New busa for the Coach

ridercoach

Post ***** King & Local Safety Guru
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all, long time no post. But as you old timers know I got rid of my busa to purchase my new house in Deltona Florida. So its shopping time again. Here are my options. I was holding out before for the new 2005 (redesigned) busa to come out. But low and behold it did not turn out that way. I have a few good friends in the motorcycle sales industry (being a MSF Rider Coach has nothing to do with it
smile.gif
) Any rate I can pick up a 2005 busa for $11,000 out the door, but I have the opportunity to purchase a 2000 Hayabusa (with out the limiter of course) for $8,000. Here is the catch the 2000 busa has 3,900 miles on it. It was living room kept by a older gentelman. This motorcycle is in showroom condition, and I just wouldn't say that about any ole bike. So here is my problem, buy the new one for $11,000 and have it depricate but have a brand new bike or buy the 2000 for $8,000 which will hold that value for a while because its the unrestricted. Would love some insight from fellow busa riders. Im itchin to get back into the saddle of a busa, the Road King just aint doing it.

Two things:
If you know people in sales I would hope you could do a lot better then $11000 for a new one.
If the used one is in as good as shape as it sounds it would be worth looking into.  But isn't $8000 still a little high for a bike that's going on 5 years old?

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101272640 -->

simple choice:

biggrin.gif

Oh yeah....and shave a bit if yer really havin a hard time decidin. I've found that it helps take yer mind offa things for a clearer perspective.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

you could also look for any left over 04's ... I got an 02 in 03 for a song. now, I liked the colors of the 02 better, but the dealer didnt know that
wink.gif
Just another thought unless you are dead set on an 05 but I got mine under 10k out the door in NC.....they took it out of the crate just for me
cool.gif

hate to break it to ya but the 05's really did not get redesigned oh well maybe next year, i do like the 05 blue and silver though

postal on this site is selling his, might want to email him. He's got all the goodies already 8500.00
4500 miles only. Yeah and if he makes the sale tell him he owes me a "finders fee"

Just kidding, good luck though!

Two things:
If you know people in sales I would hope you could do a lot better then $11000 for a new one.
If the used one is in as good as shape as it sounds it would be worth looking into.  But isn't $8000 still a little high for a bike that's going on 5 years old?
Thanks for the input guys. Just to clarify myself, its 11,000 out the door tax tag and title. So im actually getting the busa for 9,999. A 1,000 off any bike is a great deal down in South Florida. If anyone knows where I can get a new one for cheaper (and not being a con) please let me know. I have looked into the left over '04 but no luck, they sell like hot cakes down here. As far as the 2000 busa goes, they are a rarity with such few miles and being the unrestricted version it holds its value pretty darn well. But please, if anyone knows where I can get a new busa for less than 11,000 with everything out the door please please please let me know.
biggrin.gif

simple choice:

biggrin.gif

Oh yeah....and shave a bit if yer really havin a hard time decidin. I've found that it helps take yer mind offa things for a clearer perspective.
biggrin.gif
"CLEARERE PERSPECTIVE" I cant stop freaking itching. Thanks pac for the shaving advice. Now I have razor burn all over my ass...
laugh.gif

So pac, how the heck is everything going? You get the two wheels rolling again?

biggrin.gif

Nice to see you RC! Definately go for the 2000....she's a collector's item....rare bird these days. Good luck and be sure to post some pics....what color is the 2000?

Dan
race.gif

Nice to see you RC! Definately go for the 2000....she's a collector's item....rare bird these days. Good luck and be sure to post some pics....what color is the 2000?

Dan
race.gif
Thats for bringing it up Dan, I forgot to mention the color. The 2000 is the Blue and silver. That the only color I can buy now because all my gear matched my old busa which was blue and silver.
biggrin.gif
. Besides that, it truly is the fastest color.

COACH WAIT!!!! SOME GOOD USED BIKES HERE THAT MEMBERS ARE SELLING!!!! 02 SE's and 03 SE's.... Good looking, well loved and cared for adult owned bikes....(Read as old fart owned) in a couple of cases...

I am thinking used might be the best way to go... You don't want to drop a chunk of change on an 05' only to have a totally fresh 06 show up... OR Have the New 2006 Blackbird be a truly sick creation and your holding the purse strings to a 2005 that no one will touch because the price is too high and the 06's are "SOOO COOL".... KNow what I mean. If you only spend $7000k on a used one, you'll be able to sell it again in a year for prolly $6000k at least, you'll take less of a hit if you have to trade up.
smile.gif

Not to mention, the 05 Busa has more stickers on it than paint... Cheap, uncleared stickers.... Really fuggin irritating...

Just a thought....

BAH! Everything looks good on a Black Busa... Come to the Darkside Coach, feel the REAL power.... I'll swear up and down all day, that the 02 SE's really are a little faster... No BS...

You don't want an 00' they aren't going to retain ANY more Value than any other Busa. The first years??? Maybe but we are talking Japanese bikes, not fine collectables... GO for an 02SE.... Join with us and feel the REAL POWER of the BUSA, experiance the Awesome power THAT IS THE DARKSIDE......

Dan
race.gif
Thats for bringing it up Dan, I forgot to mention the color. The 2000 is the Blue and silver. That the only color I can buy now because all my gear matched my old busa which was blue and silver.  
biggrin.gif
. Besides that, it truly is the fastest color.
You left out a very important part.  It's Blue and Silver That's the fastest color and the fastest year.  GO GET IT.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101316994 -->

tounge.gif
BAH!!! 8K for a 2K??? Ummm.... No, No, Thank you... Crazy Bastids...

I'm thinking black and purple would suit you just fine to pass ol Rev in that last few yards of the 1/4 mile...........

Two things:
Thanks for the input guys. Just to clarify myself, its 11,000 out the door tax tag and title. So im actually getting the busa for 9,999. A 1,000 off any bike is a great deal down in South Florida. If anyone knows where I can get a new one for cheaper (and not being a con) please let me know. I have looked into the left over '04 but no luck, they sell like hot cakes down here. As far as the 2000 busa goes, they are a rarity with such few miles and being the unrestricted version it holds its value pretty darn well. But please, if anyone knows where I can get a new busa for less than 11,000 with everything out the door please please please let me know.  
biggrin.gif
Crazy prices...check autotrader, west palm,new '04 or '05 for $9200 before ttl. South Fl is easy to get good deals...

if you are really interested in an 05, I'll make a few calls up here for you....I'm sure we can beat your 11k out the door but not sure what the title/xfer stuff is for NC to FL. But if you want I can make some calls
cool.gif

oh yeah, there could be a few 04s around up here, maybe even a SE all red one. like I said, if you want I can make some calls for you

Back