Oklahoma Highway Patrol

Capt, thanks for sharing. Great photos !
OK Troopers on Busa's ? Man, that just ain't right
wow.gif

Be safe brother.

indeed! I wonder if they'll do the kickstand mod. [/Quote]

They did after the 1st one fell over......... I kid you not... They were initiated just like the rest of us....

Looks like the cover to the triple tree is raised way high along with the handlebars.  Did they comment on that at all?

--Wag--

busa-thunder-vallery-9-24-06254_edited.JPG

The troopers will have to chime in and let us know for sure but, I have heard that atleast one of the bikes was a seized in a bust. I have also heard that the troopers went to superbike school so hopefully nothing eventfull in the line of accidents.

The first one was a 2003 that was seized, they repainted it black and viola you have the first busa... The commissioner from what I hear told them if the project was going to be successful then they needed to be in pairs and whammo now you have two... They did indeed go the Cali superbike school hosted by Kawi..... One of my all time favorite pics is the one where the two OHP bikes are posed up in front of a line of Green Kawis... I will find the pic and post it here...

CAp

(Yort @ Sep. 25 2006,02:00) One thing that is nice to see if there are wearing some protective gear now atleast. Full helmet and a armored jacket. Atleast it sends a better picture for young bikers.
super.gif
+1000
That is a very good message to send to the young sport bike community.

Once they experience the speed of these things, they will be one of the lowest excess speed citation writers of the entire force. They'll really have an understanding of real speed and what is safe. Couldn't be any better for us as members of the SportBike and Hayabusa community.
I hope I don't have to eat crow for saying that.

I wonder if I can work a lateral transfer deal...

great pics Cap.. Thanks!

I wonder, if they're Corbin Bags (in a tip over) cause the bike to hit their front fairing forward of the Frame Sliders
rock.gif
? Sure looks like it  
wow.gif
. If so
wink.gif
, well they're still great looking in the Oklahoma Flag Blue color  
SHOCKED.gif

Thank you for the pics Cap. That is way Cool for the Officers that get to ride them! Not sure if this is any way to mend relationships with the Sportbike Community??? Good PR, until the Citations start stacking up!! I would rather see our Fine Officers on Ninja 250's in the areas that are populated by Sportbikes.

By the Way, All the Officers that are reading this Post, Please! Please ! show a little Grace and Mercy to us Old farts on Sportbikes, 11 MPH over is
rock.gif
? with our slightly inaccurate speedo's.

OHP Officers, Have FUN with those Rockets, AND be SAFE!!!

Back