Registered
Just in from the dealer show in Vegas:

Two color options for the year 2000 Hayabusa

Candy Red/Silver (not maroon) No Red/Black

Blue/Silver (Blue as 99 SV650) No Blue/White

Price increase to $10,800 suggested retail

Copper/Silver -1999 only color dropped in Y2K

Black/Grey - 1999 only color dropped in Y2K

New GSXR750 headlight(R-1 style, not hayabusa styled)

Blue/White and Yellow/Black

5 more horsepower over last years bike

383lb Dry Weight

No sighting of a GSXR750sp (R7 Race Type)

The blue version is the same blue as the 1999 SV650 blue, not the traditional factory race color blue.

One mans silver is anothers grey, charcoal, or silver.
At $10,800 is it worth tradeing in? We didn't get a Red/Black or a Blue/White that most had wished for.

Sharkskinz is offering bodywork now, so it may be cheaper to run with new paint/skinz.

The bugs in the 99's have been worked out with the #108 and #109 service bulletins.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 21 September 1999).]

Hi kawabuser ,is there no horsepower increase for the busa?and no gsx 1100r?
thanks already for the info
:) jan

Thanks for the info!! Did they allow cameras in to the show? Is that the same blue that is on that Blue/silver hayabusa that was floating around sometime back ?

Candy Red and Silver sounds nice! (So does the Blue/Silver) If anyone notices any pics or additional info please let me know since I need to make a decision - preferrably by the time the 1st Y2K model arrives at the dealer. tds@brightok.net

Thanks for the info Kawabuser!

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 21 September 1999).]

I can scan and send Suzuki literature in two days.

So leave your email and you will recieve.

How many are now willing to change color for $10,800?

Yes send pics of literature please Kawabuser.
My address is listed above. I don't know of anyone that is willing to give their Busa away for nothing.(trade colors for $10,800)
But I'm willing to trade my 99' copper in for the price I discussed with my dealer plus a few bucks for a new Y2K provided I like the new colors. It also helps that the known bugs will be addressed in the Y2K too.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 21 September 1999).]

It would probably be best if I did not discuss the arrangement I have with my dealer in public.(especially before I have taken delivery) But let's just say I felt it was fair enough that it allows me to "upgrade". They told me a while back that they expected delivery of the first Y2K model in November or December. I'm first on the list for color of my choice.

KawAbuser

I would really appreciate it if you could email me the sales literature on the Bus.
At a minimum a Red&Silver picture, please please. I've been waiting a while for a Y2K.

lrussel@newholland.com

Thanks for going to the show and emailing us. We appreciate it.

Kawabuser, If you wouldn't mind could you please send me those pics also, I would greatly appreciate it. My email is

petras@cyberbeach.net

I'm purchasing a Y2k model, and I've heard that the Candy red/silver busa is really nice. I would buy a 99' but I want a Y2K :) It's probably just as nice. If not better, and well there isn't much change in the bike, except for internal things.

Back