So I have a conversation at the gas station...

I had some chick tell me she had a Busa when she saw mine, I asked what year it was, ans she said "I don't remember it's been over 15 years since I had it". I said "are you sure it was a HAYABUSA ?" Then she snapped back "I think I know what kind of motorcycle I had !!"

I had a chick on a Ninja comment how the Busta was fast, Lol...

I couldn't for the life of me correct her, The "busTa", I still get a laugh from that one.

I couldn't for the life of me correct her, The "busTa", I still get a laugh from that one.

At the dealer where I got my bike at, they have a sign up (that they wrote pretty big) with the correct way to pronounce it. They say they couldn't keep a straight face with some of the ways people were saying it.

Is it possible that he was actually talking about the '08?
I don't know how it goes in the U.S., but here we often get bikes registered as the previous year model, e.g. my '06 is registered as an '05, because it was sold in December 2005.

Same girl probably had a dog that was a 'Rockwilder' :rofl:
Can't tell you how many times I've heard Rottweiler pronounced like that .

I pull into a gas station one day and a guy looks at my bike and ask me... Is that the new style Hayabusa? I reply... Yes, its the new body slyle. He ask me... Did they upgrade the engine too right? I reply... Yes, they are 1340cc now. He says...Wow that a big engine upgrade, I had the older hayabusa with the smaller engine. I reply... Well, its not that small, its only 40cc difference. Then he told me... Not a big difference? Its 240cc bigger, I had the 1100cc Hayabusa. I ask him... Dont you mean 1300cc? Then he says... No it was 1100cc, it was one of the first ones. I comment... OH, OK !!!!!! And left him like that... :rofl:

Is it possible that he was actually talking about the '08?
I don't know how it goes in the U.S., but here we often get bikes registered as the previous year model, e.g. my '06 is registered as an '05, because it was sold in December 2005.

US you may have it from build date.. Mine has the 06 skins and is an LE, but is stamped 07...

I think the most logical had to be a dealer modified and the guy didn't know any better. Tells you how much he really wanted the busa, because it seems to me that most people that own a very followed/special vehicle, go out and learn all they can about that one vehicle. Like I'm fanatical about 300ZX, 240SX and now GenI Hayabusas. (May learn GenII later).. So this guy either didn't own a busa or didn't know nothing about his busa. Sounds like he was just a one up type of guy so in his mind it had a 400 tire with a twin turbo and a 100 shot on it just for kicks.. Oh and he forged the turbo by hand in his house at his kitchen table because he didn't like any current set ups on the market. I'm just say... Know what I'm sayin.. That's all I'm sayin..

Bah, Americans can't speak English anyway. :poke: (Not that "Rottweiler" is an English word, but you know what I mean.)

"Nuclear" becomes "Nuke-yuh-lur"

"Iraq" becomes "Eye-rakk"

"Aluminium" becomes "Aloo-minumm"

"Vulnerable" becomes "Vunn-ra-bill"

:poke::poke::poke:

On more than one occasion, I heard people say "bonocoly" instead of "monopoly" when they were asking for the scratch off ticket at a gas station. Not sure how they were able to screw it up that bad.

Funny how it is when you tell people you have a busa (and really do) and they dont believe you, then show up with it and their mad at you. I have friends like that around town.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've learned just to smile and walk away; it's not really worth getting into an argument with let them just go ahead and continue to make a fool of themselves :)

Funny how it is when you tell people you have a busa (and really do) and they dont believe you, then show up with it and their mad at you. I have friends like that around town.
Posted via Mobile Device
Why are they mad?

I've never had anyone question my ownership of a Busa. Most people go "Woah!"

My stepdad asked what size the engine was. I said "1300cc." He said, "WTF?!"
He didn't know there were sport bikes with such large displacement.

I had a guy on a Harley tell me that he thinks Busa riders must have massive balls. I thanked him and then said "We think the same thing about HD riders, because anyone who rides one of them is clearly not afraid of dying." :rofl:

I've learned just to smile and walk away; it's not really worth getting into an argument with let them just go ahead and continue to make a fool of themselves :)

Ditto on this.

Some where on here there is a thread where I ask about a "Baby Busa" a couple of young kids told me they rode. I did not call them out on BS, was not worth explaining it to them.

I have to agree with you on this one Skydiver! Its like getting the comments I get when I am getting gas.... "Hey nice busa!... But they are for only straight line riding and they dont corner for Sh!T!" I just smile back and keep the comment to myself! If only they knew!!! :whistle::laugh:

Back