State trooper problems---need help!!!!

You should of yelled out... OOOOoOoOoo What A Rush !

RoadWarriors.jpg

when he said the Mohawks are Legion of Doom I thought to myself so ****ing what those guys were my favorite wrestlers growing up wtf is wrong with the Legion of Doom or being a fan???

WOW !!!! Checked out that website they probably started that MC club after meeting or dealing with a trooper like the one that stopped you:rofl:

Last edited:
If you want to put a rubber chicken on your helmet, no one should say you can't.

Now you got me started.... I will say no more..............for now.

I think this is off subject, but a state might decide that helmets should meet DOT or DOT / SNELL. Drilling holes in it to mount an object or using an adhesive that weakens the shell would be a problem in that state.

But from what was stated in the first post, I don't know what this guy had going on. I know they don't like sport bikes in that area.

THEY dont mine are glued on and ill be wearing i(ha itll be the only way anyone will know me) i dont know what his deal was, i will be fighting this and i will not rip off my hawks either! mainly because i have yet to see a law that says i cannot have them:rulez::rulez::rulez: i dont know
I appreciate the help from everyone i will keep everyone updated my court date is 5 20 sooo its gonna be a fun ride hahahhaaa:rofl::rofl:

I learned today some states do enforce adding objects or modifying a DOT approved helmet.
I guess I am just happy to see them with a helmet. Helmets not required here.

THEY dont mine are glued on and ill be wearing i(ha itll be the only way anyone will know me) i dont know what his deal was, i will be fighting this and i will not rip off my hawks either! mainly because i have yet to see a law that says i cannot have them:rulez::rulez::rulez: i dont know
I appreciate the help from everyone i will keep everyone updated my court date is 5 20 sooo its gonna be a fun ride hahahhaaa:rofl::rofl:

If what you stated is fact. I would get a copy of the vid. A judge, PA won't like it at all.

I learned today some states do enforce adding objects or modifying a DOT approved helmet.
I guess I am just happy to see them with a helmet. Helmets not required here.

I know a company that would not allow spray paint or stickers to be added to their hard hats because they felt it weakened the shell.

I have to agree with the premise that it takes away part or whole of the benefit of wearing a helmet to protect my noggin.

As a local LEO. You need to get an att. and get on the NCGS website and do some research. Take the mohawks off before you go into court. When you go to court, DO NOT SHOW ANGER!! The Judge or Magistrate will slam you. Take photos of the helmet before you take the mohaws off. Just be very polite and dress nice. It goes a long ways when you look presentable in court. Try to get some other LEO's advice also. If you call your local offices, they will answer your questions immediatly or call you back with the correct answer. In the meantime, I will do some research for you and post on it later.

without an attorney how can i get a hold of the tape, contact the local headquarters? or get ahold of Raleigh, where the big headquarters is?

i did forget to mention that my brother called the law makers office in raliegh and the state trooper HQ in raliegh, they both said there was no law and the Capt my brother spoke to said that tons of guys down there have them and they dont care at all. and what so funnny is on the way home that day too cops stopped searching the mexicans car look and pointed and laughed........................:laugh::laugh::laugh:

well i jsut dont want to take them off because there is no need,, i have search the Nc law on helmets and the federal, couldnt find anything, i will be calling tomorrow to start getting an att and talking with the LEO's

and i got the how to act thing in check in court it sounds bad but i always dress nice and make sure it is a YES sir or no sir ive been there too much
to be a jerk

Last edited:
Not that I agree with the ticket, but it is to not Specification by law so. Robert is correct, about adhesives affecting the shell, it may change the characteristics of which it was originally ceritified under. It's rediculous, but it does give the LEO the reason to pull you over and check you out.

I guess I will get a ticket for having my tag veritically mounted... if I don't want to get harassed, I need to change it, other than that I take the chance of getting pulled over for something that rediculous and that's my fault!

without an attorney how can i get a hold of the tape, contact the local headquarters? or get ahold of Raleigh, where the big headquarters is?

i did forget to mention that my brother called the law makers office in raliegh and the state trooper HQ in raliegh, they both said there was no law and the Capt my brother spoke to said that tons of guys down there have them and they dont care at all. and what so funnny is on the way home that day too cops stopped searching the mexicans car look and pointed and laughed........................:laugh::laugh::laugh:

There should be a head quarters in the Asheville area. In SC it's called a Rule 5. It's a form you fill out requesting evidence or copies of. Contact them about getting the tape and they should advise you.

They have public defenders that will defend you. You need to check into all this. Hiring an attorney would be great, but would probably cost you ten times the fine.

20‑140.4. Special provisions for motorcycles and mopeds.

(a) No person shall operate a motorcycle or moped upon a highway or public vehicular area:

(1) When the number of persons upon such motorcycle or moped, including the operator, shall exceed the number of persons which it was designed to carry.

(2) Unless the operator and all passengers thereon wear on their heads, with a retention strap properly secured, safety helmets of a type that complies with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 218.

(b) Violation of any provision of this section shall not be considered negligence per se or contributory negligence per se in any civil action.

(c) Any person convicted of violating this section shall have committed an infraction and shall be fined according to G.S. 20‑135.2A(e) and (f). (1973, c. 1330, s. 6; 1989, c. 711, s. 1; 2007‑360, s. 7.)

just wonder what was the violation for? what did he write on the ticket or is there a place in on the ticket says that no mohawks allowed in the helmet:laugh: and how much is the fine?

it is its a scorpio i got a DAl Kawa amd still has visibly seen the DOT SNELL sticker on the back , and i have patches and have another helmet with one hawk thats crazy glued on and ahve never had a problem, its not a big fine the court costs are actually 3x more than the fine,, paying the 100 $ dollar ticket is not what i care about its getting a ticket for something i didnt do!!!!!! thats why i am throwing a big fit about it!

Man, I would have given you a ticket for that fugly helmet too! j/k :rofl:

My cousin is a cop here in NC, it's too late to call him tonight, but I'll give him a ring in the morning and ask him about this. I've seen quite a few of these around W.S. so I would find it hard to believe this is a law. Sounds like one of these guys probably ran from him and won and now he's pissed off looking for revenge.

Back