Is a 1999 Hayabusa worth $8000 price?

Def not worth it, even at a "collector's" price I think that's too much for a 99. Get yourself a Gen II and you'll be much happier.:thumbsup:

Sorry guys but 3,300 miles is NOT a collector bike (maybe 300 miles) and NOT worth $8k IMO...

I really like the copper 99 but I got my 2008 last summer for $6600 with only 4k miles and I wouldnt trade it for that bike.

I think thats fair for a 3000 mile bike. That bike isnt going down in value with that mileage. As we all know, THAT is the bike that started it all for us... and a piece of history. :bowdown:

For arguably the most epic sportbike ever produced, I'd say a resounding yes. Its a bargain for that amount.

Over priced, you can get a Busa a few years newer and de-restric and paint for less. As a colector item I doubt it.

Somebody just posted a link to a mint 99 on craigslist in the price range your looking to pay and in the ad on cl the seller linked the bike on eBay saying his was better . Search a few pages back and you will find it .
He was asking $6500 I think ?

Here you go I found it for you
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...lean-99-coppertop-sale-dallas-craigslist.html

1999 w/6000 miles for $6500 all stock with alot of extra factory parts

Last edited:
I know how you fell about this one. I absolutely love the 99' copper and silver. Would love to own one.... but.... I have to agree with most of the people on here that unless you plan on keeping it completely stock i would keep looking for another 99 that already has some work done to it at a better price, (which you will find) or spend that money for something newer.

I ran into this same ordeal when I was purchasing my 07'. I found a 99' Busa at a dealership in Minnesota that had been "Lost" in the back (don't ask me how that happens), with 0 miles on it. They also wanted 9K for it. It would have been worth it to buy and keep just like it was with 0 miles, but I love to ride and wouldn't be able to just let it sit, or leave the thing stock, even if I had another Busa.

I like 'em stock! And someday that bike will be worth FAR more than eight large. The white ones and the copper tops are the only collectables. Get a G II? Naw, I like the original beauty not the ugly step-sister...

Oops! Gotta go!!! ;- )

Thanks for the replys. I am going to wait on a Gen II 08 or 09 that is priced to sell. If I had the extra cash I would try and get it but since I am getting a loan a Gen II is the way to go, otherwise I would have to go the credit card cash advance route and pay big interest for the 99. Take Care.

I hope to have another mint Gen II Busa soon.....:please:

If it's going to be a bike your going to go enjoy I think you would be happier on a gen 2 for the same money. Sounds like you already made up your mind :thumbsup:

Don't believe in collectibles. If I can't ride it and beat the snot out of it I don't want it... I could get one bad 1k for 8k:whistle:

NO way i'd drop 8 grand on a bike thats eleven yrs old. even though i have a 99, i kinda wish i would'a got a newer bike when i was looking. but then again mine was well below my spending price. Keep looking

It's worth $2000. It's no collector bike and you would be getting ripped off! I have a friend that collects bikes, all original serious bikes in their day. They will all be worth something some day, but in the meantime (25 years, they just sit) they rot away even in a garage (large garage). Get a 2009 and enjoy it! They are giving bikes away at the moment. A buddy just got a CBR1000RR 2009 for $8000 with zero miles on it from the dealer. They are giving bikes away! (if you have good credit.....)

I'm not even sure you could expect to get much from it as a collector bike. Very few bikes go up in price. There are several bikes that lead the way to what the busa is now and you can pick them up for under 3 grand. But I guess that is probably what they sold for 20 years ago.

Back