Caught by state trooper

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Well, there is at least one level headed State Trooper in the state of Washington.

On monday afternoon I took the scooter out for a little fun and games and just had a blast for about two hours. On my way home I was about 10 minutes out, I decided I'd do a couple of slow wheelies for good measure. I slowed her down to about 20 mph and snapped the clutch lever along with a little throttle, not a car in sight, up she come and when she was perfectly balanced at about 35 mph, I just rocked her along for a few hundred feet. Then it happened, around the corner coming at me came a trooper in an unmarked dark grey Crown Victoria. As soon as I seen him I thought, DAMN, what a fine time to meet a trooper. I sat the front down gently and pulled over. He never turned his lights on, just made a U-turn and pulled in behind me. I was off the bike and removing my helmet when he walked up. I said, "I thought you'd probably want to have a talk with me"? He said "Yep, do you have a license"? I gave him my license and said, "Well, at least I wasn't speeding". He replied, "Yes, and you didn't run as I know I couldn't catch you if you did".

To skip a few of the details, he told me he could tell by the way I was dressed I was no rookie (I had on full Dainese leathers with the knee pucks ground down to the limit). He handed me my license back and told me to behave myself that he didn't want to catch me doing that again.

I thought for sure I'd get a big fat negligent driving ticket worth $528, but he let me slide. Later, I told my son about what happened and he wanted to know what the trooper looked like. I told him and he said that sounded like his racing partners buddy that rides a GSXR1000 as well.

Was that luck or was that LUCK? I think I'll buy a lottery ticket this Saturday?

I think the fact that you pulled right over and waited for him had alittle to do with it. Great guy to let you slide like that.

very lucky indeed.
cool.gif

lucky bastid.

We all deserve a break now an' again.

I always rode slower and calmer after encounters like that.

For a few days anyway.....heheheheheheheee

I think the fact that you pulled right over and waited for him had alittle to do with it. Great guy to let you slide like that.
Yeah well. I tried that "Pulling over trick" and Rich (BA BUSA) got mad at me
down.gif

We passed this line of cars doing I think.. what was it Rich? about 120.. 130? (we were in a 55 zone)

pulled back in front of the lead car and as soon as we did there was a CHP parked on the shoulder about a 1/4 of a mile down the road..

I pulled over about a couple of hundred yards in front of him, Rich slowed down but kept going... the CHP never moved so after about 2 minutes I said. ohhhh kaaayy. and put it back in gear and caught up to Rich.

But yeah.. I have done that a few times.. pulled over before they can hit the lights.... they usually run my license, I am extremely respectful, they usually let me go.. and I usually feel so guilty I don't speed for a few months (I.E. I respect when an officer cuts me slack)

Yeah well. I tried that "Pulling over trick" and Rich (BA BUSA) got mad at me  
down.gif

We passed this line of cars doing I think.. what was it Rich? about 120.. 130? (we were in a 55 zone)

pulled back in front of the lead car and as soon as we did there was a CHP parked on the shoulder about a 1/4 of a mile down the road..

I pulled over about a couple of hundred yards in front of him, Rich slowed down but kept going... the CHP never moved so after about 2 minutes I said. ohhhh kaaayy. and put it back in gear and caught up to Rich.

But yeah.. I have done that a few times.. pulled over before they can hit the lights.... they usually run my license, I am extremely respectful, they usually let me go.. and I usually feel so guilty I don't speed for a few months (I.E. I respect when an officer cuts me slack)
He never saw us....if he would have come after us I would have pulled over and taken it
wow.gif

Ya don't get too many of those for free. Enjoy it while you can!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

You lucky SOB!!!!! if that was me i would have been cuffed!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif

Whhhew, that was a close one...those one's are hard to come by...I bet when you were pull'in away after the stop you were singing that old alkaseltzer song "oh what a relief it is"
smile.gif

every dog has his day and good dogs have 2!

remember to split the lottery winnings with me...well, just get me an 06 LE and we will call it even.
laugh.gif

I wouldn't buy that lottery ticket since I think you've used up all of your luck for a while. We need a cop or two like that in WV.

Yea, I already used mine up as well. Drag racing with my buddies from light to light coming out of aspen. I thought the impound lot and jail was in my future for sure. Congrats
smile.gif

Well, good for you! What a relief that must have been...he'd better not catch you doing that again!
tounge.gif

Back