Is a 1999 Hayabusa worth $8000 price?

Buy the '99 for $8K, take it home, park it in the living room and enclose it with glass.

If you want to ride, though, stick with the gen 2.

I have a '99 and would be lucky to sell it for $4K, maybe 5... not that I ever would.

Buy the '99 for $8K, take it home, park it in the living room and enclose it with glass.

If you want to ride, though, stick with the gen 2.

I have a '99 and would be lucky to sell it for $4K, maybe 5... not that I ever would.

This is the right answer. If you want a garage trophy - maybe 8K but if your going to ride at all - Gen II is the right answer!

I saw a 09 White with just over 1000 miles and asking $8500 on Craigslist, Indianapolis yesterday. Brazil, Indiana I think?

Only problem, says it had been dropped off the kickstand. With minor scratches.

Jet

It's an 11 year old Japanese sportbike that has now been eclipsed (in both power and speed) by the Gen II and the ZX-14 (let's not even get into the latest literbike numbers). It has 3300 miles (not 300, not 30). And it wasn't exactly a limited production bike.

Buying this bike as a "collectible," like it's some sorta Hemi Cuda, is a joke.

Update, I passed on the high price 1999 and bought a 2009 Black (Official Color-Pearl Nebular Black / Metallic Phantom Grey) Hayabusa on Friday. Mint/Perfect Condition and 1400 miles. All stock. I'LL post pics on this site soon once I have a few mods. done. Found the bike 2 hours after posted on the local CraigsList from original owner for a sweet price of $9000. Thanks for the opinions......

Last edited:
Update, I passed on the high price 1999 and bought a 2009 Black (Official Color-Pearl Nebular Black / Metallic Phantom Grey) Hayabusa on Friday. Mint/Perfect Condition and 1400 miles. All stock. I'LL post pics on this site soon once I have a few mods. done. Found the bike 2 hours after posted on the local CraigsList from original owner for a sweet price of $9000. Thanks for the opinions......

darn good price...congrats! :cheerleader:

My 99 Going up for sale in Edmonton Alberta..62000 kms (38500 miles) (moving must sell toys)...will miss her

20180927_153254-EFFECTS.jpg

20181025_151227_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

DSC_0056.JPG

FB_IMG_1526262062014_2.jpg

Brings back some awsome memories she served you well went around the world mileage wise and will do it for someone else all over again what a legend....salute!

There is a board member here that just had almost the same miles 99 Copper stolen. To him it would probably be worth it.

Back