Is the 1999/2000 copper/silver more valuable than the black/grey?

All very good points made! I am rethinking my decision to buy this bike. Thanks!
If you got one cheap enough and wanted to ride it or maybe put under glass in your man-cave then I say go for it. If you are buying it solely for an investment, that wouldn't be the best choice.

If you are looking to invest your money, a good friend of mine who is a Chartered Accountant told me real estate is the best value for money, it appreciates better than most anything else including stock markets.

a bit different here in germany
the prices of ´99 and ´00 increase slowly per year.

slowly but they do.

a good conditioned one with around 40-45000 km is not reachable under 3800 - 4200 €
price of blue/silver seems higher than black/grey

and the gold/silver one of 99 is as seldom as the good old 5 once gold nugget in the river - no clue what their price can be

if you want a gold/silver here in germany , you only can - with a lot of huge luck - buy the plastic pieces one after the other / singly and mount em then onto your 99 busa .

a bit different here in germany
the prices of ´99 and ´00 increase slowly per year.

slowly but they do.

a good conditioned one with around 40-45000 km is not reachable under 3800 - 4200 €
price of blue/silver seems higher than black/grey

and the gold/silver one of 99 is as seldom as the good old 5 once gold nugget in the river - no clue what their price can be

if you want a gold/silver here in germany , you only can - with a lot of huge luck - buy the plastic pieces one after the other / singly and mount em then onto your 99 busa .

I've seen several '99 and '00 Busas in decent shape on Kijiji and they go for peanuts-most younger people can't afford the insurance and the rest are looking for newer bikes.

I totally agree with Berlin Germany, to find a copper and silver is like winning the lottery. Especially one that has not been modified. Hint the reason I said the copper and silver 1999/2000 hayabusa will become a collector's item. Black and Silver, Blue and Silver no problem but I challenge anyone on this site to find 2 1999/2000 copper and silver all orginal hayabusa's for sale. Trust me I've looked!!!!

I totally agree with Berlin Germany, to find a copper and silver is like winning the lottery. Especially one that has not been modified. Hint the reason I said the copper and silver 1999/2000 hayabusa will become a collector's item. Black and Silver, Blue and Silver no problem but I challenge anyone on this site to find 2 1999/2000 copper and silver all orginal hayabusa's for sale. Trust me I've looked!!!!
Guy in my area has one all bone stock, I found him on the hiway and turned around to follow along, he finally went into a coffee shop and we talked bikes for a couple hours...he bought his new and might be selling it as he isn't riding it much now...it has something like 20,000kms on it...

He rides it like it is supposed to be ridden, it was hard to keep up with him at times.

Copper was only a 99 color in the US. You'll never find a 00 US model in that color from the factory, there weren't any. If you want one, buy one, but as I said from the start and has been echoed throughout this thread, buying one as an investment is foolish.
Rarity doesn't always impart desirability.

I may just buy one this week!
I’ve found an original one owner from new ‘99 copper Busa for sale in NZ with 78000kms, in excellent condition, all original, never dropped, never repaired, never f@&d with, the guy is asking $7900.
It will cost me $400 to collect it or have it freighted to my work place.
My plan is to keep it in my house on display ands just carry on riding my current 99 Busa.
I know it will not appreciate much, if at all in value, but it’s such a rare find I really don’t want to miss this one.
Here’s some info about it...

I may just buy one this week!
I’ve found an original one owner from new ‘99 copper Busa for sale in NZ with 78000kms, in excellent condition, all original, never dropped, never repaired, never f@&d with, the guy is asking $7900.
It will cost me $400 to collect it or have it freighted to my work place.
My plan is to keep it in my house on display ands just carry on riding my current 99 Busa.
I know it will not appreciate much, if at all in value, but it’s such a rare find I really don’t want to miss this one.
Here’s some info about it...
That's not a stock exhaust....

That’s not a pic of the actual bike, just an example pic, here’s the actual bike pics...
Only cause for concern there is all those pics only show one side of the bike. But, I'm sure you'll be able to get more details before committing.

Only cause for concern there is all those pics only show one side of the bike. But, I'm sure you'll be able to get more details before committing.
Yes, I will request hi-res pics emailed to me, of every part of the bike.
I'll also ask the background info on it, it's actually a woman that is dealing with the sale of it, I doubt she will be the original owner . . it's possible I guess, but unlikely.
On the carjam site it has the safety check interval (WoF) graph from new to recent . . it has had constant useage up until a few years ago, then just a couple hundred Kms per year.

Yes, I will request hi-res pics emailed to me, of every part of the bike.
I'll also ask the background info on it, it's actually a woman that is dealing with the sale of it, I doubt she will be the original owner . . it's possible I guess, but unlikely.
On the carjam site it has the safety check interval (WoF) graph from new to recent . . it has had constant useage up until a few years ago, then just a couple hundred Kms per year.

Good luck! I almost bought one in 99 myself. And then an 03 LE and finally bought my 06 LE. I’m happy but I still like that 99.

It is definitely rare to find an unmolested '99 Copper/Silver. When I found the one that I did it had nothing to do with the future value that helped me decide to buy it. I just liked that it was the first year and had only 1 mod done to it . . . tank pad (that I have since removed). All original bodywork with only a slight imperfection on it. Just couldn't pass it up.

at yellow your 4500 $ in can are arround 3100 € and this price for a haya at 20,000 km here in germany is more or less cheap
the gen1 motor all alone with 20 k is worth of around 1800 €

at kiwi - your price would be 4,500 € and at more than 70k km this is a too high price - here in germany

but i have no clue right now what worth a gold/silver busa can have in reality here in germany / europe
because no one offers one.

so to both of you - the simple comparing of german € vs $$ in can / nz can lead to silly end

add:
a friend is rebuilding his blue/silver ´00 to gold/silver and i think he spent a lot of money for that
possibly more than 1200 €

my hint would be to do a proper market research to find founded arguments pro/against buy. ;-)

my thought is that a g/s colored ´99 is up to 2000€ more than an other ´99 or ´00

@Berlin Germany a little advice, if you want to identify with a particular individual you have to use "@" before their user name...

And yes, the owner of the '99 Busa didn't think it was worth a whole lot, I've seen copies of the '99 go for less than $3000 Cdn with a few more kms on them.

@Berlin Germany a little advice, if you want to identify with a particular individual you have to use "@" before their user name...

And yes, the owner of the '99 Busa didn't think it was worth a whole lot, I've seen copies of the '99 go for less than $3000 Cdn with a few more kms on them.
Anyone know of a 99 gold busa for sale in the us or canada?

Anyone know of a 99 gold busa for sale in the us or canada?
1580983772554.png

Back