Got lit up by highway patrol

SANDFLEA85

Registered
just got on I95 after work heading home,H.W Patrol doing 50mph in right lane,ofcourse everyone sitting back but its 97 degrees out and im in leathers and cooking so i get up to 55mph and slowly pass him,as i pass he gets behind me,i look down,doin 55mph,no problem here.now he lights me up,at first i think,it cant be me so i slide over a lane and he's right behind me still....WTF!! so i pull off on the shoulder,he comes up..liscense,reg and ins...I say,i know i wasnt speeding,what are you stopping me for,he replys "you seem to have forgotten something"...i say "what"? he replys "you dont have a liscense plate"....."what? its right...??? where the fuk is it??? damn,the bracket snapped off (it was a chaingaurd/plate holder and because of putting it on the rear stand,i guess it got to much pressure and cracked)...he seen it was broken off and believed that part,but my ins and reg was in the hump,the same hump that holds my 2lb NOS bottle,so i pretend not to be able to get in there (they take the bottles here unless you have a hazmat endorsment on your liscense) I say...damn,its jammed but i swear its in there,so he runs the VIN and tells me nothing comes up??? i say is that a bad thing? he says...well,its not a good thing,gives me back my liscense and tells me he believes me and tells me to be careful going home....NO TIX!! but he proceeds to follow me the next 20 miles all the while doing 55mph in 97 degree heat,i think i lost 10lbs on the ride home...never realized how hard it is to do the speed limit!! so anyway,i filed for a new tag today,should have it by weeks end and all and all it was a positve experience with the law.....for a change
beerchug.gif

I see it this way - you sacrificed the fun weekend at bulldog's to work and help those who lost power during the recent storms in the area. You treated the LEO with respect and he cut you a break even though he didn't have to... Karma in action - love to see it happen. Good for you!

What's this talk of them taking NOS bottles? Is that for most states or just yours? I was under the impression NOS was legal - in fact I just moved my bottle to my swingarm where it's exposed.

I hate it when the plate goes MIA. I have had it happen to me and had the same reaction from cops, just kinda blew it off and ran my DL # and said have a nice day.
beerchug.gif

I have to admit I am rolling here, you keep your papers in the hump with your bottle!!!! hahahahaha

jesus man.

good that you didnt get a ticket... that's very sketchy though... very trusting LEO... but I guess that's cool.
btw, why don't you wrap a small towel or something around the bottle so that you cant tell it's a bottle and just keep the papers over that? Last thing you want is to get pulled over for speeding and then have em see a bottle when taking your papers out... they'd probably think you were spraying at the time and street racing, etc... better safe than sorry...
beerchug.gif

kinda hard to hide the bottle,its a 2lb bottle sticks up thrue opening in hump with all the other sh!t in there..speedohealer,PCIII,NOS delay box,Nos relay,on board compressor...there is barely any room for my zip lock bag with my reg and ins ...haha
super.gif

busa2.jpg

(johnnycrash @ Jul. 10 2007,07:59) What's this talk of them taking NOS bottles?  Is that for most states or just yours?  I was under the impression NOS was legal - in fact I just moved my bottle to my swingarm where it's exposed.
I dont know the rules for every state,but i think its only legal on a track and you need to watch how you transport it,guess you need placards and the hazmat endorsement to be legal,but like i said,im not sure,my bro-in-law is a statey here in Pa,according to him its illegal and they will take the bottle if they find one.i really didnt want to take the chance since these bottle are anything but cheap!!

Maybe I'm lucky in Illinois, but my local yocal cops told me I'm fine, and I see several other busa's and an R-1 running around my town with the bottle on the arm. It must vary state to state.

I hear ya on the bottle price - at about $150 each - I'd be p!ssed if they just took it.

Oh, and nice looking trunk - all business just like mine.
beerchug.gif

(DEVLDOG @ Jul. 10 2007,15:30) kinda hard to hide the bottle,its a 2lb bottle sticks up thrue opening in hump with all the other sh!t in there..speedohealer,PCIII,NOS delay box,Nos relay,on board compressor...there is barely any room for my zip lock bag with my reg and ins ...haha
super.gif
THAT COP WOULD HAVE SH!T HIMSELF, IF HE SAW THAT TRUNK !!

Your from Philly, we should get together, and ride sometime ??

Back