try to jack my bike I don't think so

i'll try to remember NOT to ride around in that NJ area....thats one reason i dont like riding alone, exspecially at night. glad your ok...

So you dropped a 450 Pound Motorcycle and picked it up fast enough by yourself to get back on it quick enough before the driver of the Explorer could get to you and ride off without any damage...............................???

:whistle:

When I dropped my bike in my garage (wasn't paying attention) I picked it up with ease. When I tipped my brother's bike over I was so in shock and aw the adrenaline toke over and it picked it up as fast as it went down. If you can't pick your bike back up then you need to start doing some pullup's or pushup. Now if two guys are trying to bike-jack you I am pretty sure your adrenaline would be high and you'd have instant strength to pick your bike up.

Lots of parts in Jersey I don't ride solo because of this can happen to anyone. My older brother lives in a bad part in northern Jersey and don't go over his house at night on my bike, that's just asking for trouble.

Lol, just know where in NJ you can ride solo at night time. No different then walking at 2am in D.C. by yourself.

f-en animals! I take it u didnt get a plate?

if there is blood on ur helmet make a police report and have them swave the helmet for blood. chances are their convicted felons and there DNA will be on file as corrections puts every felons DNA on file now and have for many years. that would be the easiest case to solve and would be solved sooner or later. dont under estimate the police in a situation like that. im sure u were not their first victim.

scum like that deserve to spend some time in jail. its only a matter of time b4 they try to jack someone else.

Then they can sue you for damages.. Wait for it...... :banghead:

Yeah! So the next time the bad guy gets out of the Explorer and he also is packing, you two can shoot it out like the old
west :poke:. Maybe a stray bullet in the malay will find an innocent passerby and kill them. Great idea!

Get yourself some insurance and cover your losses :whistle: Combine that with staying out of the hood.

It's my opinion that guns are not the answer. I don't get it and I really don't want to.
Nice job on the self defense.
I don't understand why people like you think guns are such a bad thing, but think becoming a victim is better than trying to protect yourself. Nobody wants to get hurt, but putting your life in the hands of somebody that cares nothing about it is more dangerous than fighting back in my opinion. If more people would start refusing to be a victim and protect themselves, criminals would be more likely to think twice about commiting crimes like this. I don't get why you bring shooting a bystander into your argument. Most people that carry guns for protection practice shooting and know you don't put one hand over your eyes while firing with the other. Would you rather pray to God that they just take your stuff and leave you alone than trying to protect yourself? What if they don't like you seeing their face and decided they don't want a witness to their crime. Just because you pull a gun on a criminal doesn't mean that you have to shoot them. More than likely they will stop what they are doing and either wait for the cops to protect them from you, or they will flee for their lives. If they keep coming closer it gives you the right to shoot them and also gives you a better target. Guns are only dangerous in the hands of criminals and in the hands of people with little or no experiance. PRACTICE! What it really comes down to is do you want to take a chance with your life by letting a criminal decide your fate, or do you want to improve your chances by stopping them. This is my opinion, feel free to disagree.
Long live Gordon Ramsey!

Glad you are okay. I spent the last two weekends in Lakewood. Had no idea sh-t like this happens. Gonna insist my friends let me park in their garage for now on! Did this happen in Howell?

Also, be aware of your surroundings to avoid these situations. People kill to kill today. Some of it's gang initiation, some of it hopelessness, some of it is just product of environment. No problem protecting my life. Would hate to kill anyone over my bike.

I agree with dadofthree. When I took the CCW class I think the instructor spent as much time talking about situational awareness (be aware of surroundings)/ confrontation avoidance, and about like what BigBo mentioned, "the giant can of worms that gets opened if you shoot someone", as anything else.
I also understand everyone elses feelings about `cappin` the bad guy and ridding the earth of a worthless scumbag. Nobody likes being violated.
Glad they didn`t get your bike, and even though your experience with the police and prior help, I still think you should have reported it..you never know they may have picked these guys up for something else that evening and you could have ID them, attempted bike jacking.

Glad you are okay. I spent the last two weekends in Lakewood. Had no idea sh-t like this happens. Gonna insist my friends let me park in their garage for now on! Did this happen in Howell?
no not howell in good old lakewood closer to brick the brick border

Yeah! So the next time the bad guy gets out of the Explorer and he also is packing, you two can shoot it out like the old
west :poke:. Maybe a stray bullet in the malay will find an innocent passerby and kill them. Great idea!

Get yourself some insurance and cover your losses :whistle: Combine that with staying out of the hood.

It's my opinion that guns are not the answer. I don't get it and I really don't want to.
Nice job on the self defense.

Then you arent asking the right questions.

Nice Job V-Twin, shame you couldnt show him what the inside of some of his squishier parts looked like.

I don't understand why people like you think guns are such a bad thing, but think becoming a victim is better than trying to protect yourself. Nobody wants to get hurt, but putting your life in the hands of somebody that cares nothing about it is more dangerous than fighting back in my opinion. If more people would start refusing to be a victim and protect themselves, criminals would be more likely to think twice about commiting crimes like this. I don't get why you bring shooting a bystander into your argument. Most people that carry guns for protection practice shooting and know you don't put one hand over your eyes while firing with the other. Would you rather pray to God that they just take your stuff and leave you alone than trying to protect yourself? What if they don't like you seeing their face and decided they don't want a witness to their crime. Just because you pull a gun on a criminal doesn't mean that you have to shoot them. More than likely they will stop what they are doing and either wait for the cops to protect them from you, or they will flee for their lives. If they keep coming closer it gives you the right to shoot them and also gives you a better target. Guns are only dangerous in the hands of criminals and in the hands of people with little or no experiance. PRACTICE! What it really comes down to is do you want to take a chance with your life by letting a criminal decide your fate, or do you want to improve your chances by stopping them. This is my opinion, feel free to disagree.
Long live Gordon Ramsey!
I respect your opinion, I grew up around them in a hunting family, "People" like me choose not to own or carry a
handgun. How many "accidents" happen every year to or by "responsible" gun owners? You would be amazed. Who says I can't defend myself? I need a gun for that? and my last question for
you is, do you ride with gloves on? How often do you "practice" shooting with them on? Long live Gordon Ramsey? What does that mean? ???

I respect your opinion, I grew up around them in a hunting family, "People" like me choose not to own or carry a
handgun. How many "accidents" happen every year to or by "responsible" gun owners? You would be amazed. Who says I can't defend myself? I need a gun for that? and my last question for
you is, do you ride with gloves on? How often do you "practice" shooting with them on? Long live Gordon Ramsey? What does that mean? ???
First and most importantly Gordon Ramsay is the man (that is what I meant). You know, the guy below your name.... Any I never said you couldn't defend yourself. Maybe you can, maybe you can't. I don't know you so it would be stupid to say either way. I have spent almost a decade in the infantry, two years of those were in Iraq. I know a thing or two about people trying to irritate me by shooting at me (you wouldn't believe how annoying that is). I know I can do some work in combat situations like that. I hope you like to read cuz you will be amazed at how few accidents with guns there really are. O ya, I have personally had my accidents with my guns when I was drunk and dealing with PTSD and crap. I got a little hurt, but no worse than I have been with a knife. I have been stabbed in the arm and had one of my arteries cut. I'm not scared of knives now either. Well, here go ahead and read up. Make up your own mind... its good reading and very intresting.
Gun Control

First and most importantly Gordon Ramsay is the man (that is what I meant). You know, the guy below your name.... Any I never said you couldn't defend yourself. Maybe you can, maybe you can't. I don't know you so it would be stupid to say either way. I have spent almost a decade in the infantry, two years of those were in Iraq. I know a thing or two about people trying to irritate me by shooting at me (you wouldn't believe how annoying that is). I know I can do some work in combat situations like that. I hope you like to read cuz you will be amazed at how few accidents with guns there really are. O ya, I have personally had my accidents with my guns when I was drunk and dealing with PTSD and crap. I got a little hurt, but no worse than I have been with a knife. I have been stabbed in the arm and had one of my arteries cut. I'm not scared of knives now either. Well, here go ahead and read up. Make up your own mind... its good reading and very intresting.
Gun Control

Guess he is still reading. :rofl: Keep a gun. Its always better to know what you are going to do instead of letting someone else make that choice for you.

i live in one of the most violent cities in the us... theres a reason i carry and i shoot VERY regularly... retreat draw warn if threat proceeds eliminate the threat

:race:..............................:crowbar:...............................:boxing:..............................:race::cheerleader:

:rofl:

Glad you are alright brotha:thumbsup:

But I do have one question.......does you hand to hand combat skills come from prior service or being a hooligan in your younger days....???:laugh:

Glad your ok from your ordeal, reminds us all to be much more aware of our surroundings. I happen to shoot all the time and love BG hunting, but have never carried while riding, something to think about. Sad that this is happening more and more by scums and I think as our enconomy blows, it will only increase. 9 yrs ago my uncle was killed in his apt in NY by robbers, they shot him first them robbed his place. They were never caught. If anyone ever broke into my home, I'd shoot first no questions asked and deal with the law afterwards. You just never know what scums will do or their intentions. It up to you to protect yourself at all times. And try to avoid riding through known bad areas. Glad your safe.

Glad your OK brother but you simply must take a little something with you, I have a little suppen suppen hidden on my bike just waiting for anyone who wants to try to "borrow" my bike. A friend of mine (sold his 1000) found a way to secure his mini baseball bat on his bike, fell off a few times but he didn't have a busa (room to hide all sorts of stuff). Hint see how much space you have on your bike, windshields are nice:laugh:

Back