Oklahoma Highway Patrol Busas

Professor

Hayabusa Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I had lunch today with two unique Hayabusa Riders.  Lucky guys, how would you like to ride a Busa as part of your job. Talk about Mods, man they keep adding things.  The two most resent mods I noticed were the GPR steering stabilizer (good choice, I have the same) and the stunt bars. Everywhere these bikes go they draw a crowd.

They have updated their Blog, check it out Link

For the doubters still out there, I’ll say it again. These are not your usual police DARE vehicles or some display piece. These are working police units!

ohpbusa1.jpg

Had a group ride to Turner Falls last weekend was hoping to see one, just not w/ the lights on

i'll bet those guys can scrape sattlebags...LOL!!! i don't know about riding the Busa for 12hrs a day 4 days a week. you would get sore after 2-3 days. You'de get damn good at riding though.

beerchug.gif
But my question is, Are they willing to push their busa's chasing some one 180+?? They had to use a Bell Helicopter a few years ago to catch a guy on a Busa doing 205mph.
wow.gif

(BUSADOOK @ Mar. 23 2007,16:20) i'll bet those guys can scrape sattlebags...LOL!!! i don't know about riding the Busa for 12hrs a day 4 days a week. you would get sore after 2-3 days. You'de get damn good at riding though.
super.gif

track7rb.jpg

(1 BAD 2K @ Mar. 23 2007,15:23)
beerchug.gif
But my question is, Are they willing to push their busa's chasing some one 180+?? They had to use a Bell Helicopter a few years ago to catch a guy on a Busa doing 205mph.
wow.gif
Why chase him at 180+? I would rather go catch guys all day long that are running 80+ in a 55 zone, exiting the highway from the middle lane etc. You are on them in less than a mile, cuts down your exposure.

The guys willing to run from you at 175-185 are going to soon remove themselves from society anyway. There is no sense in joining them.

I think the whole program is cool. Proactive, not reactive as usual. I would like to go ride with a few of them....
beerchug.gif

(moondog @ Mar. 23 2007,16:38) I think the whole program is cool. Proactive, not reactive as usual. I would like to go ride with a few of them....
beerchug.gif
You may just get that chance.
wink.gif

Back