Tonight, I had a run in with the State Patrol!

kawiboy11

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I see someone already listed there traffic violation, so I figured I would do mine, from about 45 minutes ago! Ok, for those of you who don't know me, I am in the process of becoming a Nebraska State Trooper. I am in the finale month of the interview process, which means I have only two more obstacles that stand in my way to becoming a Nebraska State Trooper. Ok, here is the story. I currently do apartment maintenance to pay the bills. I am on call this week and I got a call from a lady who's kitchen faucet broke off & was spraying water all over. So what do I do you ask? I jump in the WRX Turbo Sedan, & race over to my work. Well......most of you know the WRX is a very quick car,(racecar right out of the box) So I am half way to work going up a hill, the light turns yellow, so I decide to beat the signal, Bad , Bad , Bad choice! I get through the light ok, just as it turned red. I look in my mirror and see a light silver car, turning right behind me. It turns out to be a Nebraska State Trooper! I was SO ******! He pulls me over in Applebee's parking lot. He was not very nice at first, told me that I ran a red light, and he clocked me at 60 mph in a 40 mph! I tell him my situation, about the flooding apartment and all, then I tell him that I am about one month away from becoming a State Trooper. He replies, really? So he takes my information, then goes back to his vehicle. So in the meantime, this lady's apartment is flooding, & I don't give a flying **** So about 10 minutes later he walks back to my car, he had written me two tickets, on the same ticket, thank god! So we start talking, he congratulates me on making it this far in the hiring process and says............"I'll give you a break". He wrote the Traffic light violation for $25.00, and the speeding for only $75.00. So a total of $144.00 for both violations(& I get to take the class for $85.00 instead of paying the fines!), when he could have slapped me with two tickets for over $325.00! I asked him if he knew the trooper who did my month long background investigation that I just passed. Can you guess what his answer was? Well, it was this. "Yeah I am good friends with him, In fact, I was on my way to meet him for dinner!" You can imagine how I felt then, the whole troop will know now! Then he said, hope to see you in boot camp! It was not my fault, it was the damn WRX! Wait till they hear I got a Turbo Busa!

AAAssjani.gif

258.JPG

cool i'am in the 1st stages for getting into the CHP. takes a while. but i seem to get away with all of my speeding.
firedevil.gif

that trooper is going to have you peeling potatoes and doing push-ups the whole time during boot camp after letting you off easy for that ticket, LOOK OUT!!!
beerchug.gif

Anyone related cop or cop...gets breaks, and we get treated like a criminal...thats the differences and the reality check...and, it is very bitter truth...
all_coholic.gif

I can just see whats going through his mind. A 25 yr old male in a little hotrod speeding running lights because he's on his way to fix a leaky faucet, oh sure!!!

I dont know about up there but down here if you have any traffic tickets within 2 years of becomeing a police officer of trooper they wont hire you. Good luck though! If im ever flying through NEB. and get stopped, im name dropping!!
beerchug.gif

(mymaster @ Apr. 04 2007,21:52) I can just see whats going through his mind. A 25 yr old male in a little hotrod speeding running lights because he's on his way to fix a leaky faucet, oh sure!!!
In a way, it's the same here, but I already passed the background check, meaning it won't be on my record, also i get to take the class, so the ticket goes by by!
muscle.gif

(hydrabusa @ Apr. 05 2007,00:35) Anyone related cop or cop...gets breaks, and we get treated like a criminal...thats the differences and the reality check...and, it is very bitter truth...
all_coholic.gif
My buddy and I (both on Busa's) got stopped a few months back by a Florida DOT officer. We were headed into Gainesville on HWY 301. We saw him but not soon enough. We slowed down hard and still got clocked at 107 in a 65. He was a jerk to begin with and turned out to be a good guy. No racing ticket, no reckless driving, just speeding. We had mandintory court apperances and he showed up to comment on how respectful we were towards him and how we could have easily out run him but didn't. No points with a driver improvement course. Fine wasn't that bad either.

(XB12RP @ Apr. 05 2007,09:56)
(hydrabusa @ Apr. 05 2007,00:35) Anyone related cop or cop...gets breaks, and we get treated like a criminal...thats the differences and the reality check...and, it is very bitter truth...
all_coholic.gif
My buddy and I (both on Busa's) got stopped a few months back by a Florida DOT officer. We were headed into Gainesville on HWY 301. We saw him but not soon enough. We slowed down hard and still got clocked at 107 in a 65. He was a jerk to begin with and turned out to be a good guy. No racing ticket, no reckless driving, just speeding. We had mandintory court apperances and he showed up to comment on how respectful we were towards him and how we could have easily out run him but didn't. No points with a driver improvement course. Fine wasn't that bad either.
Wow, not all cops are bad, i guess!
smile.gif

Saw something that would make BigD proud, an Arkansas State Police Hemi that looks like his wife's car!
super.gif
Same model I believe, guess they don't have to do much to the Hemi to make it a Police Package upgrade! Also didn't have a light bar, sneaky bastards...
pissed.gif

Congrats on where your at in the hiring process. The background and the pschological are major big deals. The rest isn't too bad. Cool on the ticket. Glad it wasen't to bad.

My son just finished the Academy for New York State. In field training now. I can't believe how tough the interviewing process is. Also, the background check--they find out EVERYTHING about you. Good luck with your process and I hope you will soon join the ranks of the State Troopers!

Looks like you got a nice break. Hopefully you'll be a cool Trooper too!

Back