1999 Copper Busa....$5600??? Deal or not???

BIGDAWG

Registered
Hey guys,
I have been kepping my eyes open and just came accross this 1999 Busa, Copper/Silver color scheme. Its a Canadian bike with 30000kms or 18600 miles on it. The guy is asking $5600 US funds for it. Has K&N Filter and a 4 to 1 Hindle pipe! I was thinking for a first Busa this is a good deal. Is there anything in particular to look for on 99 models??? Any and all feedback would be appreciated!!! Cheers!!

The price seems ok to me!!

If you are buying a 99 model I suggest you check the sub frame for cracks... and al check if the starter motor has been changed in a recall, apart from all the other routine checks you do when buying a used bike

Sounds like a good deal. 5K even better. By far the rarest and cleanest of the colors of the busa. I feel in love with the original copper colors.

Ninja, you saying that makes me love mine all the more!!!

sounds like a steal to me

i have one. no other busa say, 'original' better than that year and color scheme imo. i would buy it.

i still go to wal-mart every now and then and hope they have a $1.97 model busa in that color scheme. so far, no luck.

sounds a lil high, but not too far off. See if you can wheedle him down to $5400 straight cash. $5500 is alright too...I'd jump on the deal wither which way.

Just make sure it hasn't been dumped an then touched up. Also, since it's a 99, I'd check if the chain tensioner recall was done an the subframe shid sorted out.

Again, I'd go for it. I love the Copper an Silver....just pure beauty.

A friend just got a 99 for $4500 over the winter.
Wow.I'd buy all I could find for that price.
wow.gif

That copper is a sweet color!!! I am planning to go and look at it this weekend as its about a 4 hour drive away. I am going to try and grind for the lowest possible price!!! Does anyone know how many Copper/silver were produced?
rock.gif
How do I know if that chain recall was done??? Also on the Sub Frame,is it the wldes that might crack,is that where to check?
rock.gif
Cheers!

rock.gif

Not too sure on how many were produced, but they are rare enough as is.

RE the chain tensioner recall, the owner should have the service records and that should tell you if he had it done or not. If he's not the first owner an he doesn't know jack about the bike, take down the VIN and run it at the local Suzuki to see what services were done to it.

RE the subframe, the welds you're gonna need to check are the the ones where the subframe attaches to the frame.

A pic to let you know what to look for....

subframe3.jpg

i have one.  no other busa say, 'original' better than that year and color scheme imo.  i would buy it.

i still go to wal-mart every now and then and hope they have a $1.97 model busa in that color scheme.  so far, no luck.
I have several of those models if you need one, PM me your address and I'll forward ONE to you. I bought them every time I was in there for a while since I also have the "original" color scheme.

Back