Need Help choosing Helmet

jeffroe334

Registered
From everything I've read the four helmets I have narrowed it down to all are DOT and Snell approved.  

I basically want a helmet the won't make my ears bleed from the wind and one the I won't roast in, since South FL is hotter than He$%.

Since I drive an 06 Blue and Silver Busa I want the helmet to match.  Check out the pics let me know what you think?

1:

agv_blue.jpg

Dam the 3rd looks real nice don't by it.
whistling.gif
Cause that looks like my 3rd helmet for my collection.
laugh.gif

The Zox helmets have some of the MOST uncomfortable liners I have ever placed on my head. The liners are thin and they reverberate a LOT of noise. I would advise against the Zox helmets.

AGV makes some nice lids.

thanks for the advice, I have never heard of ZOX.......my ears are like already half dead from wearing an HJC for 6 years......I do wear ear plugs but not always....

rf1000 liners NOT fully removable. go with the shoei X-11, fully removable liner [washable].
thumb_up.gif

Shoei X-11; quite, good ventilation. Fits my round head, the padding around the cheek and jawbone is full, you can almost bite your inside cheek. But that is the way it's suppose to fit.
Read up on reviews of helmets like at Web Bike World to help you pick one.

Shoei. They vent well (even in this NC humidity) and have the most comfortable fit that I've been able to find.

you need to try them on... find a brand that fits your head correctly.. then look at their offerings.. I am a Shoei/Arai head myself... Fit is first...

i have a shoei x11 and the agv ti-tech. the shoei is more comfortable for me, in part due to cut-outs in the foam for your ears. it is not as quiet as the agv - I wear earplugs anyway - but has better ventilation. you will need a larger size in the agv. i wear large in the x11 and XL in the agv. the agv is also designed for a more snug fit. both are top quality, as has been said, try them on first. fit is everything.

yea I have a big noggin. I'm 6'5 220ish I wear a 2x in Scorpion, XL in HJC and not sure what I would need in AGV or Shoei, or Arai.

I'm on a budget here, I don't want to spend more than $250.00

Back