ZX-14 made faster 4 2008

jayy

Registered
after riding my partners 14 i must say that kaw has done a fine job in putting this bike together....it is much smoother, feels lighter and most defintley faster than my 06 busa...the 14 in my book will be my next bike.

even with a ported head air box and full exhuast on the busa....their isnt even a race its more of a rape,after doing  roll ons up and down hwy23 it is a no contest win for the 14.... that bike is fast......

for 2008 the power on the 14 has been increased.....read below

14 linky info

quote frm kaw"its massive torque, effortless power, agile handling and comfortable ergonomics, Kawasaki engineers were not willing to leave the door open to potential challengers.

Quote from me OH WELL, Its still a ZX14..
laugh.gif

The new red/flames color combo is nice. Im a bigger Kawi fan than a Zook fan given my past bikes include a ZRX and EX500, but my next kaw will be the Connie14. The web site and a ton of pix, but wheres the green? Its not a kawi with out the green!

yeah...but you have got to ride one and see the difference.....much lighter feeling being that the weight is centered down towards the bottom

I can look at it and SEE the difference.. Can you say fugly..
laugh.gif

Connie 14 is very nice,looked at one the other day.As far as the ZX,It could have 220rwhp,and alot of people still wouldn't buy it on looks alone.Center of weight being at the bottom is why it won't handle with a busa.Low center of gravity is for cages on good handling.very differant on a bike,but does make it feel lighter when on it.Not downing the 14,I just wouldn't give up my busa for one.that's just me.If ya want one,buy it.
beerchug.gif

i didnt have any problems on handling it either.....got just as low on the 14 as if I was on my busa

(jayy @ Oct. 02 2007,11:20) i didnt have any problems on handling it either.....got just as low on the 14 as if I was on my busa
Maybe you should ride the new Beemer K1200s, As it rocks in the handling department..
wink.gif

There's something for everyone, and competition breeds excellence.

Personally, I prefer my '05 LE, but I also think the black ZX14 is a sharp-looking bike.

As for the power, honestly, I could barely ride my 55-hp Ducati 750 Monster to its limits.

why would you buy a Busa if you thought is was ugly ?

My opinion, I like the 14's !! But if my only reason for getting a bike was because it was the fastest, I'd just get a Gixxer 1K !!
bowdown.gif

(jayy @ Oct. 02 2007,11:20) i didnt have any problems on handling it either.....got just as low on the 14 as if I was on my busa
laugh.gif
Yeah, we get it. You love the ZX-14. Go buy one - I'll probably own one sooner or later myself.

But if you've got a ported head and (I would only assume) the mods to go along with it (cams/pistons/etc) and your buddy is still "raping" you on his stock ZX-14, then it's the rider not the bike.

Hey john if you knew anything about a ported head you would recant that statement...and Im talking about hwy riding not quarter mile.....and to all it was just some info that I gathered for myself and shared it ....it wasnt ment to down the busa....

but as you all know everyone or most thought the busa was just as ugly as any other bike.... as far as speed Im not getting a 14 for speed.... the bike to me handles well and is far smoother and the breaks are better also

Back