Is the 1999/2000 copper/silver more valuable than the black/grey?

If you got one cheap enough and wanted to ride it or maybe put under glass in your man-cave then I say go for it. If you are buying it solely for an investment, that wouldn't be the best choice.

If you are looking to invest your money, a good friend of mine who is a Chartered Accountant told me real estate is the best value for money, it appreciates better than most anything else including stock markets.
Thanks everyone. Was just curious. I had a new copper model in 99, rode 13k miles and sold for 2000 zx12r. I have found a black/silver 99 with 2300 miles, all stock from a guy in Houston who found at Mecum Auction in El Paso where it sat for 15 years after original older gentleman passed and kids just held onto it. I love it, but also wanted to find the copper one I had originally. You understand.

99 was the only year for the copper. I think the other color was black. 00 was blue/silver or red/grey.
Yes, 99 in the US was only copper/silver and black/silver. No other colors and as you all know the only unrestricted year with 220mph speedo, 194 mph out of box. In 2000, still had same speedo, but restricted bike bc of 99 busa riding in Europe somewhere, I think on autobahn was going exceedingly fast and someone complained to authorities, who later went to manufacturers that began the agreement of top speed restriction to 186mph. Subsequent years and to this day, speedos go to 180, although we trick them out with trds, etc. ,
Still looking for copper 99. Do you have that ladies contact who has one, and where is she on globe?

I may just buy one this week!
I’ve found an original one owner from new ‘99 copper Busa for sale in NZ with 78000kms, in excellent condition, all original, never dropped, never repaired, never f@&d with, the guy is asking $7900.
It will cost me $400 to collect it or have it freighted to my work place.
My plan is to keep it in my house on display ands just carry on riding my current 99 Busa.
I know it will not appreciate much, if at all in value, but it’s such a rare find I really don’t want to miss this one.
Here’s some info about it...
Let me know if you'd ever sell it to me stock

Yes, 99 in the US was only copper/silver and black/silver. No other colors and as you all know the only unrestricted year with 220mph speedo, 194 mph out of box. In 2000, still had same speedo, but restricted bike bc of 99 busa riding in Europe somewhere, I think on autobahn was going exceedingly fast and someone complained to authorities, who later went to manufacturers that began the agreement of top speed restriction to 186mph. Subsequent years and to this day, speedos go to 180, although we trick them out with trds, etc. ,
Still looking for copper 99. Do you have that ladies contact who has one, and where is she on globe?
Not quite, they weren't restricted until 01

Hello everyone,
I'm new here to the forum but have owned a hayabusa since 2007. I sold mines in 2016 but looking to purchase a 1999 or 2000 unrestricted for collectability.

Is the 1999/2000 copper/silver more valuable than the black/grey?

Here's my dilemma, I have an opportunity to purchase a 2000 copper/silver with 25k miles on it for 6500.dollar.

Or I can buy a 1999 black/gray with 5000 mls on it for 5200. dollars.

Although the black seems like the obvious choice every where on the internet says the copper/silver is the rarest and the one to have.

Your input is welcome and thanks in advance.
Still Enjoying my 99 copper

20180927_153254-EFFECTS.jpg

20181025_151227_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

20210506_211554.jpg

FB_IMG_1526262062014_2.jpg

Back