New 14

lacker

Registered
Just wanted to say as a two time Busa owner,I had to take the plunge.I broke down and bought a black 14.Must say it is a very nice bike.This is my first kawi,so it was a hard swallow.Time will tell if it will perform and hold a candle to the Bus.Just wanted to say that I will miss my Busa but look forward to the New 14.More to follow Lars

You have had two busa's  and just bought the 14......and NOW you finally post to a busa board. Guess that shows the mentality of a 14 owner LOL. Just messin' with ya. If your in Burlington Ia. you should hook up with some of us in the area a ride.

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149957542 -->

Oh, that hurt
AAAssjani.gif

Having owned two Busas, maybe you can give us a true comparison of the differences ... hey, where's the pics?  We like those around here.  PICS! (And welcome - even if you did turn to the dark side.. LOL, j/k)

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149957703 -->

You guys got me,Having two busa and just now chiming in..Sorrry....Will post some pics soon,and so far just getting use to the way the bike feels.Very comfy the gauges are easy to read My busas were not unless in a full tuck.The bike has a electronic limiter from 4K to 5.5K feels slow compared to the Bus but still in break in mode(sucks)...My busa under hard accel in the first couple of gears would pull great...If you guys and gals:) get a chance there is an article on Brock Davidsons racing page,Pretty cool read .Showed the ZX14 compared to the Busa with the same mods 14 195hp BUSA 177hp Wow ....And that is a very strong busa....Lars

Sorry..I live in Burlington Washington State.Would love to go for a ride,might take a while:)
Then you can go for a ride with GSXTacys brother, he lives in Seattle. They are my sons. Hope you love the 14 and will stay with us on the org. Aside from an occasional George Foreman grill joke, we still welcome you.

Welcome. Pics are what we need to see of all the bikes. We won't hate you if you make fair comparisons between the 2 bikes. In fact, we'd just like info about it.

I would like to hear how they compare. I know that most prople here don't like the new ninja but I like it. I don't think I would ever buy one, but I think it looks pretty nice. I am excited to see what the competition has to offer against the Busa.

Who am I kidding, I just love bikes.

i for one will love to hear the comparison..as i respect all riders no matter what piece of ####, bug eyed, george forman grilling pos ...sorry got carried away...lol seriously would love to hear the comparison...i myself considered the 14 but went with my heart and the looks no matter how fast

Went for a short ride last night...Still in break in mode but,still took the tach to around 7k.First impressions.Very smooth motor no vibes.Transmission very smooth clunky shift to first?? though.I like the no linkage on the shifter works better in my opinion.Handling not sure yet handles bumps nice,feels longer than the Busa.I was very comfortable with how the busa handled,time will tell with the 14.The brakes are awesome, best I have sampled yet.The brake handle has nice feel (solid) and the brakes bite very progressive but strong.And last power:)Motor feels strong,Has a flat spot or electronic timing retard in the lower gears.Alot more noticeble than the Busa.My busa had a full yosh,1 tooth down and was dyno tuned so the Busa feels stronger right now.More to come Lars

what's this about electronic limiter from 4k to 5.5k ? ? ? something to smooth out throttle maybe?

Back