Tell me it ain't so

Mad`

Registered
Rode the Busa to the BMW shop today to look at their new bikes.
I was standing their looking at a new 1200S (pretty bike), the sales guy came over and the first words out of his mouth were "the 1200S just set a new land speed record at Bonneville for a factory production bike 1300CC's and under".
I asked him if was sure of that and he said yes. He asked what kind of bike I rode and I told him "a Hayabusa", while pointing to it in his parking lot.
He got real quiet at that point. I took his brochure and left.

Tell me he is full of it, Please?
Mad`

They set a record in some obscure class that is regulated by FIM. They have NOT taken over any mainstream classes that the busa dominates. I can't remember the exact speed they used to claim their record but it was well under 200 mph. Bascially they laid down a run and then found a class that it was a record in. They are nowhere near being top dawg in speed.
laugh.gif
I'll try to find the info from the article I read.

Oh, and the price tag was $18,000.00 and some change. They would not come off the sticker.
Mad`

jeeepers how many 'classes' are there?

1200 - 1325.6cc that fold their mirrors in on Tuedays

Hey Mad, With your new JC tuned turbo-Busa, I don't think you'll have to worry about some little Beemer anytime soon.
wink.gif

I test rode a K1200S before looking at the Busa. Really nice bike. I do like the fact it has shaft drive... just too much to pay for it. I will get the busa for 9K less!

I'll never own a shaft driven motorcycle if i can help it.

Chains for life!

Hey does anyone want to set the world's record for human top speed- running from my kitchen to my mailbox? All you have to do is run it and get timed, since NO ONE ELSE HAS TRIED FOR THIS RECORD!

You will be rewarded with Human Top Speed World Record set in Las Vegas. True, right?

Back