO fast  
beerchug.gif

I would hope that the one with 9-10 years of technology advancements would be a bit faster, better handling, and stop better  
super.gif
Absolutely correct Sir!

Both are fine machines that are worthy of the loyalty and admiration they receive from their respective owners.

(MoosesBusa @ May 15 2007,06:02)
(BA BUSA @ May 15 2007,01:09) I don't really care which bike is the fastest...they are both TOO fast  
beerchug.gif

super.gif
Absolutely correct Sir!

Both are fine machines that are worthy of the loyalty and admiration they receive from their respective owners.
For Me, more power is DEFINETELY NOT an issue. What I would like to see in the next gereration and generations to come is:

Better Seat - Arm Reach - Leg Position adjustments
Better Suspention
Better Brakes
Same Basic size
LOSE 75 lb from the Wet Weight

Then, I probably wouldn't have to do anything else except BLING stuff  
tounge.gif

(DaCol. @ May 15 2007,09:13)
(MoosesBusa @ May 15 2007,06:02)
beerchug.gif

super.gif
Absolutely correct Sir!

For Me, more power is DEFINETELY NOT an issue. What I would like to see in the next gereration and generations to come is:

Better Seat - Arm Reach - Leg Position adjustments
Better Suspention
Better Brakes
Same Basic size
LOSE 75 lb from the Wet Weight

Then, I probably wouldn't have to do anything else except BLING stuff  
tounge.gif
+1

come on guys, give the zx14 guys there moment after all it took them what 7-8 years to get here.let them have there year in the sun when the 08 busa enters the seen the only time they see the busa front end is at shows or a magazine but they will get pretty aquainted with the view from behind like good little sheep when they are left behind
super.gif

(big ed @ May 15 2007,11:56) come on guys, give the zx14 guys there moment after all it took them what 7-8 years to get here.let them have there year in the sun when the 08 busa enters the seen the only time they see the busa front end is at shows or a magazine but they will get pretty aquainted with the view from behind like good little sheep when they are left behind
super.gif
Only zook 11 years to beat the zx11 .... So Kawi took 8 years , so what who cares....
ices_rofl.gif
beerchug.gif

(1300hemibusa @ May 15 2007,13:41)
(big ed @ May 15 2007,11:56) come on guys, give the zx14 guys there moment after all it took them what 7-8 years to get here.let them have there year in the sun when the 08 busa enters the seen the only time they see the busa front end is at shows or a magazine but they will get pretty aquainted with the view from behind like good little sheep when they are left behind
super.gif
Only zook 11 years to beat the zx11 .... So Kawi took 8 years , so what who cares....
ices_rofl.gif

beerchug.gif
That was then this is now.how long till the busa makes the zx14 yesterdays news & failed attempt?september 08 I believe.kawi is kickin up dust for nothing only because they see there time of glory is at a end.
firedevil.gif

I've ridden with a local bud who bought a 14...we did numerous roll-ons from pretty much everywhere and from anywhere under 100?...O-Ren would jump his 14's shid...and the lower we went?..the worse the biotch-slapp'in O-Ren put on his 14...top gear rolls from 60 were my favorite...he'd be left soundly in my mirrors in less than a 3 count with me storing up about 10-15 bike lengths on'im by 120....but by 120-140?...things went heads up...and the 14 would hang with O-Ren..but at 160?....here's comes the 14...walking up on the busa...and through 160-180?...the 14 does sorta go from a slow crawl to a brisk walk solidly overpowering my poor O-Ren in the upper spectrum of triple digits...both bikes were piped with pc's...and i ran'im to the cieling several times over..and it always played out the same..busa took a gigantic lead from 60 and he wasn't even thinking about reeling me in till 120-140'ish....then side-by-side at 160...and by 180+?...he'd have 10 lengths on me and waiving bye-bye...and my busa tops at 192....with a tight tuck and no headwinds.
laugh.gif

Still?...most sport rag editor/testers wrote/repoted that despite it's age?..the busa still handles backroad twisties better than the 14 and i hafta agree..and to think?...it took Kaw 8 years and 2 trys to barely edge out the mighty busa...proof to me that old kings never die...cause the legend definantly lives on.
biggrin.gif

It'd be just as foolish for a 14 owner to fluff off a Busa as it would be for a busa owner to fluff off a fire breathing V-Max...jmho from the street and?...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Well I love my Busa...and when I say love I will get in a fight with anyone saying their zx14 is better then my Busa. With that said, we have to realize the zx14 will have its challenges in teh first year or so...just as I'm sure the busa did and we all seem to forget. Suzuki still has 8 years on them...therefore...the new busa
firedevil.gif

Back